Just wait a bit, and prices (both at the LEGO Shop and BrickLink) will surely go down as the elements get used in more sets and therefore produced in greater quantities. This should happen especially with the driving ring extension, as its old counterpart found lots of uses in non-Technic sets.

The new 20t clutch gear (35185) is only euro 0.50 at Bricks&Pieces. I just ordered all new parts, plenty for the coming years.

Edited by Didumos69

I just ordered the 20t gears from Brick and Pieces too. I have to have them now! The Chiron I am more on the fence about...

Edited by Thirdwigg

actually built this with LDD and it was fun. definitely saving up to get the actual set. Going to get the new gear elements first thou and play around with that. 

I was checking B&P regularly later for other new pieces, this is BIG surprise, so early!

Just finished Box 1. Not sure why people are having any issues following the gear box instructions, but my building experience probably makes a big difference.  So far, no major new construction techniques or innovations have presented themselves, but I did learn one new thing- a towball with pin will accept a light saber bar.  I though the frictionless pin and half pin were the only pins that would do this.

The standard black pin accepts a bar too, since the mold was changed a few years back. But indeed, in the past, pins were thicker.

Finally got it here only 2 weeks late. Just finished Box 1 and loving it. Too bad got work tomorrow... can't continue it through the whole night. Gonna do no mod build first like with Porsche and then think about ideas to add.

4 hours ago, AVCampos said:

Just wait a bit, and prices (both at the LEGO Shop and BrickLink) will surely go down as the elements get used in more sets and therefore produced in greater quantities. This should happen especially with the driving ring extension, as its old counterpart found lots of uses in non-Technic sets.

Hopefully.

Usually, the price for B&P is somehow directly related to their weight. The Claas tires cost 5.12€. The Tumbler tires were about 7,50€. A small Mini Sai piece is 0.12€. 

Maybe the driving ring extension is made out of some kind of unobtainum. ;-)

There are already many topics for the Bugatti so I don't want to open a new one - here's my take on the Porsche vs Bugatti topic:

@kbalage Professional work, beautiful compositions! ? ?

Building the 2 cars side by side brings a next level experience. I also like that there is no judgement (in terms of which one is the better) in the end, so everyone concludes according to own impressions. I must say, I like your comparison review the most from the available online selection.

Edited by agrof

Just finished box 3. It's taking me longer than I expected, but loving the process. The rear of it is dreamlike 

@kbalage my compliments for this very interesting and different review. I really enjoyed watching it and admired the professional and slick look of it.

On 6/13/2018 at 5:52 PM, Didumos69 said:

The new 20t clutch gear (35185) is only euro 0.50 at Bricks&Pieces. I just ordered all new parts, plenty for the coming years.

Just done exactly the same thing!

I get my box for 310 euro from official store and I just finished building it. This is really complex and well done model. Minor flaws like shape of a hood (I have changed it with a few parts) and suspension (it does go back from a pressure, but only a ~1,5 studs maybe) but in overall it is a piece of a beauty. Specially the back. I love it. Looks awesome next to the Porsche.

Just now, blondasek said:

I get my box for 310 euro from official store and I just finished building it. This is really complex and well done model. Minor flaws like shape of a hood (I have changed it with a few parts) and suspension (it does go back from a pressure, but only a ~1,5 studs maybe) but in overall it is a piece of a beauty. Specially the back. I love it. Looks awesome next to the Porsche.

Maybe you can share a picture of the changes you made in the MOD topic ...

Sure, I will. Nothing much for now, I only shaped the hood differently and I am figuring out how I want to make the doors.

Just finished building it myself. Loved every second of it. As far as my memory goes I loved the process more than Porsche and the numbered bags made it much, MUCH more convenient and easy to build. Hope in 2 more years we'll get something that will improve it even more. Maybe a Lambo? It's VW too.

Hm, world famous supercar blogger Shmee filmed Lego Chiron

I finished mine last night.  Three dedicated and fascinating building sessions, the first of which was the gearbox and paddle shifting mechanism.  It was an amazing build for me, but then I didn't ever get the Porsche.  Compared to the CLAAS and Extreme Adventure and 42009 Mobile Crane, I am just overwhelmed by the size, complexity and density of the build.  There are some gaps in the paneling, especially up front, but it doesn't bother me at all.  The back end is fantastic, and finishing the beast is completely satisfying.  The dark blue parts are excellent and I hope to be able to get enough for my future creations.

My only worry now is when I try to take it apart.  As I was putting it together, I kept seeing techniques used to intricately put it together to keep all that weight together in a dense space.  There are so many areas that will be difficult to pull apart, yet I know I will want to do that in a month or two.  Has anyone built it and taken it apart already? 

Can someone give me the cliff notes for the issues with this set?

From my understanding the front suspension has too much weight on it, which really doesn't matter to me cause I know how to fix those kinds of things, I'm sure I can easily strengthen the spring itself without too much hassle.

But what about the gearbox? Are the instructions wrong or what's going on there? Something about paying attention to a specific step in the instructions? I understand it can take the engine a bit to engage, whatever, that's fine.