There has to be a seperate reverse gear selector, as there is another driving ring, and looking at the BOM there's a regular changeover catch. Looking at this photo if you zoom in on the center console, you can see some red parts, that would suggest the changeover catch, and more 16z clutch gears, and you can see one of the white 3L connectors. considering how low that sits in the chassis, it would make sense that that would function to either reverse the direction of the transmission, like in the Porsche. Also maybe the gray connector with axle in front  behind the black tiles could be a selector for the transmission, as there appears to be some space behind it, and that could easily function as a indexer for an sequential transmission. 

Another thought, after looking at the chassis some more, it would make the most sense that the W16 was driven off of the 20z clutch, as looking at the 2 blue connectors on the sides near the shock mounts, this would function well for affixing the motor seen in this still from the early teaser, also we may now know the location of the clutch gear is in the transmission ( it could also be an early prototype of the new 20z clutch), though this may have changed greatly since the teaser. Though after looking over the U style structure of routing power through the transmission this would make sense, as there is a lot of gears that are being driven.  Also another interesting feature to note is the axle that is visible above the differential. It appears the shock mounts, and frontal geometry appear to be the same as in the set too.

800x533.jpg

800x337.jpg

Edited by Tommy Styrvoky

10 hours ago, Meatman said:

The 8 tooth gear is centered. The 24 tooth gear is not and meshes with the 8 tooth gear it on the side. They also probably geared it down like this to help with the friction in 1st gear. So when it's pushed along, it's already dropped 1:3 before the gearbox.

That makes sense. Also after @ibessonov's remark on 'no gears sticking out at the bottom', I think you're right. Altogether, I mean with the included 24t slip gear, the extra blue 20 clutch gears around the diffs and the gearing down, I do fear a lot of friction in the entire drivetrain.

Just for my understanding, if the gearbox and reverse are routed the way you think, is the gearbox then completely unengaged in reverse or is it one big idler-system. I'm somehow hoping for the first, because then you could at least play with this model in reverse without too much friction.

Just to check if I understand you correctly: So the axle with the small 8t gear is used to directly route 'reverse' from DNR to the differentials and 'drive' is routed via the gearbox (and eventually the 8t gear) to that very same axle. I was somehow hoping the gearbox would be completely unengaged in reverse, so not even idle, but simply doing nothing, because then you could at least play with this model in reverse without too much friction.

8 hours ago, therealjustin said:

Actually, looking at the 1:1 key that is included I wonder if that gets inserted somewhere and turning it raises and lowers the rear spoiler. Hmm...

I think there are no paddle shifters, but only a HoG shifter that simply rotates the gear selector axles. The key is the HoG.

Edited by Didumos69

It seems like it's already on the shelves in Legoland Florida... $350 USD. No wonder there's pictures all over the place if stores put it on the shelf before the release date :grin:

That way of raising the spoiler looks funny :laugh: Poke a random hole or sth.

The paddle shifter looks neat!

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

3 minutes ago, ibessonov said:

Alright, how did that leaked? BZPower have their agent in LEGO?

I dont know. There is also a reveal and a designer video on this channel

This must be depressing for Lego they were so close to no leaks then boom I hope they at least have a new vid for tomorrow :blush:

Also at 0:12 they could have put some bushes in there to hold the con rods in palce

So no HoG steering.

5 minutes ago, jonny789 said:

Ah, the steering again - what turning radius will that be, 20 metres?

What do you expect with 4WD? The CV-joints have a max angle of 20 degrees, and so does the steering.

Edited by Didumos69

Another question about steering - will the pivot point be in center of the wheel? Or there is still small offset like it was in Porsche?

Just now, Domi said:

All videos are deleted now.

Someone at BZP will be punished today :classic: This was a fast removal!

I managed to save the video, uploaded to Singapore Technic on FB :thumbup:

I'm very impressed with this set, and that is something I could not say about the Porsche after the first reveal video. The Chiron is quite something.

Edited by therealjustin

Just now, therealjustin said:

I managed to save the video...but where to host?

I'm very impressed with this set, and that is something I could not say about the Porsche after the first reveal video. The Chiron is quite something.

host it on box.com and you can PM me the link ;)

Just now, therealjustin said:

I managed to save the video...but where to host?

Please do not publish it. I know everyone wants to see it but it's literally one day to reveal. We should respect LEGO and not spread it.

Just now, Domi said:

I want to know from where they got the video

You know who probably also want to know this? :laugh: (TLG and Bugatti)

12 minutes ago, therealjustin said:

I managed to save the video, uploaded to Singapore Technic on FB :thumbup:

Don't.