Just now, Dalafik said:

This discussion about shocks malfunction reminds me that the last time we saw 9.5L extra hard shock absorbers was 5 (!) years ago. Something tells me that replacing a pair of common 6.5L ones with one 9.5L wouldn't result in any significant rise of production costs, but alas, not this time (again).

You mean the shocks that now cost a fortune to buy? :laugh:

1 hour ago, Paul Boratko said:

One of the questions that I hope would be asked was why the designer used so many friction pins in the suspension... I was told several times in the past that was not something that TLG would not do...

There is also a gear meshing technique that I was wondering about...

What is this gear meshing technique that you are referring to? In the Bugatti? Or in general?

21 minutes ago, Meatman said:

I didn't add any mods to my Porsche that added any weight at all and my suspension has been bottomed out since I built it. I highly doubt an experienced builder like Sariel made any building errors in the Chiron considering the suspension looks to be fairly straight forward in construction in the instructions that have been posted online.

What I would like to know is If Bugatti was so anal about the functions of the model, then why were they not concerned with having the suspension design at least somewhat similar to the real thing?

Ok, but like I said I will wait for more reviews, because I searched YouTube earlier and found this video which seems to have normal travel at the front (while being slightly compressed in default position). It starts at the 10:15secs mark in the video:

Bad angle on the camera I know, but it does spring back every time and doesn't stay on the floor like in Sariel's video. 

And while Sariel is great builder that does things far beyond me, I have seen reviews of him where he had issues that I didn't have during my build of the same sets. 

Edited by Appie
Fixed link

Does anyone remember the German store that sold the 911 GT3 printed pieces? I'm curious if they're going to do the same with the Chiron but I can't remember what the store was called.

3 minutes ago, Arc07 said:

Does anyone remember the German store that sold the 911 GT3 printed pieces? I'm curious if they're going to do the same with the Chiron but I can't remember what the store was called.

http://www.steindrucker.com/bedruckte-teile-fuer-42056

but i‘m afraid that the parts for the Bugatti will be far more expensive because of their parts selection and amount. 

Edited by Danee

31 minutes ago, Appie said:

Ok, but like I said I will wait for more reviews, because I searched YouTube earlier and found this video which seems to have normal travel at the front (while being slightly compressed in default position). It starts at the 10:15secs mark in the video:

Bad angle on the camera I know, but it does spring back every time and doesn't stay on the floor like in Sariel's video. 

And while Sariel is great builder that does things far beyond me, I have seen reviews of him where he had issues that I didn't have during my build of the same sets. 

It does look like the front suspension works better than in Sariel's video. One other thing that video shows is how flimsy and ugly the front end is. This model almost looks like it was designed by 2 different people.

Now that the set has been officially presented and all the details could be unveiled, I believe all those leakers out there should ask themselves: "was it that much worth it to spoil this for everyone?"

25 minutes ago, Meatman said:

It does look like the front suspension works better than in Sariel's video. One other thing that video shows is how flimsy and ugly the front end is. This model almost looks like it was designed by 2 different people.

Look at this video... 9:32”

The front suspension have some issues. 

11 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

Now that the set has been officially presented and all the details could be unveiled, I believe all those leakers out there should ask themselves: "was it that much worth it to spoil this for everyone?"

+1 :thumbup:

13 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

Can we let this animosity against leakers go? its not like some major plot point or surprising turn from a movie got spoiled, we got to see some pictures early, and if you so much dont want to get "spoiled" (whatever that means in this context), simply avoiding all the chiron threads would have done...

3 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

Can we let this animosity against leakers go? its not like some major plot point or surprising turn from a movie got spoiled, we got to see some pictures early, and if you so much dont want to get "spoiled" (whatever that means in this context), simply avoiding all the chiron threads would have done...

How about those leakers took the time to read the rules here? It was posted over and over again: no leaks, no spoilers, keep the surprise, keep the good bond between EB and the TLG intact. How hard can it be? Sure, post it on Reddit as much as you like. But over here, the rules are quite simple I thought. 

On and off topic at the same time...

If TLG has given us all our own special tile with laser etched code (for sake of argument, let’s call this a “tile-tle” to the car)

has anyone gone in with a code from the 911 they purchased used and seen the exclusive content? Does the Chiron site act the same way? Does it remember the original owner only and not let 2nd hand owners see the content?

