1 minute ago, Ascius said:

look at how it was done with Porsche, it will not be the same, but very close.

Yes I also think that the front caliper will be done the similar way with that in the Porsche, with the spare axle hole on the steering hub. \

But the unusual thing I mentioned earlier is the rear caliper.

In the Porsche, the rear calipers are mounted right next to the wheel hub, with the 5L axles with stop.

182.jpg

But in the build of the Chiron, the hub was connected with only 3L blue pins. That's why I said I'm wondering how the rear calipers will be mounted.

Am I the only one that finds it weird that the rear axle is mounted exclusively on what appear to be friction pins?

3 minutes ago, TheHypaaa said:

Am I the only one that finds it weird that the rear axle is mounted exclusively on what appear to be friction pins?

That's true. It doesn't affect the suspension too much in my experience. 42039 had this too. 

1 minute ago, LvdH said:

That's true. It doesn't affect the suspension too much in my experience. 42039 had this too. 

Ah I didn't know that. Thanks!

26 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

If it is so, doesn't that will make the caliper rotate when the wheel rotate?

I have edited my post before you posted this, but yes it would. At the front brakedisc you can see a system part going behind it. Something similar will probably be used at the rear. 

I've just thought that maybe the rear caliper will be mounted onto some parts that are mounted on these pieces:

Then those pieces will be plugged into the blue 3L friction pin 

9 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

I for one do not like the color vomit, and I find it wholly unneeded. It does not appear in any other Lego line, and Lego for whatever reason thinks that Lego Technic fans can not handle similarly colored parts. On the other hand, it's good to have some connectors in new colors like blue and orange. The new clutch is an about time thing, but why does it have to be blue? Why not make it gray to differentiate from the axle hole variant? Other than that, I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. I look forward to the full reveal.

Actually, color vomit exists in tons of other Lego lines.  Some of which others have already pointed out, and I will add the SW UCS series has a lot of color vomit in the interior, chassis parts, which, I might add, are about as tailored to adults as one can get.  I agree with you, I don't like it either, but your statement above is not correct. 

12 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

Actually, color vomit exists in tons of other Lego lines.  Some of which others have already pointed out, and I will add the SW UCS series has a lot of color vomit in the interior, chassis parts, which, I might add, are about as tailored to adults as one can get.  I agree with you, I don't like it either, but your statement above is not correct. 

And the Ship in a bottle from LEGO Ideas had dark turquoise in the stand. It's everywhere, just less visible in some sets I guess... 

I saw some more leaks on the technic fb group, it appears the transmission to have 8 speeds, it features new 20z clutch gears, and a new rotary style changeover selector for the transmission. It appears to have two of these parts, each acting on two driving rings. They appear to have 4 different states, on two of the sides they position the driving rings in the center, and on the other two sides it is to either respective side. This would allow for potentially building a transmission with 4 driving rings around the selector, for a very compact 8 speed transmission. I am really looking forward to the new parts. Also am not too fond about the color selection for the internal bits, lots of regular blue, orange and lime green bits along with black and gray.

Edited by Tommy Styrvoky

13 minutes ago, Jack Bloomer said:

Bold prediction 

there is a hidden 24 tooth clutch within gearbox 

I can confirm there are at least 2 of the new 20z gears, I can see 5 of the gears in the selector are 16z, one is 20z, and I believe another one would be a 20z, as looking at the gearing coming off of it. There's another gear that I can't see, but It probably is another 16z because it is located 3 studs below and 3 studs across from the 20z above it.

Edited by Tommy Styrvoky

I spent a few hours in LDD figuring out gearbox structure. Of course I cannot guarantee that my version is correct, but I'm sure that gear ratios and overall principles are there.

So if you still want to be surprised then don't read my thoughts under the spoiler.

Spoiler

At first - link to my version: https://bricksafe.com/files/ibessonov/misc/42083-gearbox-1.lxf

Orange 12z gears represent new orange "things", yellow 12z gear represents new yellow extension ring. Lime connector is input from drivetrain, connected to front and rear differentials. Dark green connector is the output. It'll probably be connected to the engine.

There is NO central differential, 100%. Gearbox has 8 speeds. No reverse speed, but there can be approach like in porshe - external switch to reverse entire gearbox. Who knows...

Now about the construction - 3L orange connector will be fixated at 90 degrees angle just like in our MOCs. It'll make 90 degrees "step" on every full rotation of yellow knob gear nearby. I believe that it will be achieved by adding another knob near orange 3L connector and moving it by combination of these parts:

6057526 4184169

It was actually visible in teaser video if you look closely! Every "step" will cause whole gearbox either increase it's speed by factor of 25/9 (2.77) or decrease - only two possible states. This is because 4 possible engagements contain 2 pairs of basically equal combinations.

