Did anyone write down/take pictures of their spare parts after box 1? I was building outside on a table, and it was a bit windy. My spare parts were blown of the table, onto the grass. I’ve found most of them, but I’d like to make sure I did. 

Took the day today to build and stream the 42083 on my youtube.

So far I finished the rear, parts of the chassis with gearbox, suspension and engine.

All I can say is that it's DENSE. I do not know if all the cross reinforcing and multilayered beams are really needed, but so far this part of the chassis is very stiff and solid.

Having said that, I dislike the way designer attached rear brake holders, they are not aligned with the rear hubs and they are attached with friction pins...The whole suspension has friction pins where not needed. And the one place where they could use the friction pins, to hold the springs (black part of 6,5L springs have slightly larger holes) they used frictionless ones...

I am also a bit worried about the 5,5L axles sliding out of the differential when suspension is compressed, I think they could add a few bushes to hold the axles inside and just rely on the 12 tooth gears to hold the axles in place.

Edited by Zerobricks

So I finsihed this model today.

Aestehtics:

The car generally looks very good, most of the details are very well done, but it seems the level of details is not constant, The rear and front parts are perfect examples and contradictions in this regard.

Functionality:

Here's where things get tricky... While the gearbox is a marvek of engineering, it with a combination of the engine produces A LOT of friction, especially in high gears. And yes I made sure all gears are spinning smoothly. My car came with slightly different suspension arms which have a large nodge lenghtwise. They grabbed the 3L friction pins much harder than any other beams, so the friction in the front suspension is very high. Yes the car does not return to the original position, but the suspension does raise some 6mm and that is good enough for me.

Construction:

The model is incredibly dense and stiff. I am not sure if all the cross reinforcments and layers are really needed, have a feeling there is a current trade at work to use more pieces just to bloat the number of parts... IMO the whole model could be optimised to get rid of at least 500 pieces, while keeping the chassis stiff.

Just finished mine a couple of minutes ago. Very fun to build! The only thing I dislike is the hood because I think it would look better with 5x11 big curved panels instead of the 5x7 panels.

Anyone know diameter, in studs, of fake caliper peice. The previous piece, as seen within Porsche and the portal hubs, is 3 studs in diameter. Is the new one 4 studs or is it 5?

Amazon.de is selling the Bugatti Chiron for 274 EUR (26% reduction). I succumbed... My wife will kill me! I guess it will take quite some time for a better offer, so I decided not to wait for it.

On 8/21/2018 at 9:17 PM, WvG_853 said:

Amazon.de is selling the Bugatti Chiron for 274 EUR (26% reduction).

Finally here also better prices - can buy for 285EUR (initial price was 420EUR). Will get one tomorrow ... Wife won't be happy.

9 hours ago, Jurss said:

Finally here also better prices - can buy for 285EUR (initial price was 420EUR). Will get one tomorrow ... Wife won't be happy.

Mine wasn’t either, but my teenage  daughters loved it. They actually build it entirely themselves! :-) I will now order the pieces for the Pimp up my Chiron version so that I will have an excuse to build it myself.

Enjoy!

Although the build is fascinating, extremely dense and challenging at times (yeah!), I still like the looks of the Porsche better, especially in the Pimp up my Porsche version.

On 7/24/2018 at 8:31 AM, LvdH said:

Did anyone write down/take pictures of their spare parts after box 1? I was building outside on a table, and it was a bit windy. My spare parts were blown of the table, onto the grass. I’ve found most of them, but I’d like to make sure I did. 

I'm just at the end of box 1 now. Will check for you tonight. Though I did have to stop because there was an unexpected robber in my set that made off with the yellow liftarm and left their head behind, so my spares count might not be the most reliable.

20180904_092734.jpg

My daughters confronted me shocked when they returned from the supermarket where they had seen the Chiron for the local retail price of 399 EUR. I had to explain I did not pay that much. Still a lot of money ...

When I finished building the Chiron it surprised me that there where so few spare parts...

Hello,
I have a problem with Bugatti Chiron transmission system. When i switch gearbox to higher gears (much more resistance when i try to roll vehicle on whells) engine dont work smooth, with linear progres of pistons, but instead, pistons work look more "impulsish", in addition, i see efect of storage energy in gearbox (maybe twisted shafts) and in clutch gear (white one). On small distanses of rolling, engine working even after I stop a car (energy from twisted shafts and clutch gear was relesed), but on longer distanses clutch gear start sliding, what means i have to high torque on shafts. Problem occure only if drive system is in drive position, on neutral (no transmission of torque to engine) i dont see any problems. In addition, i check gearbox ratio on every gear, and from my measurments, on every next gear i have higher output ratio (cycle of 8 gears in loop). Do you have any idea? I dont feel any resistance on engine when i try to spin its using small black gear on front of it.

Edited by modzelino

2 hours ago, WvG_853 said:

My daughters confronted me shocked when they returned from the supermarket where they had seen the Chiron for the local retail price of 399 EUR. I had to explain I did not pay that much. Still a lot of money ...

One does not simply pay the full MSRP for a 42083, or any other Lego set in that matter.

Spent a lazy Saturday today building this and marvelling at its design. As the youngest child of four I've been fortunate to have had a lot of lego around since I was a wee lad in the late 70's. My parents kept all that lego and passed it on to us when we had kids because none of my siblings did. Lots of classic space sets and so much else.

That sparked me off and I went from buying new stuff for our bairns to collecting and modifying the big technic sets like 8043, before domestic committments took precedence. Then my partner won this in a toystore promotion last week. Just in time for my birthday.

I've followed the reveal and modding threads on here, but even Sariel's videos didn't spoil just how crazy this set is. Can't wait to finish it, pull it apart again and start tinkering.

Don't mean to threadcrap with personal bumf. I just want to give my thanks to Eurobricks, the wonderful community and the utterly astounding talent of its members.

That rump on the Chiron though... hoo boy.

Edited by Fatteh
Megablocks

17 hours ago, Cardboy said:

For those of you in the UK John Lewis now have the Chiron for 25% off at £247.49

Thanks Cardboy, just ordered.  I've been waiting for a decent saving and this will do.  I've been surprised at how limited the availability has been on this Bugatti.  the Porsche was much more widely available when launched in the UK which helped with the discounts.  Just hoping John Lewis packaging keeps the box in better condition than Argos deliveries!    

Got that on my 28th Birthday!

Spent two days building this and now I have a problem.

The centre lever is supposed to make the engine move.

When in the forward position, it doesn't but when in the backward position, it does.

8 minutes ago, BrickWild said:

When in the forward position, it doesn't but when in the backward position, it does.

There's a tonne of lag in the forward gears before the drivetrain actually starts moving the engine. Up to a metre or so of travel. If it still doesn't engage after this, you may have a problem.