6 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

Or maybe the 20 tooth idler gear has no function and is there to give us one more gear extra.

Makes sense and seems likely. When I first saw that photo I was like what the heck is that for. It seems like it is in a “useless” spot but we won’t know for certain till Friday

6 minutes ago, JunkstyleGio said:

I kind of like the colors of the Chiron..

Even on the Porsche they look good

No kidding. :wub:

Edited by Milan
Let's not quote pics from a previous post.

1 hour ago, Meatman said:

See that 8 tooth gear? That is what connects to the gearbox and the axle that runs forward from it with the new light blue gray 3L connectors connects to the shifter and front wheel axle. You can see in one of the other pictures that you have on your bricksafe folder that there is a 24 tooth gear from the gearbox that will mesh with that 8 tooth gear. And there will be an output from the gearbox that will also connect to the shifter and then somewhere from the shifter it will transfer the selected motion back to the engine.

That 24t gear visible at one side of the gearbox is not centered and does not seem to mesh with the 8t gear.

1 hour ago, ibessonov said:

Thank you for explaining! Sorry, probably I couldn't explain myself correctly =)

What I meant is that enge of 12z gear will be half a stud lower then car's bottom. I find this technique very unlikely, but of course it is possible. I would use such approach in MOCs if I had to, but LEGO designers are more restricted on what is allowed.

I get it now, thanks! That might indeed be outside TLG guidelines.

That's a really nice way to compare the two, @JunkstyleGio! To be honest, I have found orange to be much of a "screamy" color anyways, which makes any gaps very obvious. That's the advantage of a darker color - it hides gaps better. In any case, I think I would have been more likely to buy your dual-blue Porsche than the official orange one. I'm really happy with the colors TLC chose for the Chiron - they are unusual colors, and every set I buy will turn out to be a parts pack anyway, so I'm glad to know that with this purchase I will be expanding my collection of two interesting colors.

2 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

That's a really nice way to compare the two, @JunkstyleGio! To be honest, I have found orange to be much of a "screamy" color anyways, which makes any gaps very obvious.

Yeah. It's fine for arctic exploration vehicles, but for super cars... maybe not so much.

6 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

every set I buy will turn out to be a parts pack anyway

It is so hard to find parts pack for dark blue besides Chiron. There's the boat and basically that's it :) I believe that in 2019 we'll see some major set in this color! At least it would be reasonable.

Dark Azure is not an issue and that's a good thing.

Edited by ibessonov

Just now, ibessonov said:

It is so hard to find parts pack for dark blue besides Chiron. There's the boat and basically that's it :) I believe that in 2019 we'll se some major set in this color! At least it would be reasonable.

Don't forget the Exclusive Edition Crawler... although that's probably a bit hard to come by.

That render is very interesting.  Thanks @JunkstyleGio!

It really shows how much the color scheme changes our perception of gaps and lines.  The only awkward part to me is the dash with the tan suddenly turning to black, and yet that's my current issue with the Chiron.  I'm not a fan of the big obvious stickers used on the top of the dash and I probably won't be applying them.

I don’t get why people are moaning about the colour combo. Two tone blue is classic Bugatti. As to the rims they’re meant to represent the ones on the actual car that come in blue and not black. I’d be moaning if they weren’t blue.

Its kind of like doing a Ferrari in red, it just is.

i like the idea of the full size key mock-up. I wonder if it operates the wing, if I remember correctly on the veyron the drivers key was used to lock the wing down if you wanted to achieve Vmax (as it creates too much drag).

as to the luggage it fits in the nose storage area (frunk as they’re called) and was designed by Armani, so I do get including this as it’s part of the whole Bugatti ownership experience. The McLaren F1 used to have a bespoke luggage set for its storage areas too just to prove it’s not unusual in supercars

also I think the stickers do a very good job for the interior. It would be nice for more printed parts but capturing the detail of the door trim and the Instrument Panel with the tan and the black were obviously important. Especially for a car where the interior style is as important as the exterior

Edited by Seasider

Yeah, but who in their right mind right now is thinking of opening their misb LE Crawler just for the dark blue parts? Anyone? When it’s value drops from $350+ to $150+ just by opening the box, One tends to let it age like fine wine. I would rather buy 2 Chirons and build one and harvest the other for parts, or better still wait and get my 2nd Chiron from some non-Lego maniac dumping it at a discount used. There will be plenty of those come a year from now.

18 minutes ago, Bublehead said:

Yeah, but who in their right mind right now is thinking of opening their misb LE Crawler just for the dark blue parts? Anyone? When it’s value drops from $350+ to $150+ just by opening the box, One tends to let it age like fine wine. I would rather buy 2 Chirons and build one and harvest the other for parts, or better still wait and get my 2nd Chiron from some non-Lego maniac dumping it at a discount used. There will be plenty of those come a year from now.

I guess Rebrickable will be lagging when the set is uploaded as everyone looks to see the cheapest way to get the most parts! Obviously, the exclusive parts are going to be hard to come by for some time but the Ocean Explorer, Rally Car  are  low cost ways of getting the panels.

Porsche owners may also want to compare the parts from that and see how hard it is to make an orange version.

Edited by valenciaeric

17 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Don't forget the Exclusive Edition Crawler...

Yes, that one. I'll never buy it for obvious reasons :laugh:

Keep in mind that the jet (42066) is another kind of blue though. Dark azure, which the Chiron uses, is in the rally car 42077 and the 6x6 tow truck 42070.

I figure the rims, orange reciprocating catch, and.the blue 20z clutch gear will be in the $10+ dollar range initially until they come out in another set.

3 minutes ago, Bublehead said:

I figure the rims, orange reciprocating catch, and.the blue 20z clutch gear will be in the $10+ dollar range initially until they come out in another set.

We may not have tow wait long - 42082 should make us of some of them.

5 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

Keep in mind that the jet (42066) is another kind of blue though. Dark azure, which the Chiron uses, is in the rally car 42077 and the 6x6 tow truck 42070.

Yeah, my bad! 42070 is definitely not a cheap way of getting panels...

4 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

We may not have tow wait long - 42082 should make us of some of them.

Nope.

1 hour ago, Didumos69 said:

That 24t gear visible at one side of the gearbox is not centered and does not seem to mesh with the 8t gear.

The 8 tooth gear is centered. The 24 tooth gear is not and meshes with the 8 tooth gear it on the side. They also probably geared it down like this to help with the friction in 1st gear. So when it's pushed along, it's already dropped 1:3 before the gearbox.

Edited by Meatman

48 minutes ago, Anio said:

Nope.

Someone is making pretty bold remarks about 42082. This and the comment  about the "bearings" supporting the turntable (on the 42082 thread).  Me thinks someone has either a copy or seen it very close up in person :wink: 

Just now, bekesizoltan said:

Could someone please list the functions of the model? I was not able to find a list of functions in this forum.

Many Thanks!

It has gearbox with speed shifting, engine, doors, steering, and front trunk

Edited by Omikron

And working rear spoiler / air brake. We know it moves, just not sure how yet :laugh:

Actually, looking at the 1:1 key that is included I wonder if that gets inserted somewhere and turning it raises and lowers the rear spoiler. Hmm...

Edited by therealjustin