11 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Just saw some photos on Reddit of the fully built Chiron. The front may not be 100% accurate but the whole build still looks amazing

I wonder how many Oreos they ate during the build!

Looks like a standard forward/reverse switch in the cabin. I guess the 7 gears is then done via paddles on the steering wheel. Hopefully not functional for reverse... Yellow suspension in the front like the rear (2 springs per side as expected).

Looks like 3 crankshafts confirmed (there's 9 tan crank offset pieces and 6 yellow crank pieces).

Really nice panelling at the rear. Less well done at the front - seems possibility for improvement there I think.

I don't like the use of stickers to sculpt the tan "leather" on the dash, but that would have been hard to do otherwise I guess! Otherwise sticker use seems very restrained.

Edited by JonathanM

56 minutes ago, eric87 said:

There is one for sale on eBay .   Only $900buy it now 

Price gouging at its finest.  Estimated arrival date to my part of the USA is June 11 and judging by pictures included for the auction the seller does not even have the set in hand.  Hopefully all potential bidders will realize that they can pick one up for MSRP at their local Lego store or on-line beginning June 1.

I just got some new pictures of the real model and HOLY JEEZ, I think I'm going to get it.

The rims are actually a dark blue with white printing on it, and the hubs with brake disks really are a replacement for these.

1 hour ago, letsbuild said:

The rims are actually a dark blue

I didn’t believe you first but damn you’re right. That’s crazy.

That being said, the MOCability is gonna be badly affected if anyone wants to make it in a different colour scheme not involving dark blue :(

1 hour ago, Friscorays said:

Price gouging at its finest.

I like to think about it this way. This sort of price gouging is fine because anyone who’s gonna spend that kinda money on a set without looking elsewhere is almost always the kind of person who doesn’t care and can afford to be gouged. And because the ratio of sets that end up being sold as gouges to sets that end up being sold normally is so small, it doesn’t affect the larger market.

Edited by Bartybum

23 minutes ago, letsbuild said:

I just got some new pictures of the real model and HOLY JEEZ, I think I'm going to get it.

The rims are actually a dark blue with white printing on it, and the hubs with brake disks really are a replacement for these.

What color did they use on the front ?

I just noticed something in this threads very first post:

'2x5 panel in LBG'.

Don't you mean 3x5? or is this a new part all together?

Regards, Snipe

3 hours ago, eric87 said:

What color did they use on the front ?

I can't answer that correctly, as I'm not really up to speed with all the blues available. Sorry.

Edited by letsbuild
Slippery finger...

Every Bugatti Chiron has again a unique serilal number.

And a small bag in the front trunk.

Edited by tripletschiee

54 minutes ago, LvdH said:

LEGO has got to be pissed right now... Even more leaks :cry_sad: 

It’s into the wild now. People having built the model already :P

I don’t think we need to be that strict about linking/posting pics we find on Facebook etc. I mean...damage is done and the pics aren’t leaks.

11 hours ago, Meatman said:

Why would that indicate reverse? Maybe that is a new driving extension that does something that the old one does not? It looks thicker width wise than the older style.

The driving ring extension is often used to avoid two clutch gears on parallel driving rings from engaging directly, which is necessary to add an extra gear for reverse. But this gearbox is so different, I wouldn't want to draw real conclusions from the presence of a driving ring extension.

13 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

Yes, I think you're right. I think the gearboxes are so-to-say, "in series"; in that drive goes through the first gearbox (1 driving ring; 2 speeds), and then through the second gearbox (2 driving rings; 4 speeds). What I speculate, is the following:

• Orange selector 1 drives driving rear A and B. These are coupled and at 90 degree offset, so exactly one of A and B is engaged; the other is neutral.
  • Orange selector 2 drives driving ring C. This one will always need to be engaged to have a link between engine and wheels. if C is neutral, the car is in gear N.

Driving ring C is only switched between gears 4 and 5. This results in the following possible combinations:

• A left; B neutral; C left - gear 1
  • A neutral; B left; C left - gear 2
  • A right; B neutral; C left - gear 3
  • A neutral; B right; C left - gear 4
  • A left; B neutral; C right - gear 5
  • A neutral; B left; C right - gear 6
  • A right; B neutral; C right - gear 7
  • A neutral; B right; C right - gear 8

That's how I think things will work. It could of course be that C is the least-signiticant bit instead of the most-significant bit, but this, I think, is the principle. Hopefully, one of these 8 gears will be the reverse. How this would work, I have no idea. But there are people much more acquainted with gearboxes than I am, so maybe someone else could speculate on that.

