1 hour ago, Didumos69 said:

The blue clutch gears used to brace the diffs better and the geared down gearbox have me scared as well.

Looking at one of the images of the front axle, a blue clutch gear can't be mounted there (diff locked into a "fits only 1-way" position in 5x7 frame by a 1L white liftarm). So on the rear it might actually serve a purpose?

8 minutes ago, Appie said:

So on the rear it might actually serve a purpose?

Based on what others reported, I am 99% sure the blue gear has no other function than to brace the diff. Or it comes simply to give us more blue gears.

44 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

Based on what others reported, I am 99% sure the blue gear has no other function than to brace the diff. Or it comes simply to give us more blue gears.

I believe you are right ... the engine is mounted right on top of the diff, and the engine is driven in front from the gearbox, so the new blue gear does nothing ...

800x450.jpg

Edited by AndroTech

11 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Why does the diff in this set need bracing?

If there is a lot of friction in the gearbox to avoid cracking noises and slippage.

43 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

Ok, but why only brace the one in the rear? (for your first option) 

Edited by Appie

On 5/8/2018 at 6:46 PM, Meatman said:

The large majority of people in this world like cars as they are a part of their every day life. While things like a forklift may be fun to build and play with, most people are going to gravitate towards something that they are familiar with. Not to mention, what is easier to market and hype up to a large crowd of would-be Lego consumers? A 3,000 piece Forklift or a 3,000 piece Lamborghini?

TL;DR Meatman is right :wink: 

Sorry to get back to a post on page 25, but I was going through the questions and found a discussion about the relevance of and interest in supercars in the Technic theme. To answer the question; the Porsche is #9 in the top selling sets of 2017. And it’s the only Technic set in the top 10. Nuff said. A big crane is fun and all, but a supercar sells!! I’m sure the Bugatti will do more than fine too.

21 minutes ago, Appie said:

Ok, but why only brace the one in the rear? (for your first option) 

I don’t know.

29 minutes ago, AndroTech said:

I believe you are right ... the engine is mounted right on top of the diff, and the engine is driven in front from the gearbox, so the new blue gear does nothing ...

800x450.jpg

That yellow silicon band in the background, is that part of a 90-degree limiter?

10 minutes ago, Jim said:

... the Porsche is #9 in the top selling sets of 2017. And it’s the only Technic set in the top 10. Nuff said. A big crane is fun and all, but a supercar sells!! I’m sure the Bugatti will do more than fine too.

Damn ... shocking info ... so Porsche is No1 selling Technic set in TLG lineup ... one would think, that some mid-priced set, that is interesting and fun, but not so expensive, such as 42062 Truck , would be higher on the list of top selling Technic sets ...

Ok, do the instruction books come unsealed inside the box? I usually leave my instructions sealed and use the pdf versions online. Since I bought my 911 used, I don’t know how they come misb. Anyone know if they are planning on releasing instructions tomorrow online?

20 minutes ago, SheldonF said:

I am in love with this angle of the car. I really think it's an amazing model and I'm so excited ...

I like this angle ...

800x362.jpg

6 minutes ago, Bublehead said:

Ok, do the instruction books come unsealed inside the box? 

This is how the book is packed ... book one on the top, then the box with parts, and book two on the bottom ...

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

Edited by AndroTech
See post below

All the weight of the back part of the car falls on two angled liftarms ?, they are easily broken parts in my experience or maybe I use them too many times...

9 minutes ago, AndroTech said:

I like this angle ...

I like the proportions of the lego model better than the shape of the real stuff ;)

Edited by Pandora
See my post

3 minutes ago, AndroTech said:

I like this angle ...

Androtech, you may have noticed I've removed a picture from your post. I know there are pictures of this set out there, but we don't post leaks on Eurobricks. Feel free to repost once the embargo has lifted.

To everyone: We have a good relationship with TLG, it is a cooperative relationship, and part of our cooperation with them is that we agree not to host leaks.

So we love discussion and excitement, but no leaks please. We will post the press release in full, with all the drool-worthy pictures, on the front page, once the embargo is lifted very soon.

If anyone has a problem with any of that, feel free to PM me or another member of staff. 

56 minutes ago, AndroTech said:

Damn ... shocking info ... so Porsche is No1 selling Technic set in TLG lineup ... one would think, that some mid-priced set, that is interesting and fun, but not so expensive, such as 42062 Truck , would be higher on the list of top selling Technic sets ...

Yup, but I think it’s by revenue, not sales numbers. Than it makes sense.

So outside of a Bugatti... and I fear I might not be getting it tomorrow... I kinda expect info from the store today if it'll be available or not.

Offtopic: There is a possibility that we might get a PF version 2/3/? I wonder if it'll make it's way to technic one day

Edited by Ascius

1 hour ago, Didumos69 said:

I don’t know.

That yellow silicon band in the background, is that part of a 90-degree limiter?

Looks like it will be for a 90 degree limiter. The #2 connector there from one of the early leaks was already a big hint I think that your system would be used here in some form, because they use that white 3L axle connector also used in gearboxes if they "just" want to bridge 3L nowadays. 

As for the blue gear diff brace only at the rear: perhaps it's for the lack of central diff and this is how they compensate for that perhaps combined with the 24T white clutch at the front axle? Room for a 1L "fake diff" better to manage than 3-4L real diff could be their logic?

I don't believe in the free part option. 

Somebody leak an image already where that white clutch is in the model :classic: 

Seriously though, if this is in the gearbox/main drive line (where I don't consider the front wheel drive as main if it is used as fake central diff) it will lose alot of points for me, just like the Porsche and the first thing to get fixed. 

Edited by Appie

Ok, so the 911 was the number nine earner for 2017, but maybe not the 9th most sold set. That means the premium they put on it worked an so that’s why the Chiron is $350. If it worked once, it will work again mentality is a bit overrated. They would have been better off keeping the same price point but that license to Bugatti might have a lot higher $$$ tag per set than the boys at Wolfsburg were charging.

4 minutes ago, Bublehead said:

Ok, so the 911 was the number nine earner for 2017, but maybe not the 9th most sold set. That means the premium they put on it worked an so that’s why the Chiron is $350. If it worked once, it will work again mentality is a bit overrated. They would have been better off keeping the same price point but that license to Bugatti might have a lot higher $$$ tag per set than the boys at Wolfsburg were charging.

The 900 extra pieces probably made them feel the $50 increase was warranted more than the license, especially since Porsche and Bugatti are both owned by the Volkswagen group with which Lego probably has an agreement.

I was about to say you do realise Bugatti and Porsche all fall into the VW Group. So does Lamborghini and so does Bentley ;)

@dforce, at $2.5 million a pop, I bet they get more per pop on the little version just like they do on the full size one. The more exclusive, the more $$$.  Bugatti and Volkswagen didn’t do this to help sell Chirons, and you can bet they get a little bit of that $350 in their pockets, that is the nature of licensing. TLG is the benefactor of this collaboration, and would have to pay something for the rights to the likeness and name, even if only a euro per set. You don’t go giving away IP (intellectual property) without a cost analysis and no ROI (return on investment). To VW and Bugatti, this is usually a no brainer since their cost is just time and access to engineers and drawings. It may be a wash, and they might do it at no cost to TLG for the positive publicity, but somewhere there is a bean counter who has counted these beans and someone who green lighted it one way or another. My bet is they had to pay.