Ok, damn it, this may be a day 1 purchase just for the new parts. I did say my wish list was parts parts parts. Now I get my wish and suddenly my wallet jumped into the swimming pool and tried to drown itself.

19 minutes ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

EDIT: 5. If the gearbox goes just in front of the rear axle... Where the heck does the massive W-16 engine go!?

On top of the gear box. Note no centre diff used in the gearbox AFICS.

5 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

On top of the gear box. Note no centre diff used in the gearbox AFICS.

Central Diff does seem MIA from the pics, which could mean a very weird thing... of it not being there at all.

4 minutes ago, Ascius said:

Central Diff does seem MIA from the pics, which could mean a very weird thing... of it not being there at all.

Either that or no 4wd. Centre diff is not needed with such a poor turning circle and no PF anyway.

Edited by valenciaeric

I am beyond excited for this. I am sold for the new gearbox pieces alone!!

2 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

Either that or no 4wd!

Yeah, kinda bummer if it's not AWD

1 minute ago, Ascius said:

Yeah, kinda bummer if it's not AWD

Looks like it is as the transmission tunnel goes forward well beyond the gearbox. 42069 did just fine without one too.

Edited by valenciaeric

13 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

Looks like it is as the transmission tunnel goes forward well beyond the gearbox. 42069 did just fine without one too.

And yet they added it to 42070... And outside of it doing fine, the main problem for Chiron is the real vehicle has AWD and it would be nice if it wasn't an afterthought

Or of course we're not seeing everything in there, maybe a 2nd level to it? as there seems to be a perfect spot for central diff in the black square aka 64179

Edited by Ascius

1 minute ago, Ascius said:

And yet they added it to 42070... And outside of it doing fine, the main problem for Chiron is the real vehicle has AWD and it would be nice if it wasn't an afterthought

It will be 4wd with no centre diff - unless they put it further forward, but that would make the gearbox redundant.

Seems the big remaining question is how the gearbox is shifted.

5 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

Seems the big remaining question is how the gearbox is shifted.

And what other functions it has. Although I don't expect anything beyond steering, suspension, drive + gearbox, and manual doors/hood/bonnet.

But this new way of doing gearboxes will be interesting for sure. This was already on my wish list, but now it's in bold. It would be the first time I'd buy 3600 parts at once...

I agree that it is color vomit however it will probably be buried within the model so we can’t see it and it is easily fixable by adding your own parts out besides the new changeover and 20t clutch

3 hours ago, ibessonov said:

So they built it and posted the process, what a shame...

I'm ok with leakage of box art, but this is just ridiculous.

+1

Still, I couldn't resist checking the pics out, and oh my... this set just gets better and better. I'm really hyped for those new gearbox parts! Let's hope they got the gear sequence right this time...:hmpf_bad:

This is actually turning into a day 1 must have... Have to find a way to convince my wife that this set is money well spent at full price... But with fathers day and my birthday coming in a few weeks, I might just get away with it:grin:

1 hour ago, Didumos69 said:

EDIT: Also the instructions in the top-right corner of the overview image show only 3 driving rings. That is enough for an 8-speed gearbox

I think the photo and instructions show opposite sides, so each orange selector seems to drive 2 driving rings each?

The new pieces are going to mean lots of new possibilities for gear boxes. ?

Edited by JonathanM

50 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

And what other functions it has. Although I don't expect anything beyond steering, suspension, drive + gearbox, and manual doors/hood/bonnet.

But this new way of doing gearboxes will be interesting for sure. This was already on my wish list, but now it's in bold. It would be the first time I'd buy 3600 parts at once...

The retracting spoiler?

In any case, so long as the functions work properly without modification, that should be enough.

Perhaps the most positive thing is that Lego have listened to criticism about the 911´s box and made the necessary parts to fix it.

19 minutes ago, Rudivdk said:

I'm really hyped for those new gearbox parts

Those new parts look very promising. New orange gear selector is awesome but it's like a cheat mode, I doubt that we'll stop using uld red selector in our gearboxes.

"Color vomit" doesn't bother me, lime pieces are always welcomed. And blue gear - well, it's goig to be hidden anyway so who cares :grin: But the mould itself is somthing that I've been waiting for a long time.I'm more happy with new 20z gear then with orange thing to be honest.

Shock absorbers are yellow btw, that's weird, I'd love to see red or blue ones. It's an exclusive set after all.

2 hours ago, Jack Bloomer said:

Anyone want to send me link?

No asking for links/pictures in this topic, please.

2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

At first I thought the disc brake has 6 holes and 3 holes will snap into the 3 pin of this piece

But actually the disc brake will snap directly into these pieces 

Exactly as I had said!

I already knew that the wheels would be bad but the piece of the brakes is directly laughing at least there are the oranges...

I hope that it's all-wheel-drive. Just saw pictures of the building process, and there are loads of blue gears (BLUE?!) and that orange swirly piece is definitely new. Also, did anyone notice the tailights being held in with minifigure stud-shooters?

Whatever Lego worker that somehow got this set releasing these leaks is totally getting fired.

Edited by StudRobotics

Am I the only one who loves color vomit? Blue gears are pretty awesome.

Edited by sm1995

Liking what I see so far. The color vomit is really not needed and looks atrocious, but it is expected since LEGO has embraced the build-by-baby-steps method. "In my days LEGO Technic sets were a challenge!" :laugh:

It will be a shame if no AWD as that is a crucial part as to why the Chiron is so quick off the line. That would be a much larger omission than not having four wheel steering like with 42056.

I just realized that the new clutch is a double bevel. This could be used down the road for function gearbox’s to go straight from engaged to bevel instead of having to go through a bunch of idler gears. 

I for one do not like the color vomit, and I find it wholly unneeded. It does not appear in any other Lego line, and Lego for whatever reason thinks that Lego Technic fans can not handle similarly colored parts. On the other hand, it's good to have some connectors in new colors like blue and orange. The new clutch is an about time thing, but why does it have to be blue? Why not make it gray to differentiate from the axle hole variant? Other than that, I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. I look forward to the full reveal.