1 minute ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Am I the only one who thinks that the grey pipe should be extended to represent the whole C curve on the side?

Printed "Stickered" extension is part of doors and opens with them, there can't be continuity here.

Edited by ibessonov

I still think the front end and particularly the bonnet are the weakest sides. Many gaps there that could have been filled more gracefully. I wonder how long the live build will last?

Just now, ibessonov said:

Printed extension is part of doors and opens with them, there can't be continuity here.

How about another pipe instead of printed tile

The grey tool you can see in the instructions next to the bag is the car key in scale to a real life chiron.

(got intel from my lego store)

Edited by Bartelas

4 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

How about another pipe instead of printed tile

Would be good! Sure there's a reason for current solution.

2 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

Uwe Wabra must be pretty annoyed

Must be... What if that instruction didn't have the error? Would we appreciate his gearbox more? To be honest I think that design was pretty good considering limitation in size.

11 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

Uwe Wabra must be pretty annoyed he had to make do with existing parts for his Porsche gearbox and all the criticism taken for it!

Maybe :sweet: but it is more challenging to realize such functions with existing parts instead of create new parts to make things easier. Nevertheles, it's nice to see the evolution and i'm very happy with these new parts and the new possibilities we'll get with them :thumbup:

Edited by Danee

Ugh, stickers. :thumbdown: I know many of us droned on about this when the Porsche was released but come on! A $350+ set with hardly any printed pieces? At the very least the front Bugatti and rear EB badges should be printed, as well as the door trim pieces that complete the "C" shape. Very disappointing to say the least. Things like gauges, dash elements and door handles I can understand though. If I were Bugatti I would have demanded a printed logo to make sure my brand were a permanent fixture in LEGO.

Edited by therealjustin

There is a whole ton of new parts in this set, and I'm thinking they were fairly expensive to produce. Isn't this what got TLG into trouble in the first place? At least the Porsche used existing elements, or elements that were subsequently included in a few other sets. Unless these gears and driving ring extensions appear elsewhere, this looks like a dodgy move.

On the bright side, the Chiron looks better than the Porsche in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Having at least 4 different colors besides black certainly helps!

6 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

There is a whole ton of new parts in this set, and I'm thinking they were fairly expensive to produce. Isn't this what got TLG into trouble in the first place? At least the Porsche used existing elements, or elements that were subsequently included in a few other sets. Unless these gears and driving ring extensions appear elsewhere, this looks like a dodgy move.

There is only few new parts and we will see them in a lot of future sets, the only part that is not "universal" is new wheel hub with brake disc, but I guess it will re-appear in future car. There is quite a lot of reclors, but they are cheap to make nowadays, not like in 00's. Beside that there was a big shortage of new parts in technic range through whole 2017 and first half of 2018 so I guess they kept the budget low in order to come with some new parts later.

Only I'm disappointed this bucket of plastic do not have any PF?

19 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

I count 6 new parts for the Bugatti. The Porsche introduced the 7x3 panel, 11 length axle, new front hub holder, fenders and tyres and the red driving ring for the sequential box, which have all appeared on other sets since then. It also had exclusive rims so that´s 7 new parts IIRC.

Edited by valenciaeric

Just now, Aleh said:

You should be the only one. Who would expect this set to have PF?

Just now, Aleh said:

Maybe they are saving that for the next one when PF 2.0 is already on the market.

Now we have a proper gearbox and AWD, the next supercar will have to bring something extra to the table.

1 minute ago, valenciaeric said:

Maybe they are saving that for the next one when PF 2.0 is already on the market.

Now we have a proper gearbox and AWD, the next supercar will have to bring something extra to the table.

In 2020 maybe we'll have a 6 wheeler super car with AWD and a central differential.

.... wait we got that in 2017 already 

3 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

You should be the only one. Who would expect this set to have PF?

About Porsche everybody expected PFs. Car of such price must drive at least.

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

In 2020 maybe we'll have a 6 wheeler super car with AWD and a central differential.

.... wait we got that in 2017 already 

Post of the day!

so where does the gearbox sit.. under the engine? Seems that would be too high.. its a big lump of an engine.

I'm not a supercar nut, but this looks a great effort by TLG. Looks good and has plenty going on inside.. 8(?) speed gearbox, AWD, new gearbox pieces. All in all, they've done good. 

3 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

The Tyrrell P34 didn't have AWD, did it?

Wow the parts pack is INCREDIBLE. And the design and functions are again, INCREDIBLE. I'd also like to talk about the box and twin booklets - INCREDIBLE.

50 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

Yes, it´s a half length driving ring extension for the modern system. Let´s hope it shows up in 42082 and other cheaper models.

Thanks

36 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

Uwe Wabra must be pretty annoyed he had to make do with existing parts for his Porsche gearbox and all the criticism taken for it!

This and your own reply afterwards.

9 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

I count 6 new parts for the Bugatti. The Porsche introduced the 7x3 panel, 11 length rod, new front hub holder, fenders and tyres and the red driving ring for the sequential box, which have all appeared on other sets since then. It also had exclusive rims so that´s 7 new parts IIRC.

If my memory is correct, back in 2016 that 42056 Porsche also introduces the "Technic, Axle Connector 3L (that red driving ring that you said) that has now appear in many other 2017-2018 sets and that part actually shaped sequential gearbox design by MOCers in this forum 2016-2018, so actually Uwe did use something new for his Porsche gearbox design.

We don't yet have a proper gearbox in the sense of being like real life as it would require many more new parts to achieve, but we do have an excellent step in the right direction towards that and I can't wait to get the Chiron because of it. I'm already thinking of insanely compact sequential 4 speed gearbox for a motorbike, think I can use the new disk brakes for it as well and that's what I really like. New parts that excite my imagination with new possibilities ?

Edited by allanp