54 minutes ago, paul_delahaye said:

Thanks Cardboy, just ordered.  I've been waiting for a decent saving and this will do.  I've been surprised at how limited the availability has been on this Bugatti.  the Porsche was much more widely available when launched in the UK which helped with the discounts.  Just hoping John Lewis packaging keeps the box in better condition than Argos deliveries!    

Yeah been waiting for a discount too, I feared when John Lewis got the exclusive we would not see one at all.

I was not expecting 25% so soon thought I would have to wait till a Black Friday like they did for the Porsche not staring at my order tracker they say 2pm today for collection I'm hoping sooner :grin:

3 hours ago, BrickWild said:

Got that on my 28th Birthday!

Spent two days building this and now I have a problem.

The centre lever is supposed to make the engine move.

When in the forward position, it doesn't but when in the backward position, it does.

Same problem here. I dont know where I did a mistake. Checked it twice but couldnt find anything. :(
However, I finished it and I will fait few months to rebuild it with the update from @jb70.
I want to wait a little bit, maybe he adds few new things in the coming weeks or so. :D

Wasn't sure to put this response here, or on the more general "color vomit" thread... but I guess here is as good as any place.

There has been a lot of complaining about color vomit, on this set and others, and the main justification is always "well you can't see it when it is covered by the exterior" -

Well, what if this was not the case?  Would it crush all color vomit apologists? 

I say this because in building 42083 I came across something that I am surprised no one has made comment on.  I definitely constructed it correctly as can be shown here:

15372773181_SPLASH.jpg

The left side is LBG while right side is black.  This is something that is NOT covered when completed....

15372773194_SPLASH.jpg

15372773183_SPLASH.jpg

15372773182_SPLASH.jpg

This actually really bothers me.  This is not shown only when spoiler is deployed, or at certain angles.  Any direct shot at the back will show the asymmetric colored beams.   The back is supposed to be the most beautiful part of the car.  I actually stumbled upon this because I wanted to add a light kit to my 42083, but now i actually have the wind kinda taken from that sail, because one of the main points for doing that was to show the back; which now I don't really care to do. 

Some might think this is trivial, but this is the exact reason why color vomit is a bad idea.  Additionally, I am usually somewhat an apologist for TLG; but this was an easy "miss" in the final approval of the model.  This liftarm should have remained black.....

I guess this was done so people don’t use a 15L liftarm instead of 13L. Actually, there aren’t any 13L liftarms in black in this set...

I can understand the need for the colours as it helps with the model orientation when following the instructions. I recently built the Extreme Adventure but did a colour fix to light grey on the Chassis and it soon became confusing as to where the next part was going.

i would love to build models removing the blue and red pins and axles but it often works out too costly to do so

Yea we all know why it is done.  That was not the point of the post.  Again, the point is it counters all the rationale of why it is okay (according to apologists).  Why it is okay, according to them, is because it has a benefit (building ease) and no downfall.  However, I am curious to see if it is still okay with folks even if there truly is a downfall (it does show through in some circumstances). 

I especially thought this example was relevant because the showing of color vomit is actually very obvious in the Chiron (not alot, but it is obvious) - AND from what is described by others as the most beneficial aspect of the model; i.e. its looks, and in the back (most appealing according to reviews) no less.....

I Finished building mine last night was very impressed how smooth the car rolls and changes gear you can defiantly see the lack of a centre dif as if you hold the front wheel and turn the back wheel then let go of the front alto of torque has built up and the clutch ring has not really done its job.

As I'm from the UK ever Lego car gets the right hand mod normally this involves moving a few linkages around but on this on its going to be a full rebuild I think as the shifter is asymmetric into the gear box and the whole assembly around the the gearbox is asymmetric I think i will have to try and mirror the whole of the first book to do it *huh*

Hi all, New to the forums and immediately resurrecting an old thread, but.... 

Recently purchased and built the 42083 Bugatti Chiron - first technic model (in fact first lego anything since I was about 10). Loved the build process, and sliding down the rabbit hole of MOCs (bricklink orders en route... ). 

Reason for jumping in on this thread is the rear wheels on my finished model just don't look correct (pics below). 'Brake disc' has a LOT of play, the ball joint from the axle which attaches to it slides quite far through, where it should surely be tighter. Anyone any idea what could be the cause?

I'm an engineer myself, haven't had any of the issues others have encountered, gears pistons, everything else is super smooth. I've gone over the manual,  taken it apart, rebuilt it - I fear I can't see the wood for the trees on this one and probably missing something obvious! Any help much appreciated. 

20191002_205558_compress28.jpg

If the suspension arms are built well and the wheel hub connected properly, it is certainly the disk brake which is not completely inserted into the wheel hub. You should hear a "click".

@nerdsforprez Thanks for ruining the back of the car for me, now ill have to rebuild it almost entirely to replace that BLG beam... :P

I actually vaguely remember noticing the asymetry whilst building, but i never thought to check the visibility at the end of the build, pretty bad design from lego to have something like this sticking out, looking at it more closely, there are actually some more BLG bits in the back which shouldnt be there, chiefly two axle with pinholes which hold the outermost wings on the bottom

There are definitely some details to be fixed here

Hi All

I'm having a blast putting together my Chiron. I've just finished Bag#4 and had a few spares left over, but, the one I'm curious about is a small spanner shaped piece (part#:6278152). I've been over the instructions twice and can't find its use anywhere.  Can someone tell me what it's used for?

I don't remember where in the build bag #4 is, but I remember those pieces being used to hold in place the silver rigid hoses to the sides of the car.

Hi guys, I've just finished the 3rd box of my Bugatti Chiron model and I've spotted that the gear shifting paddles do not work as they supposed to. They don't want to change the gears. I am not sure if i have done a building mistake somewhere, or the rubber band was placed wrong. Have you ever had a problem with that guys?

On 1/2/2020 at 8:31 PM, AVCampos said:

I don't remember where in the build bag #4 is, but I remember those pieces being used to hold in place the silver rigid hoses to the sides of the car.

Thanks @AVCampos I just finished the build and those parts as you said those parts are used later on to hold the piping on. It was just confusing that there was a single one in bag for those left over as a spare so early on in the build. 

Hi @Jaromir having just finished myself Incant day I had issues changing gears with the paddle shift. 

What we think of as spares is intended not just in case you lose one, but also in case the packing machine miscounts the number of items added to the bag. And you could easily send one flying into a corner during your initial build. As such it makes sense for the spare to be in an early bag, rather than a late one.

@neohusky I have finished my Chiron and found the problem, the 4L tan axle in the paddle shifter was placed in the opposite way, so that was the reason it did not change the gears.

So now that the Sian is coming out, when do you think the Chiron will retire? The Porsche lasted about 6 months or so after the release of the Chiron. Will the Chiron last until 2021? Or is its retirement upon us?

Sorry to dig out this old thread but i'd ike to know if the Chiron's Owners-Only pack can be seen somewhere without entering the code? I don't want to use it up.

1 hour ago, scooper22 said:

Sorry to dig out this old thread but i'd ike to know if the Chiron's Owners-Only pack can be seen somewhere without entering the code? I don't want to use it up.

You can use the code as many times as you feel like.