This is, of course, given the speculation that there are 3 driving rings. Maybe there's a fourth, to handle the Forward/Neutral/Reverse switching.

800x450.jpg800x450.jpg

(If I understand @Jim correctly, this is allowed now)

@Erik Leppen, I think most of your conclusions are right. One thing though: Going by the knob wheels in the gearbox image, I conclude the gearbox in the foreground of the image (background of the instructions image) is the one with 90-degree steps and thus the 4-speed gearbox you are speaking of. That would also mean there has to be a 4th driving ring (which is also confirmed by the 5 driving rings on the parts list). So the gearbox in the background of the image (foreground of the instructions image) is the 2-speed gearbox you are speaking of and the image shows this one has also 2 driving rings. Now what I think, is that in this 2-speed gearbox each driving ring have different speeds, but the clutch gears at each side of the driving rings result in the same speed. In other words, it doesn't matter which clutch gear a driving ring engages, if it engages a clutch gear, it will always give the same speed. So, it's actually a 4-speed gearbox with 2 output speeds. This way the orange gear selector in the 2-speed gearbox only needs to make a 90-degree rotation between 4th and 5th gear. If there would have been only one driving ring in the 2-speed gearbox, the rotation would have had to be 180 degree, which is more difficult to achieve. Look at this still from the official teaser video, the orange (0x)-piece with pin-with-towball could be used to make the 90-degree shifts for the 2-speed gearbox between 4th and 5th gear:

800x450.jpg

12 hours ago, Meatman said:

Perhaps reverse is much more simple than we think and doesn't even go through the gearbox at all. I think it would make sense.

12 hours ago, LvdH said:

That would be very cool and quite likely. Jeroen's Aston Martin DB11 has something like that too, and it's definitely something I hadn't seen before.

800x450.jpg

After another look at the building images I noticed there is a 20t gear on each side of the rear differential. At the back side a 20t clutch gear and at the front side a normal 20t gear. It could be that the blue 20t clutch gear engages with a 12t gear attached to an axle running underneath the differential. This could mean the reverse is completely bypassing the gearbox, which would be a good thing. The axle running underneath the differential could also be used to route drive to the front differential, without a center differential of course. A center differential is also not on the parts list.

Edited by Didumos69

2 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

@Didumos69 Where can I find the part list?

The Lego Technic Singapore facebook page has almost all images. (Assume this is okay now @Jim?). Btw, not the whole parts list is available, but given that it is sorted by color, we can draw some conclusions.

Edited by Didumos69

I, for one, will probably buy the because of the leak. I'm not an impulsive customer so I wouldn't buy it on the first day, and after that I couldn't buy it because of the shortage and evalated prices. And after a half-year waiting time to get better prices again, my excitement would be gone. Just as with the Porsche which I didn't buy.

So the leak and the 1-2 weeks of thinking time will probably make buy this model.

My English fails this morning, sorry.

Well, now I don't have to check this forum again for speculation... Already filled with spoilers.

Ok, took a look at the pictures and still nobody has said how the rear spoiler/brake works... hope it stays that way till Friday, but now that I have said something, someone is bound to chime in.

9 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

The Lego Technic Singapore facebook page has almost all images. (Assume this is okay now @Jim?). Btw, not the whole parts list is available, but given that it is sorted by color, we can draw some conclusions.

maybe you'be laughting, but I see most of the images firstly :laugh: Very nice pics of the box (whuch is bigger than the Porsche one).
Car has two diffs, maybe AWD?

Wheels are the same colour as the 41999 set I suppose.

One thing the parts list clearly shows: there's not much use of alternate colours here at all. Only 5 lime green parts! :)

Set contains the books...Does one is the BI and the second is the History of Bugatti?

PS: doesn't it seems my info is little oldfashioned?))

Under the front hood we can see a new tan bag with a string handles. But what is the grey tool lying beside?

And it has blue technic axle and lbg axle longer than 11 studs as I can see..

Edited by Aleh

44 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

After another look at the building images I noticed there is a 20t gear on each side of the rear differential. At the back side a 20t clutch gear and at the front side a normal 20t gear. It could be that the blue 20t clutch gear engages with a 12t gear attached to an axle running underneath the differential. This could mean the reverse is completely bypassing the gearbox, which would be a good thing. The axle running underneath the differential could also be used to route drive to the front differential, without a center differential of course. A center differential is also not on the parts list.

Paul said on fb that blue gear is only for reinforcements, not for function... Still, it wouldn't surprise me if that's R, since it is rotating the other direction of the gearbox. 

6 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

One thing the parts list clearly shows: there's not much use of alternate colours here at all. Only 5 lime green parts! :)

Why they needed at all??