1 hour ago, LithuanianTF said:

Actually we cant hope for some mindblowing functions cause its just a LEGO copy of Bugatti and designers put a lot of effort to make all the functions like real Bugatti has

Like I said, I am not expecting mind blowing functions, so I am not sure why you quoted me or what your post adds in general.

My expectations are superlow for this set. I expect nothing more than a gearbox wrapped in Bugatti. However, what I do expect is that, unlike the Porsche, this gearbox works out of the box. Anything else it does will have me pleasantly surprised (like the new gearbox parts). 

26 minutes ago, Thirdwigg said:

@Tommy Styrvoky a 20t clutch gear may be the best thing about this set. And almost worth the $350 price. Almost. 

I am almost tempted to get this set, just for those gears and the selector switches, though I guess I can just wait and see on bricklink, my guess is those parts will be $5-10 each.

48 minutes ago, Thirdwigg said:

@Tommy Styrvoky a 20t clutch gear may be the best thing about this set. And almost worth the $350 price. Almost. 

Where is the 20t clutch gear? Is it the blue gear in the leaked pictures? (The pics that of course I'm not showing)

33 minutes ago, Tommy Styrvoky said:

I am almost tempted to get this set, just for those gears and the selector switches, though I guess I can just wait and see on bricklink, my guess is those parts will be $5-10 each.

As soon as LEGO sells them they'll be no more than 20 cents each.

Might as well lock it... people just don't learn and post that stuff here... @Jim

Edited by Ascius

3 minutes ago, Ascius said:

Might as well lock it... people just don't learn and post that stuff here... @Jim

+1.

We know already it will be one excellent set if not one of the best ever released. just keep some mystery for the few days left

@JimLock it.

6 minutes ago, Mubirak said:

cause people want ist. this Forum is weired as hell

This forum also has rules to follow, and the previous posts already specified where to find these photos.

10 minutes ago, Mubirak said:

cause people want ist. this Forum is weired as hell

Is that so hard to  follow et respect rules?

I'll indeed close it for now, maybe Jim will decide something else, but we seem to have a kid invasion for now, TLG doesn't want us to post leaked images and the decent fans want to comply with TLG, it is that simple.

38 minutes ago, StudRobotics said:

Where is the 20t clutch gear? Is it the blue gear in the leaked pictures? (The pics that of course I'm not showing)

Yup, there's also one behind the rear differential, and maybe a 3rd one located below in the transmission, that isn't visible.

For now I have unlocked the thread again after Bartelas plea that letting some 'kids' spoil the fun in here is indeed not what I want. When the Tech sheriff arrives I suspect he will make a final decision. Beware that if people post any more leaks in here they will very soon "Take a break". There are good reasons for not supporting leaked images, LEGO has asked us in the past to be very cautious about this and since this is a LEGO fan forum we want to comply with such a  requests by LEGO of course.

We have a few days left before it's fully revealed and I think we've talked most speculations already all that's really left is to wait for release and the only purpose of the thread for a while now has been to talk about leaks or speculate.

We could move the new parts discussion to that thread and close this one. We need somewhere to discuss the parts we have seen, if not the actual Chiron or anymore about it. IMHO

4 hours ago, jovel said:

Looking at the rear suspension, it's a bit weird that the U-joint is not on the same height as the pivot point.

I see what you mean. Perhaps the U-joint is close to the diff. and then a CV-joint on the wheel hub. The axle can slide on the CV-joint, and the closer the U-joint is to the diff, the less effect from wheel movement up and down.

I wonder if we can arrange these new orange pieces as if they were two, meshed,16 tooth gears. they would be synchronized by two 16 tooth gears if they cant directly mesh against each other which is quite useful.

Edited by SNIPE

Why why not edit the title to say “DO NOT POST LEAKS” so these bellends finally see

6 hours ago, Bublehead said:

@SNIPE, so that they work when there is more than but not less than 16 to 16 mesh which is leas than +0+ 16 to 20 normal ?

16 tooth was just an example, you could also do 12 + 20 or 24 + 8 or 20 + 12 or 8 +24.

in that case, one of the orange pieces will move faster and engage the clutch ring (therefore before) the other orange piece.

it's just a way to drive both of the orange pieces at independant or synchronized speeds, useful for say, an automatic gearbox

You could also have the orange pieces spaced further apart and add spur gears inbetween in order to transfer the drive from one to the other, but 3L is more compact ;)

I recon these orange pieces can actually drive 4 clutch rings placed in a + shape.and you can always offset a clutch slightly with half bushes/system pieces if it is triggering slightly too early or jamming.

Perhaps the new orange pieces also have clutch teeth in them like a red 16 tooth idler.

edit: just realized i'm off topic

Edited by SNIPE

finally had a minute to look at the newest leak... what is that new gear selector??? might be good for an automatic gearbox?!?

1 hour ago, aminnich said:

finally had a minute to look at the newest leak... what is that new gear selector??? might be good for an automatic gearbox?!?

Automatic gearbox will be very difficult to make in Lego. It is a complicated mechanism that involves planetary gears and stuff. This will be a 8 speed (7+R) sequential manual gearbox, just like the one in the real Chiron. The new gear selectors make it extremely efficient to be sequential as opposed to selecting individual gears (like in 8880) or without making it bulky like in 42056.

11 minutes ago, Skiing Biology God said:

Automatic gearbox will be very difficult to make in Lego. It is a complicated mechanism that involves planetary gears and stuff. This will be a 8 speed (7+R) sequential manual gearbox, just like the one in the real Chiron. The new gear selectors make it extremely efficient to be sequential as opposed to selecting individual gears (like in 8880) or without making it bulky like in 42056.

An auto gearbox isn’t too hard actually, just it’s very different from what you’d find in a car. One way is to use a differential that shifts gear combinations just like a manual gearbox, but it does so depending on how much torque is required - the more torque needed, the lower the gear goes. It’s quite simple but takes up quite an amount of space.

Only thing is, I don’t think the new rotary mechanism would be useful for an auto gearbox with more than two gears.

Edited by Bartybum

11 minutes ago, Skiing Biology God said:

We talked about an automatic gearbox in a different topic, but I am not sure that it would be as complicated as you think it might be.  Anyway, looking at the gear selector, how would it be used?  To me it looks kinda like a worm gear