It seems to happen with everything now, even if you are not looking for it.  Back in the day with like RC models etc or games we had to wait until see any news in magazines etc or actually at the store.  Lego new sets would only ever be seen when actually in the store!  Whilst its great to be able to find anything instantly, I do think for me personally its almost like to much information is to hand easily.  To much knowledge in some ways and now I find I have to many hobbies in some ways lol.

On the tamiya forum, an un-booking and showing features vid was posted, but hosted on FB.  It does look really good in the vid, the key to raise/lower spoiler is neat.

Edited by lee1980

Looks like I was right with the Key :D

But holy crap it looks even better. I honestly need the next 24 hours to go by so I can purchase this ( Eastern Standard Time). What a set. 

20 minutes ago, Jay Psi said:

[...]

Back on topic somewhat - Was there a unique number on the Porsche? I'd normally wait for a cheaper price, but I'm a little worried that this will fly off the shelves.

Yup, the Porsche has a unique number as well. I'm hoping The Chiron will get the same huge markdowns :)

I just found a leaked video on youtube, so I went on [/quote] with Lego and reported it. On a side note the Lego [/quote] agents are extremely friendly and a lot of fun to chat with!

Obviously I will not disclose anything I saw in the video.

Edited by Elliottc

Ok, managed to sleep through the leaked content... so now I have to listen to a description of it in every post? Looks like I will have to do something else for the rest of today besides checking EB forum. Need to go grab a place in line at the old Lego Store anyways... 

4 minutes ago, pluisje said:

Yup, the Porsche has a unique number as well. I'm hoping The Chiron will get the same huge markdowns :)

That's what I get for not opening my Porsche yet ... thanks.

The reductions should be a bit larger, given that the MSRP is likely to be a lot higher. At least that's how I'm going to convince myself that spending £200+ on a set for the first time ever is a good deal!

Edited by Jay Psi

I did think with Porsche because of the number plate it be limited, as I thought that was the whole point of it, but it must be over a year since I got my Porsche reduced and its still on sale!

The LEGO Group originated this mass leak by not only shipping the product to stores but allowing them to be sold. I'm excited for the reviews, the various mods that improve it, and MOC's built using the new pieces. That is all that matters. This cat was well out of the bag by what is the internet equivalent of a years' time and I imagine LEGO are quite miffed indeed. The sets should have been shipped to stores a week after the unveiling, simple as that.

Back on topic, I must say that I love the inclusion of the key feature. A very nice touch.

So the gear box would be 7+R speed, or just 8 speed? It seems there wasn't enough space for the gear lever move backwards.

Well part of me hopes its 8+R and that the R just takes gear one and reverses it but I don't think it'll be that. I think there is space for 3 positions (D N R)

Edit: Realized that the real car is a 7 speed DCT and not an 8 speed so 7+R seems perfect. 

Edited by SheldonF

22 minutes ago, ttoobbyy said:

So the gear box would be 7+R speed, or just 8 speed? It seems there wasn't enough space for the gear lever move backwards.

Reasoning from the available images, the gearbox is an 8-speed gearbox. It is most likely that a DNR-gearbox is also present.

Well got to admit, that I am really underwhelmed by the whole Chiron thing. Possibly because it is such an ugly car, I definitely won't be buying it. 

Excitement is building in me for the reveal. I'll be at work, need to find a place to hide with good WiFi! Yes sir I'm really looking forward to it!

45 minutes ago, Jim said:

Okay, let’s get back on topic of the actual set/model.

It's hard to talk about something that we are not supposed to have seen ;-)

Gear shifting is amazing. I hope someone will make a new gearbox for the Porsche...

So the reveal is 3pm Europe time tomorrow? Is that when it’s going to become available online? I’m travelling in Ireland at the moment so hoping to get online tomorrow late afternoon and order one.

i think it’s a real shame about all the leaks, especially as they have invited a very diverse audience for the unveiling including some motoring journalists (shmee150 is rumoured to be going). I think they’ll try and improve this for the next one in the series.

i haven’t watched the video, but I’ve seen the pics that surfaced a couple of days back.

so the question is when I build the Porsche do I build it in the original Lego condition (with the gears swapped) or do I include the mild Eurobricks upgrade kit that was 15-20 parts I think that I have waiting next to the Porsche model?

Speaking of "Leaks", Legoland Florida has had the set for sale on their shelves since yesterday...

They must have not gotten the memo...

24 minutes ago, fred-eric said:

It's hard to talk about something that we are not supposed to have seen ;-)

You can talk all you want :laugh: 

Ok thanks so 8am for me then, ok it’s a before breakfast watch and order of the set then :)

4 minutes ago, Seasider said:

Ok thanks so 8am for me then, ok it’s a before breakfast watch and order of the set then :)

Reveal then live build stream so you can have a long breakfast!

My worst fears are it is an 8speed box in forward and reverse with no shift limiter, as was the Porsche before community mods fixed it.

I'll probably squeeze a red 4L differential in to add to the color vomit and so it has a centre differential.

I think color vomit for the mechanisms is cool in a way, for example the blues reds yellows, blacks and grays of the 42070.

It makes it look more advanced in a lego-y sort of way, where as all gray looks more like metal metal and more metal.

Just spoken to my local UK Lego Store. Definitely on sale when the store opens tomorrow and they've had lots of calls today about it.

I think Im going to have an early morning.....

1 minute ago, Angry Warlock said:

Just spoken to my local UK Lego Store. Definitely on sale when the store opens tomorrow

Is it available online from june 1st? or in stores only. I have a VIP card.

Edited by SNIPE

I'm going right as the store opens. Saturn V Sold out at my closest store on Day 1 within 3 hours. I think this will be similar.

Anyone else thinking of how to make this into a Vision GT model or colour switch?  

4 minutes ago, SNIPE said:

Is it available online from june 1st? or in stores only. I have a VIP card.

I didnt ask - Im not taking a chance on the Lego Day 1 Random Online Ordering System (c).

I'll be outside the shop by 8am.

Hmmm, Then again, the Y-Wing went on sale at midnight, maybe I will take a sneeky peak !

Edited by Angry Warlock