Anyone know when is this going to be available to non Lego stores? As this time round need to wait till 25-30% price reduction. :blush:

Does anyone know if I buy it in my country instructions will be in my language? Or just English, because in Spain it cost 420€, in France is 40€ less.

Just now, donmerendolo said:

Does anyone know if I buy it in my country instructions will be in my language? Or just English, because in Spain it cost 420€, in France is 40€ less.

Lego instructions have text?

8 minutes ago, Cardboy said:

Anyone know when is this going to be available to non Lego stores? As this time round need to wait till 25-30% price reduction. :blush:

August 1st, price reduction not guaranteed.

Just now, donmerendolo said:

No, but this one has photos and things about the design process.

If you are getting it as a collectible then is 40 euro worth the risk? I mean your package could be damaged during transportation even if it has certain language.

19 minutes ago, donmerendolo said:

As far as I know the instructions are in English & German everywhere, just like the Porsche.

8 minutes ago, Omikron said:

If you are getting it as a collectible then is 40 euro worth the risk? I mean your package could be damaged during transportation even if it has certain language.

I'll have that in account

1 minute ago, pluisje said:

As far as I know the instructions are in English & German everywhere, just like the Porsche.

Thanks!

35 minutes ago, J_C said:

I hope they will be in other sets too.

Guy next to Sariel in livestream mentioned, that it will be also in the crane set

1 minute ago, Jurss said:

Guy next to Sariel in livestream mentioned, that it will be also in the crane set

As i understood it, he hopes that it will be in the crane set.

Damn, this Bugatti set is sooo good looking and the rims are to die for. Although the price is kind of insane, I will probably get this when a discount will pop up. 

5 minutes ago, Jurss said:

Great, thanks for info,, because I am buying the red crane, I am not buying the Chiron

(I like it, but it does very little - because it is car and cars are inherently low on functions - IMO, and I am not interested in fancy box (I would recycle it anyway in paper container) and display value is zero value for me, I build and rebuild and dismantle and build again, I do not use lego as dust colletors :-)  Do not get me wrong, I like it, I really do, but I am just not the right audience to buy it)

These parts on the other hand are brilliant, and I am really looking forward to that 90deg ring, the best new part from Lego in years, total winner for me. 

Edited by J_C

1 hour ago, Kumbbl said:

Disagree... on real life a suspension sags a certain travel when resting. So a wheel can absorb bumps as well as potholes... but in no way a real suspension doesn't come up to its rest state after being fully compressed - and exactly this misbehavior is shown by the front axle in Sariels vid ... well I do not expect a lego suspension to behave as a real suspension but I do expect that it can handle the car weight and is not completely under dimensioned... and exactly this is the Porsche front suspension (and it seems (at least) also the Bugatti one): not able to handle the car weight  and therefore useless...

The suspension in the video still has some travel left after being compressed and not returning to its first resting height. Still nothing major imo. It's a problem to me when the scenario happens from @Meatman where his suspension drags on the ground, resulting in zero travel. 

1 hour ago, TeamThrifty said:

Mmmm.. live build is... under whelming. Probably because building is something you do, not watch. Nothing against the @Sariel at all, its just the concept of watching a build. Vicarious lego? Doesn't work for me.

I've got Sariel's build running in the background while I'm building the Mack Anthem :)

Ide happily have a lazy day watching the live build if I wasn't at work, I always like to watch something whilst sorting Lego bits so will definitely watch later, it's much appreciated :thumbup:

As for sagging front suspension, it should compress a little under its own weight, but this seems a bit excessive. I do wonder if it's built correctly though as you would think the rear of the car would be heavier. But if you want a reference  as to how suspension and steering should feel build the test car from the late 80s. 

I think the spoiler solution is quite clever as a nod to having to use a key to activate it in the real car. As a mod I wonder if it would be possible to add a brake pedal and have the spoiler work by pressing the brake pedal?

So why does the suspension stay extended but not recover from compression?

Too weak springs for the weight I guess, but is friction playing a rol? 

Edited by aol000xw

What I'm curious for right now, is this set already flying off the shelves in the stores, like with the Millennium Falcon or is the demand lower? Someone been to a physical store to pick one up?

49 minutes ago, Jurss said:

Hang on but how? From the stickers on the gearboxes on 42082, they all point to the set using the standard red gear selectors. None of the gearboxes appear to be cyclic

Edited by Bartybum

10 minutes ago, astra said:

What I'm curious for right now, is this set already flying off the shelves in the stores, like with the Millennium Falcon or is the demand lower? Someone been to a physical store to pick one up?

It has not sold out on the Lego web store the Porsche was on back order a few hours after going on sale, this could also be due to the fact that Lego has limited this to one per person Porsche was 5 sets from the start. Also possible lower amounts of product due to unexpected demand and the need to redesign the box close to launch.

3 minutes ago, ShowsOn said:

Sariel just married the car.

Oh I swear  I had some for this ..... oh wait no ... something something wife :tongue:

Edited by Cardboy

With all these new Dark Blue parts it is now possible to build 41999 just from parts. You could even add more dark blue pieces to mod or fill in gaps in 41999.

I won't buy this set, but I will certainly buy parts from it. 

Also... I agree the red flex tube on the back should have been trans red. It might be possible to build this out in all dark blue colour body, or dark azure. 

1 minute ago, Richard Dower said:

[...]

Also... I agree the red flex tube on the back should have been trans red. It might be possible to build this out in all dark blue colour body, or dark azure. 

Are flextubes in transparent colours possible? I thought the plastic used for the transparent parts is too brittle to be used for flexible parts. That might explain why solid red is used on the entire section, als half solid / half trans would look worse than full solid.

Just now, pluisje said:

Are flextubes in transparent colours possible? I thought the plastic used for the transparent parts is too brittle to be used for flexible parts. That might explain why solid red is used on the entire section, als half solid / half trans would look worse than full solid.

Sariel did say it might not be possible to manufacture a trans red flex tube, I wonder if any exist?... Like non lego parts? 

Have a feeling someone will find something to mod there?

2 minutes ago, pluisje said:

I do think it was possible, but it would have been a different part not the same flex tube. I remember in old days there were Bionicle sets with combo flex and stiff pieces like this 50934pb01