That new orange piece is awesome! Sequential gearboxes are going to be compact! Also nice to see the new 20T clutch gear in blue. Interestingly that it is also used on the differential connected with a 3L frictionless tan pin. OTOH Don't like the color vomit to be honest 

RIP everyone who ever built a technic supercar. Those are some HOT new pieces and I can't wait to see how/if they will be used in the remaining 2H sets.

Edited by BrickbyBrickTechnic

Basically every gearbox is obsolete, but it doesn't really bother me since at least now we know this set's functions will match the looks. Now I'm really excited!  :excited:

Can someone please tell me where the box's rear has been leaked? Everyone here is saying there is a lot more leaks out but the only one I can find on the internet is the front box leak.

I've also noticed that the area between the door and the front fender seems quite off in the picture. And what's the deal with Lego making the side mirrors out of panels again?! :angry:

Edited by StudRobotics
Removed Leak Picture

Is that blue the regular one or is it a new one? It looks unusual to me though.

The instruction book says "BOOK ONE" on the spine. So two books?!!

Lime 1x5 liftarm.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

20t double bevel with a clutch female section.

This part is a game changer for gearbox.

Edited by Timoonn

33 minutes ago, bekesizoltan said:

Each orange controls 2 clutches, so totally 8 speeds.

I am betting it is four plus reverse.  I hope it is four plus reverse.  That would be more interesting to me than 8 forward gears.

Just now, StewFromIndy said:

I am betting it is four plus reverse.  I hope it is four plus reverse.  That would be more interesting to me than 8 forward gears.

It has more than four... :wink: 

Well.... i said it needed to be more than just a pretty shell. And it is. I doubted it, but i'm happy to admit i was wrong. Those new parts are awesome. And the 20t is blue which is better still. Well done TLG!! I am a convert :sweet:  ... (need those parts without paying £300!!) 

that diff looks different... the none crown wheel side looks thicker... or am i imagining it?

23 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Is that blue the regular one or is it a new one? It looks unusual (sickening) to me though.

The color vomit took on a whole new level. Now there are yellow double cross block, orange #2 connectors, orange bush, lime 1x5 liftarm, and 1L connector in white. Save me.

I was willing to let the "color vomit" comments go until this one. 

Look. Dude.

1- There's a three-length tan coloured pin sticking through one. So that blue 20-tooth gear can't have an axle hole. 

2- It's actually used inside a gearbox mechanism, you can see the part where it engages just like the red 16-tooth clutch gear would. 

If YOU don't have the mental faculties to distinguish one 20-tooth gear from the other, what odds does your typical 12-year old have? 

Hence the color vomit. 

Justified or not, not sure I can bypass the color vomit.  The thread posted earlier this week could not have come at a better time. 

Great new pieces (no wonder why the secrecy) but the vomit for some reason makes me feel less that I am doing something I can defend myself against on poker night and more that I truly am just playing with  a childs toy.  I was afraid of clowns as a kid and I am still.... and this car doesn't help any. 

At first I thought the disc brake has 6 holes and 3 holes will snap into the 3 pin of this piece

But actually the disc brake will snap directly into these pieces 

6145859 6169984

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Oh man... For a second there, I thought someone had a barfed a rainbow on the table... Then I looked and realized what it was. How sad. A 16+ set looks like this? Disappointing. I sure hope we get the new parts in gray, black, or even red to match the ones we already have...

And the new parts are cool. This will make gearbox designs more interesting for sure, and I am super happy about the new 20t-gear-with-clutch, adding reverse just got way easier!

Conclusions from photos:

1. 7+R gearbox.

2. New fake caliper mount for existing wheel hubs.

3. New changeover catch piece which rotates continuously on an axle. NEGATIVE ABOUT THIS PIECE: It CANNOT be mounted inside the gearbox, it must be outside!

4. Anyone else notice that the suspension design is an identical x2 build, judging by the way the shocks, and other parts, have been mounted?

EDIT: 5. If the gearbox goes just in front of the rear axle... Where the heck does the massive W-16 engine go!?

Edited by Leonardo da Bricki

Okay, this new orange part makes it very easy to translate 90-degree rotation steps of a shift-axis into driving-ring positions. I think the gearbox only has 3 driving rings btw. In the back of the image you see a four speed gear box with 2 driving rings and in the front you see a two-speed gearbox with 1 driving-ring. EDIT: Also the instructions in the top-right corner of the overview image show only 3 driving rings. That is enough for an 8-speed gearbox. Now I wonder how the shifter works.

EDIT: I fear it has a row of 16t gears (clutch and normal) to divide the input over multiple axles, just like the Porsche had. In the Porsche this was an important source of friction.

All images in my bricksafe btw.

Edited by Didumos69