It's hard to explain everything really so download LDD file and investigate it by yourself.

Edited by ibessonov

33 minutes ago, Tommy Styrvoky said:

This would allow for potentially building a transmission with 4 driving rings around the selector, for a very compact 8 speed transmission.

I'm not really sure about that. I'm pretty sure that if you put a driving ring above the selector, it will do the exact opposite as the driving ring below it. So you can't really operate those two independently from eachother with just a single selector. Same thing with putting one to the left and the right of the selector. 

What is this?! A new size of clutch gear? And a new cylindrical cam piece that changes gears in a similar sorta way to the way it's done in real life?! After seeing the new valve in 42080 THEY LISTENED AGAIN!!

Ok ok, so it's only one other size of clutch gear, bringing our total to only two whereas a real gearbox has a different size for each gear, and all gears besides reverse are mounted on only two shafts, not the dozen or so axles and pins seen here bringing many problems with needless complexity, friction, unintuativeness and so on BUT to do that in only one set would require alot of new parts, possibly too many for a single set, so this is a step in the right direction and I applaud it. This set is fast approaching a level that would satisfy even the wild speculations and overly high expectations placed on the Porsche when it's very first camo pictures were released. Well done TLG!

Edited by allanp

9 minutes ago, mahjqa said:

I'm not really sure about that. I'm pretty sure that if you put a driving ring above the selector, it will do the exact opposite as the driving ring below it. So you can't really operate those two independently from eachother with just a single selector. Same thing with putting one to the left and the right of the selector. 

The top/bottom selectors are opposite, so you could make something work, it may require a few driving rings extensions. Maybe cross routing power through the other sets of driving rings, otherwise this would have great applications for a distribution gearbox.

Edited by Tommy Styrvoky

50 minutes ago, Tommy Styrvoky said:

I saw some more leaks on the technic fb group, it appears the transmission to have 8 speeds, it features new 20z clutch gears, and a new rotary style changeover selector for the transmission. It appears to have two of these parts, each acting on two driving rings. They appear to have 4 different states, on two of the sides they position the driving rings in the center, and on the other two sides it is to either respective side. This would allow for potentially building a transmission with 4 driving rings around the selector, for a very compact 8 speed transmission.

You can't have 8 gears with only 4 states, because every gear is, almost by definition, a separate state. So, what @mahjqa says is true; with one selector you can have only 4 gears. That's why the set has 2 selectors probably.

13 minutes ago, allanp said:

This set is fast approaching a level that would satisfy even the wild speculations and overly high expectations placed on the Porsche when it's very first camo pictures were released.

I'd say, don't go too fast. No matter how trhilled I am about the new gearbox pieces, I still think a 3600 part set should be more than just a gearbox on wheels (no matter how beautiful the bodywork) :)

Has anyone noticed that in one of the pictures showing the building process that the cross axle with end stop is placed differently on top of the shock absorber for both sides? Is it supposed to be that way?

Edited by StudRobotics

on the rear of the suspension module, there are 2 crossblock, the one on the left is yellow and the one on right is lbg. Could this be similar to 42069, indicating differential orientation is important. Which would mean AWD. In one of the pictures of the transmission, on the side opposite the yellow knob gears, I can barely make out what looks to be a 24 tooth gear. That gear could mesh with the 8 tooth on the drive axle. And the only reason to extend the driveline past that point would be to connect to the front axles.

I would say the Chiron is AWD.

13 minutes ago, StudRobotics said:

Has anyone noticed that in one of the pictures showing the building process that the cross axle with end stop is placed differently on top of the shock absorber for both sides? Is it supposed to be that way?

It looks like the build for the shocks is a simple x2 build for both sides, which means that the stops would face different directions when mounted. 

12 minutes ago, jwarner said:

It looks like the build for the shocks is a simple x2 build for both sides, which means that the stops would face different directions when mounted. 

That is indeed the case. On the left you can see a different pin (red long axle pin) than on the right (pin with stop bush).

20 hours ago, TeamThrifty said:

that diff looks different... the none crown wheel side looks thicker... or am i imagining it?

Sorry if it was replied, but the diff looks unchanged and moreover it connected yo two 2T double bevel gears - regular driven tan and a new blue that just supports the diff's crown.

9 minutes ago, Ox1337 said:

Found more photos. link: 

Sorry, I can't upload to forum files bigger than 10k o_O

Please, copy them to the topic, thanks

As has been stated many times before, please don't post any leaked images in this thread!

Edited by TheHypaaa