12 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

I had the same feeling until I got too much involved myself. I even complained about so many new set threads a few weeks ago. It will pass.

I hope so. 

Edit: removed by Jim

Edited by Jim
Clone brand

List of wishes for a review (Chiron vs Porsche)

• Side by side pictures (top, front, back, sides. and underside)
  • Weight of each car
  • Chassis stiffness
  • Turn ratio comparison
  • Suspension travel 
  • Gearbox reliability 
  • Detailed comparison of rims with deepness measurements
  • Testing of brake discs on Porsche

From what I've seen, the paddle shifter has much in common with this. It uses a 24t gear with parts inserted into the 4 holes instead of a knob wheel. Apparently TLG also managed to make it so tight, that it doesn't need a 90-degree limiter like in this video. Hopefully the new orange selector pieces have been made such that there are short moments of zero engaged driving rings during shifts, instead of short moments of double engaged driving rings, which was the case in the Porsche.

Edited by Didumos69

Just now, Didumos69 said:

From what I've seen, the paddle shifter has much in common with this. It uses a 24t gear with parts inserted into the 4 holes instead of a knob wheel.

Maybe this will help you ...

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

... and more pictures ...

41 minutes ago, Meatman said:

I had seen that picture on Facebook. Why is Lego selling the set days early if they don't want images getting leaked out? *huh*

Legoland is NOT owned by TLG.

It’s not an official brand store.

14 minutes ago, AndroTech said:

Maybe this will help you ...

... and more pictures ...

That's what I meant. Shifting is going to require a.lot of force with such a small moment of force.

23 minutes ago, aol000xw said:

• Weight of each car
  • Chassis stiffness
  • Turn ratio comparison
  • Suspension travel 
  • Gearbox reliability 

Related to your gearbox reliability question is the most important question to me: do all the functions work out of the box? The 24T white clutch gear in the part list has me scared.

Wait, do you have to take the wheel off in order to use that key thing to work the spoiler? If so, that really sucks. :hmpf_bad:

7 minutes ago, Jim said:

Legoland is NOT owned by TLG.

It’s not an official brand store.

Well you would think that anyone that is carrying exclusive products by Lego would at least be on the same page. I had also heard rumors that Lego stores at various locations all over the world were selling the set early as well.

2 minutes ago, Appie said:

Nah, went behind the wheel in the removed video.

Good. It would seem silly if you had to take off the wheel every time you wanted to play with the spoiler. :laugh:

The new mechanism for changing gears doesn't quite look as intriguing as the Porsche. :sceptic:

Edited by Meatman

43 minutes ago, aol000xw said:

• Weight of each car
  • Chassis stiffness
  • Turn ratio comparison
  • Suspension travel 
  • Gearbox reliability 

For me the most interesting question is the biggest pitfall of the Porsche: does front suspension comes up again after pressing down? imho the Front suspension of the Porsche was way to Weak and/or has wrong geometry and so was a faulty engineering and a well done front suspension which is at least able to handle the weight of the car is a MUST have.... 

second is realiable gear switching and a pushable car also in gear 1...

All other stuff is peanuts  ... ;)

Edited by Kumbbl

23 minutes ago, Appie said:

The 24T white clutch gear in the part list has me scared.

The blue clutch gears used to brace the diffs better and the geared down gearbox have me scared as well.

1 minute ago, Didumos69 said:

The blue clutch gears used to brace the diffs better and the geared down gearbox have me scared as well.

If the gearbox work at least out of the box cause of the down gearing Then this would be fine for me...

imho not the best but nevertheless a valid approach to make a gearbox-layout working... 

So boxes match just in one dimension :sceptic: I was hoping for just a differece in height.

Yeah  well I care, I'm that weird.

Unexpectedly I like the blue rim... a lot

A question for everyone. How do you feel about the stickers?

A print/sticker of some kind is obviously needed to represent the shape of the door and dash amongst other things.

Printed pieces - more “quality” look but may be difficult to print on some pieces

Stickers - means you don’t have to apply them and so can use the parts for other models. Also means parts that aren’t in Lego’s standard printed piece set can have images on

10 minutes ago, technic_addict said:

Does anyone know US and Canadian pricing yet?

It was $350 USD in Florida. I have hears $400 CAD. But could be wrong here. 

Just now, LvdH said:

It was $350 USD in Florida. I have hears $400 CAD. But could be wrong here. 

At today's exchange rate it's probably closer to $450.  We'll find out tomorrow.

For some reason I'm reminded of the old car sales slogan, "If you have to ask, you can't afford it."

7 minutes ago, BusterHaus said:

At today's exchange rate it's probably closer to $450.  We'll find out tomorrow.

For some reason I'm reminded of the old car sales slogan, "If you have to ask, you can't afford it."

Why is that?

Just now, technic_addict said:

Why is that?

Sorry, this wasn't a dig at your wallet.  I simply meant that the price of this set that puts in the no-buy the category for me.  The "affordability" is more related to premium building experience that includes fancy packaging and an instruction book with beautiful photos and car history.  I know that the set will be expensive, and as I don't care about the premium experience, this makes the set un-affordable to me, so I shouldn't be asking about the price. 

21 minutes ago, BusterHaus said:

Well that is especially true for the real world Bugatti, for most people the only chance to own a Bugatti will be a miniature or now also a LEGO version I'm afraid. Near Harrods in London (close to Knightsbridge metro station) is a Bugatti store and they also show one in Autostadt / Wolfsburg, very nice cars, but even for a lot of the rich just a step too far. Everything is build by hand.  

The set turns out to be more mechanically interesting than I thought. The leak surely pushed me from maybe to definitely. The only thing left to do is to wait until this time next year for massive discount.