I would love to get a call from the store on the 1st so I could swing by and pick it up right after work. Getting quite excited only few more days...

Just now, Ascius said:

I would love to get a call from the store on the 1st so I could swing by and pick it up right after work

Exactly my thoughts :classic: The only real problem for me is the price. Porsche here in Russia costs more than 450 dollars, I'm not joking! I can only hope that Bugatti will have the same price. It can't be lower by definition.

Hey guys ... look what I got today ... it is very nice ... let the building begin ...

Edited by Milan
Removed links.

1 hour ago, AndroTech said:

Hey guys ... look what I got today ... it is very nice ... let the building begin ...

that is nice indeed :wub:

21 hours ago, SheldonF said:

Side view is pretty close, I did a comparison on my own to see and it isn't far off. I love the lines of this car. I need the next 4 days to fly by. 

20 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

When looking at the side inage of the model, I still think the nose is too long and I think the use of those fender panels in the front make the hood look too flat. Nevertheless, I still like the whole model a.lot. I fear my budget for next year will be spent this year :wink:.

Yes, tho front of Chiron is too long by few studs, or the windscreen is few studs behind where it should be :)

Posting leaks again... ugh not nice. And we just had a conversation about how it wasn't supposed to be like that.

Edited by Ascius

You’ll have the Headmaster after you :cry_sad:

So it was already in some store available?

As much as I want to see more, I assume you're not posting pictures before the 1st June?

@Jim, @Milan, would it be an idea to temporarily change the topic title to '42083 Bugatti - No leaked content, no links either'.

Edited by Didumos69

+1 but written in capital.

@AndroTech I am glad that You have it (althogh it smells like the infamous comment: FIRST!), but couldn't you refrain to post it? Please, some respect to Eurobricks and LEGO - and for us? We don't want the fun spoiled!!!  EDIT: Thanks Milan!

@Thirdwigg If he got it from LEGO for review, than yes. If he got it via LEGO store as early bird via a friend, than yes. In other cases might not be, but come on, 2,5 days left, why to destroy the fun of many many people who are waiting for some show?

Edited by agrof

2 minutes ago, Thirdwigg said:

Is it a leak if it's available?

It is because officially it's supposed to be released on the 1st on June. It should not be available, but some stores and so on are breaking the rules. 

Edited by Ascius

1 minute ago, Thirdwigg said:

Is it a leak if it's available?

it is his delivery, so it is very difficult to be objective here; I think it is a special case  for @Jim and @Milan (alphabetically mentioned...)

Just now, I_Igor said:

it is his delivery, so it is very difficult to be objective here; I think it is a special case  for @Jim and @Milan (alphabetically mentioned...)

Delivery or not, Jim said just a couple of hours ago, the higher-ups aren't happy with this, it wasn't supposed to be like that.

Aren't all leaked images images of delivered instances? If you have to draw a line, which is apparently the case, than this is not less leaked than all the other leaked images.

Edited by Didumos69

8 minutes ago, agrof said:

+1 but written in capital.

@AndroTech I am glad that You have it (althogh it smells like the infamous comment: FIRST!), but couldn't you refrain to post it? Please, some respect to Eurobricks and LEGO - and for us? We don't want the fun spoiled!!! Please remove the leaks. PLEASE.

@Thirdwigg If he got it from LEGO for review, than yes. If he got it via LEGO store as early bird via a friend, than yes. In other cases might not be, but come on, 2,5 days left, why to destroy the fun of many many people who are waiting for some show?

If he got it for review from LEGO (which I highly doubt) then he also received very strict and clear instructions about the exact embargo date and time, no any images or information is allowed to be shared before that. 

11 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

As it was mentioned earlier Eurobricks respects what TLG asked, regardless who made the mistake of stealing/selling early/opening early the boxes. Even if you manage to buy a set early with good faith - which is only possible if you were living under a rock and you don't know about the exact reveal date and time - you can still be asked not to post any information/pics about the set. 

People don't care or don't calculate with consequences. In that case, I really hope they will be sued properly.

These people imagine that they bring us the holy fire, and thus they will be our gods for next days, in reality they are just party smashers, whose name not even remembered after 1 second.

Just now, agrof said:

People don't care or don't calculate with consequences. In that case, I really hope they will be sued properly.

These people imagine that they bring us the holy fire, and thus they will be our gods for next days, in reality they are just party smashers, whose name not even remembered after 1 second.

Chances are only reviewers like Sariel, Jim, so on are under NDA, so suing might not be easy. Especially since we kniw leaks came from store employees and unlawful stores themselves. But if someone gets sued it might be easier to enforce it later if they wish to try this again.

@AndroTech I have removed your links from the post. Please do not post images until the reveal date.

We do need to keep the EB clean from leaks until the reveal date. Pictures posted by AndroTech may or may not be "leaks", but, again, we want to respect TLG wishes, even though we understand that if AndroTech got the set today, there are probably others who will get the set before the reveal.

28 minutes ago, Ascius said:

Delivery or not, Jim said just a couple of hours ago, the higher-ups aren't happy with this, it wasn't supposed to be like that.

and

19 minutes ago, kbalage said:

If he got it for review from LEGO (which I highly doubt) then he also received very strict and clear instructions about the exact embargo date and time, no any images or information is allowed to be shared before that. 

As it was mentioned earlier Eurobricks respects what TLG asked, regardless who made the mistake of stealing/selling early/opening early the boxes. Even if you manage to buy a set early with good faith - which is only possible if you were living under a rock and you don't know about the exact reveal date and time - you can still be asked not to post any information/pics about the set. 

you could be right 

How is that about having the cake and eating it too?

I can't believe they truly though it was feasible.There are so many things that can go wrong;.a box can get lost or fall in the wrong hands -mine hopefully-, a rogue employee of a third party may feel not so inclined to respect a NDA. A software glitch/human error may make an automated post of a review too early (many many leaks got that way)

Unveil, then ship. Keep the NDA/sales ban for 2 weeks after your paper launch. That way a later leak is no biggie. Do you lose so much from a marketing point of view that way?

Edit:

As an afterthought they may be upset and disappointed but so do I. This ironfist attitude, I don't like it. Protection against copycats I understand. But forcing everyone acting as if those pictures didn't exist is beyond silly.

In the end I think I don't like this kind of unveiling at all.

Edited by aol000xw

Considering all that's been learned from this, you could almost expect the 2020 supercar reveal to be flawless :laugh:

Early leakers would only get sued if there were monetary damages as a result, which in this case there pretty much aren’t.

Also, I’m inclined to say that the higher ups at TLG that are disappointed really should have seen this coming. This whole taboo they created surrounding the Chiron, plus shipping them out to stores before the unveiling was the perfect breeding ground for leaks - It’s textbook human temptation.

Edited by Bartybum