10 minutes ago, ibessonov said:

Any idea of what could it be?

@KikoTube, who played with it said it was motor switch for top / bottom power.

Did you notice this kind of opening door? I suppose it works more or less like a sliding door.

door.jpg

Edited by mpj

nvm. didn't read it all.

Edited by zux

Interesting thought, @mpj. I noticed the connectors sitting at an angle, but couldn't link it to a door function. I think you might just be correct :)

(By the way, strange panel usage for the seat.)

1 hour ago, Omikron said:

Outriggers are operated by small linear actuators

Makes me wonder if they can lift the wheels from the ground. This set with all its features really looks like a great hommage to the good old 855

I'm wondering what the final weight will be on this massive machine.  I may need to reinforce my display shelf :)

1 hour ago, rener said:

Makes me wonder if they can lift the wheels from the ground. This set with all its features really looks like a great hommage to the good old 855

No way four small LAs lift this off the ground

27 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

No way four small LAs lift this off the ground

Probably not. But with the right momentum, who knows? Would be very cool though...

Edited by rener

Looking closer I am sure there was some part inflation going on to make the 4,000 pieces.  Not that I am complaining....

But take a look at the hubs.  Aren't those 1x1 round tiles... in black? 8 per wheel?  And I don't really think it looks that good.  But... 8 x 4 = 32 pieces right there.  Why the 3l black bars linking the chain hoisting the wall when the studded parts of the chain can both easily be connected into the connector that is in the wall? Historically, cranes have had a billion pins in their overall part count (42009 anyone? ).  The switch on the BB, though I don't mind that it is covered from its ugly orange, has a switch built out of at least six pieces though the real switch is easily accessible.   And that is right off the top of my head.  I am sure there are many other examples.  

Couple other observations: 

- Is this the longest mobile crane boom we have seen in a Lego model (first stage)?    42009 was 3 11L (curved) panels long, this one is four.  

- Really like the use of the silver string as also used in 42070 and 42069.  I really hope this is an ongoing tread.  Really like this string.  

- Looks like there is a clutch gear near the main winch.  Probably used in the system for lifting.  So, like pretty much all cranes before it (42042, etc.) before anyone begins complaining of lifting capability this will need to be changed out for normal 24t gear.  

- Tool compartment? will it actually have tools in it?  Kinda like 42069?  Hope so, another trend I like.  

1 hour ago, dforce said:

I'm wondering what the final weight will be on this massive machine.  I may need to reinforce my display shelf :)

Probably similar to 42055, given the piece count. May be less (small pieces), may be more, we can only guess.

3 hours ago, Omikron said:

Outriggers are operated by small linear actuators

Wow, nice find! This makes me wonder if the outriggers extend horizontally at all, or that it's just 8460-style. (sorry for using an ancient set as comparison). The latter would be a massive letdown on such a huge set.

8 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

- Tool compartment? will it actually have tools in it?  Kinda like 42069?

It looks openable. There are two hinges on the left, made with this part

11 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

Wow, nice find! This makes me wonder if the outriggers extend horizontally at all, or that it's just 8460-style. (sorry for using an ancient set as comparison). The latter would be a massive letdown on such a huge set.

On the one hand, yes. On the other hand, 8460's outriggers had no trouble at all lifting the machine...

13 minutes ago, LvdH said:

That is including the box and its contents (parts and instructions manual).

Let's say 3,15kg then. =)

2 hours ago, Timoonn said:

The chain storage

The sticker on the box on the right says chains, the one on the left says tools. So I guess a bit of both?

Does anybody know what is the length and width of the crane? I mean only bottom compartment (without turret).

Edited by Jaromir
Spelling mistake