7 minutes ago, Richard Dower said:

the red flex tube on the back should have been trans red

To they have transparent red plastic that bends? I know there's trans-blue like on Falcon, but red?

EDIT: sorry, wasn't up to last page, I see it already answered.

Edited by ibessonov

3 minutes ago, pluisje said:

Are flextubes in transparent colours possible? I thought the plastic used for the transparent parts is too brittle to be used for flexible parts. That might explain why solid red is used on the entire section, als half solid / half trans would look worse than full solid.

The exo-force series had some trans-clear flexible tubes.

Just now, ibessonov said:

To they have transparent red plastic that bends? I know there's trans-blue like on Falcon, but red?

As I said, I bet someone will source something from the Internet to fit that spot, a non lego parts. Maybe a fibre optic part?... Maybe a way to light up the rear light bar ?

1 minute ago, larsi239 said:

Weren't they ribbed? 

1 hour ago, Appie said:

The suspension in the video still has some travel left after being compressed and not returning to its first resting height. Still nothing major imo. It's a problem to me when the scenario happens from @Meatman where his suspension drags on the ground, resulting in zero travel. 

When I first built my Porsche, the suspension worked a little, but over time, it completely lost all of it's spring.

1 minute ago, Meatman said:

When I first built my Porsche, the suspension worked a little, but over time, it completely lost all of it's spring.

Front end is too heavy, lego should have made the front springs extra hard, instead of hard. 

8 minutes ago, pluisje said:

Are flextubes in transparent colours possible? I thought the plastic used for the transparent parts is too brittle to be used for flexible parts. That might explain why solid red is used on the entire section, als half solid / half trans would look worse than full solid.

I don't see why not, they make drinking straws in various transparent colors. It would just have be a different material.

I am wonering how the the rear suspension will hold up over time. Not because of the shocks, but because of all of the weight being supported by a single axle hole on each side. I have a few angled liftarms with cracked axle holes now.

1 hour ago, Appie said:

It's a problem to me when the scenario happens from @Meatman where his suspension drags on the ground, resulting in zero travel. 

IMHO this front suspension in Sariels Video drags in fact on the ground and has more or less zero travel after fully compressing ... so THIS front suspension IS a problem - as that one of the Porsche was too ... 

maybe the shock absorbers have a small stiffness range so the problem occurs not everywhere (i.e.  in all 42056) in the same manifestation but overall the front axle of the Porsche is an inadequate design - how the front axle/suspension should perform is shown by @Didumos69 errata or @jb70 wonderful Porsche pimpup...

and the Bugatti has the same inherent problem.... at least judged by the video... 

I am also wondering how the use of friction pins in the front and rear suspension is affecting them. I thought the use of friction pins like this was frowned upon?

Edited by Meatman

The flex transblue part on the falcon is about 4 times as thick & ribbed, that makes it a lot thougher.

@Meatman I think it's a bit of a strech (and way too expensive) for TLG to introduce a brand new material for a single part in a single set.

8 minutes ago, Meatman said:

Exactly as with mine --> faulty and for the weight inadequate design, no doubt...

if the car should only rest on display then this might not be an issue but if anybody wants to see/demonstrate the technic then this is a busted flush.... 

and because now both UCS technic sets have this mediocre (to use an euphemism) front axle design for me it is a fact: both, Porsche and Bugatti are meant to be displayed on the shelf and ONLY be displayed on the shelf... 

Another argumentation for just a display model: the missing HOG. IMHO a Lego supercar MUST have a hog- to avoid polluting the design the hog could simply be removable, nothing easier than that... the removable hog could be stored under the bonnet e.g.  but as is the Bugatti is quite unsteerable - at least by not childish hands...

i will buy the Bugatti because I'm convinced it has wonderful genes to be not only an awesome beauty but also a well performing and even impressing featured car... but I'm also convinced that the latter one needs some serious mods...

out of the box it is quite unplayable - as the Porsche was too... but: obviously both are not meant to be playable at least not with high priority...

6 minutes ago, larsi239 said:

Hmmm... FYI, there are other Technic parts such as a 1x5 lift arm in Dark Blue. There are more parts then people realise on Bricklink

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?catType=P&catString=137

Edited by Milan
Removed quoted video.

33 minutes ago, larsi239 said:

Those were plastic optical fibres, much more flexible than rigid hoses. I don't know whether this polymer can be dyed without negatively influencing their lifespan.

I have to confess... When I saw the first pictures, it doesn't impress me. 

But now, looking to the model. This Bugatti is really (I thought in the f*** word haha) awesome! 

It is expensive, someone can say... expen...what? 

Lego please just take my money!! Who needs to buy little things like food 

Sariel & the set designer just confirmed in the live build that the taillights are solid red because the flex hose can't be created in trans red.

Just now, pluisje said:

because the flex hose can't be created in trans red

As i understood the designer it was for visual consistency: it has the same colour as the other tail lights

Now definitely want to get at least one of this. I'm curious how big it is in comparison to 42056. I have the same front suspension issues as this with some of my builds that are a bit larger than the porsche and still wondering how to fix it.

I know that this comment will sound weird and maybe out of place, but I feel I have to say it: but I am thinking that my 9-year Bugatti Veyron is still better in most parts that this official Chiron... very sad but true in my opinion

Fails in gearbox and suspension(again!!), and external tool to move the rear spoiler, really TLG?? REALLY?? This is the perfect way to give the MOCers free way to improve it easily.

1 hour ago, Bartybum said:

Hang on but how? From the stickers on the gearboxes on 42082, they all point to the set using the standard red gear selectors. None of the gearboxes appear to be cyclic

IMHO it depends if you have to turn the red tooth or drag it...

3 hours ago, Omikron said:

If you are getting it as a collectible then is 40 euro worth the risk? I mean your package could be damaged during transportation even if it has certain language.

Anyway, the nearest lego shop is 400km far, so I have to buy it online. Is it different if I buy it in the Lego French shop?

18 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

I am thinking that my 9-year Bugatti Veyron is still better in most parts that this official Chiron... very sad but true in my opinion

Fails in gearbox and suspension(again!!), and external tool to move the rear spoiler, really TLG?? REALLY?? This is the perfect way to give the MOCers free way to improve it easily.

Thanks for issuing your personal opinion, man! Why are you sad about it? You can be proud of it :thumbup:. Btw. I agree and disagree. These are different eras with different parts and focuses. Yours is executed best way in that time, no question. However, the overall looks with panels are more realistic and more pleasant to most of the people IMO. The comparison lags at some point.

Why does the gearbox fail in your opinion? At least we can be happy to experiment ourselves with the new parts and "improve" everything.

Suspension of the Chiron: aren´t there 2 hard yellow springs instead of 1 like we have in the Porsche? Still too heavy means on the positive hand good weight distribution between, but shocks being mounted at different angles on the axles. 

I personally even don´t mind if the room for improvements would be given deliberately, after having made peace with the predecessor :laugh:. Take it as a challenge for yourself, I`m sure you did already :wink:!

1 hour ago, ShowsOn said:

Sariel just married the car.

He is moving really fast.  Consummation can not be far off....

I asked on the live Q&A: Got answered!

"How do you chose which car to make? Do you just design until an idea fits?"

They answered:
"Within a 10 year span they chose, it was always going to be the Bugatti."

What a great interview! Thanks Lego!