5 minutes ago, Timoonn said:

Why would I spend 229 for a crane which does not add anyhting new

For the pleasure of a big shiny box of new lego. Thats reason enough for me.. it doesn't have to have new pieces and perfect design to mean i want it. I could d/l the instructions for a few of my sets without having to buy them... but thats missing the point. Its a hobby/toy at the end of the day, and is a pleasure in itself. +1 for less negative waves! 

Buy it, build it, love it.. Just a thought?!

17 minutes ago, TeamThrifty said:

For the pleasure of a big shiny box of new lego. Thats reason enough for me.. it doesn't have to have new pieces and perfect design to mean i want it. I could d/l the instructions for a few of my sets without having to buy them... but thats missing the point. Its a hobby/toy at the end of the day, and is a pleasure in itself. +1 for less negative waves! 

Buy it, build it, love it.. Just a thought?!

Everyone has his own level of expectations, his way of considering a purchase, his own Lego passion and collection, his money.
There is not an unique "good way to buy", everyone does what he wants to do.

And this is the same within a discussion, it mean that we are not obliged to fall in love with the model just because its a big one. We have the right to criticize, to discuss.
There is no negativity to say that the model, for me, is visually disappointing. 

If there are negative points (and all this is subjective), we do have the right to talk about it.:sweet:
For me since 42043 and 42054, Technic sets has a hard time to make me dream.

Edited by Timoonn

1 hour ago, Aventador2004 said:

Take out the clutch? That or gearing additions.

Lifting capacity on both 42009 and 42042 was limited really by clutch only.  Take out the clutch and lifting capacity not bad.  Also, turnable did limit 42042 somewhat.

1 minute ago, nerdsforprez said:

Lifting capacity on both 42009 and 42042 was limited really by clutch only.  Take out the clutch and lifting capacity not bad.  Also, turnable did limit 42042 somewhat.

That is what I thought, it would just be there for beginners.

13 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

That is what I thought, it would just be there for beginners.

It is there so that someone doesnt try and pick up something impossible to pickup and tear the gearbox to shreds...  

If you strain the drive train too much then it's the normal 24z that will snap first. I've experienced that when I switched the two clutch 24z gears with two normal 24z gears, and put it on the move mode. The 24z gear in the undercarriage broke.

1 hour ago, Timoonn said:

For me since 42043 and 42054, Technic sets has a hard time to make me dream.

I could not agree more, but lets give new sets a chance

1 hour ago, Timoonn said:

Everyone has his own level of expectations

Absolutely! And i did say it was reason enough for me... not that it should be for everyone. :classic: Just think the mood needs to lighten a bit sometimes, that all..  :wink:

Anyway, its not perfect, but it does make be feel 10 when i see the pics, so it works for me!!

What can you say but, yeah, going to buy it. After 40 years of playing with Technic, I still buy almost every flagship set, just not misb on the first day at full retail. 

Does anybody know where those photos were taken?

After seeing those pictures it's a definite must buy, It does look good in general, especially the undercarriage. I would only mod the cabin and the hook, which looks too bulky and is not so nice. I hope the functionality is good.

The pictures are on brickset and taken on the european trade show

Edited by gvo25

I actually really like the paneling of the superstructure.  Yes, it's big, but that's part of the appeal.  I really like the color scheme and the panels sloping down on the side.  I can't wait for the hands on review or better yet, getting it myself :)

Called it! 5x3 panels, and I think two stage outriggers!

Also, they are from IMGBB

I think it looks awesome. But one thing still puzzles me: how can the two linear actuators handle the weight of the boom. My telehandler's actuators struggled with a smaller boom.

25 minutes ago, mpj said:

Does anybody know where those photos were taken?

Profesionals-only fair in Milano, Italy. 

Set is powered by one XL motor and battery pack (of old type - no PF2.0).

Also, in looking at the top picture more closely, the outriggers seem to be one fluid motion to the ground.  I'm excited to see what kind of mechanism that will be, because one motion would probably be stronger than the mechanically interesting yet weaker two stage outriggers of 42009.

I also think the superstructure looks bigger in photos than it will be in person.  It doesn't seem as thick as I initially thought, just the height of the battery box.  I'm not sure about the engine block, though, I kind of wish they found a separate function rather than filling the space with yet another engine.  Oh well.

Ok, how many of you would have tried walking out of the toy fair with this tucked under their coat?

It looks to me that the two squares in front of the crane are used to cover the “trunk” in the middle front part of the crane. Are they intended to be put under the outriggers?What’s in there?

I think the boom does not use work gears, take a look at the top!

1 minute ago, WvG_853 said:

It looks to me that the two squares in front of the crane are used to cover the “trunk” in the middle front part of the crane. Are they intended to be put under the outriggers?What’s in there?

Yes, outrigger stamps.

5 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

Called it! 5x3 panels

Oh great... just when I thought my MOC was finished... NOW we get 3x7 panels in red... Nope, not doing it, not going to rebuild it one more time to put in red 3x7's... nope... nope... nope... ok, well maybe... maybe...

Edited by Bublehead

I don’t get why people want Claas steering modes in this. 42054 had massive slack and play in its steering.

50 minutes ago, Lipko said:

I think it looks awesome. But one thing still puzzles me: how can the two linear actuators handle the weight of the boom. My telehandler's actuators struggled with a smaller boom.

Perhaps an another upgraded large LA that can handle a bigger load? Like the new version they made after the feedback on the 8043?