Just asking cause I never used my Porsche code that I bought used.

The front chassis is pretty messy. Stacked beams, longer beams than necessary (last 2 holes not used*huh*), etc.
I will buy it anyway, but I'm on the fence.

If I remember correctly it was some posters / desktop wallpapers with the Porsche code ... and if I remember correctly someone used Jim’s code from shots from his review before he used it himself

Well, I just got up, got the tile and tried it. It takes any name plus the code and presents a certificate with that name and posters to d/l. That the 911, I figure Bugatti is the same.

It seems the front suspension sticks to the bottom, could it just be a problem with too tight bushes.

22 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

Obviously everyone has the right to have their opinion, but for me no, I won't let the animosity go. TLG asked everyone with access to a 42083 to refrain from posting details about it online, yet people did anyway. What got spoiled were indeed plot points and surprising turns, like the colour scheme and especially the new gearbox elements.

Plus, that "don't watch the thread to avoid being spoiled" doesn't work for me: I have a 42083 built right behind me for a few days already and I'm finishing writing a review of it. Nothing written here spoiled anything for me, but it sure did for many others who came here looking for legitimate information and news about the set.

2 hours ago, Meatman said:

What is this gear meshing technique that you are referring to? In the Bugatti? Or in general?

@Didumos69 pointed out there's some stressed meshing going on in the engine, I think that's what @Paul Boratko is talking about.

8 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

Obviously everyone has the right to have their opinion, but for me no, I won't let the animosity go. TLG asked everyone with access to a 42083 to refrain from posting details about it online, yet people did anyway. What got spoiled were indeed plot points and surprising turns, like the colour scheme and especially the new gearbox elements.

Plus, that "don't watch the thread to avoid being spoiled" doesn't work for me: I have a 42083 built right behind me for a few days already and I'm finishing writing a review of it. Nothing written here spoiled anything for me, but it sure did for many others who came here looking for legitimate information and news about the set.

Seeing as the leaks ALL propagated from Lego stores, they only have themselves to blame. Same with the UCS Y Wing. AFAIK all the ambassadors respected the embargo (perhaps with one exception) but the stores were doing what they liked.

The main thing no one leaked was the huge and unjustified markup on RRP in our countries and that has certainly spoiled the day for me.

Edited by valenciaeric

@Jim

May you, please, answer the three main questions about the model, in your review?

1) Is there really a problem on the front suspension?

2) Does it have 8+R or 8+8R shifts gear?

3) Are the 8 gears in the right order?

thanks

2 minutes ago, Rikus said:

@Jim

May you, please, answer the three main questions about the model, in your review?

1) Is there really a problem on the front suspension?

2) Does it have 8+R or 8+8R shifts gear?

3) Are the 8 gears in the right order?

thanks

4) What does the white clutch gear do and is it really necessary?

5) Is it easy to put a limiter on the shifter to only allow 8 upchanges or downchanges?

My impressions after seeing it at TLS while buying mine this morning... massive and wide, maybe too wide for its length. But maybe that is just the Veyron proportions influencing my judgement?  Heavy as all get out too, especially if you leave it in the box and then the box in it’s shipping box and put it in a standard yellow Lego Store shopping bag.  It nearly tears through the handles while you carry it back to the car. Sadly here in Phoenix, I was the only one showing up at opening time to buy it. I was hoping for a line of some kind, at least to talk to fellow Technic AFOLs like myself. Nope.

I haven't got a call from my store... either the set isn't there or they forgot me xD I'll try to go and see tomorrow, but damn. I wanted it for the weekend.

Excited about modding it though. Fixing doors, extra work on suspension, maybe central diff if it's needed. 

Edited by Ascius

18 minutes ago, BusterHaus said:

@Didumos69 pointed out there's some stressed meshing going on in the engine, I think that's what @Paul Boratko is talking about.

Actually I was talking about the 20 tooth blue clutch gear and the 24 tooth gear meshing at the shifter... They do not quite mesh all the way... This was something that was pointed out to me in one of my mocs a few years back, and since then I have avoided ever doing that again...

Edited by Paul Boratko