5 minutes ago, Frequenzberater said:

You may be right, but from that point of view, there is no need for any kind of transmission :D

Not true actually! You can use manual transmission without PF and still see the effect it has on the engine. With automatic trans you’d need to hold on to the crankshaft to create the stress in the drivetrain required to change gears.

42 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

I thought it was called that.

I think it is called 'earth blue'.

@Frequenzberater Technically you could have auto transmission at a really high gear such that pushing the car forward would force the transmission to lower a gear, but then you’re stuck with the problem that you only get a high and low gear, and only get to use the low one when the car’s rolling. In addition the gears wouldn’t change when you push the model uphill, which is the whole schtick of auto transmissions. So, you could have it, but it just wouldn’t function nicely

Edited by Bartybum

4 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

Yes, Earth Blue [TLG], Dark Blue [BL]

4 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

There it is!

What do you guys think of the new wheel hub? Honestly, i love it and in my personal opinion for my models, think it is game-changing.

Edited by Jack Bloomer

1 minute ago, Jack Bloomer said:

What do you guys think of the new wheel hub?

It's been discussed already, check out previous pages. And please don't post leaked images, it's against the rules here.

Answering your question - I think these hubs are awesome, but it's not clear yet how deep they fit in the rim.

Edited by ibessonov

It is hard to tell if it is actual a game-changer until we see the other side of this part. At the moment is looks to be a pure aesthetical part.

2 minutes ago, ibessonov said:

It's been discussed already, check out previous pages. And please don't post leaked images, it's against the rules here.

Answering your question - I think these hubs are awesome, but it's not clear yet how deep they fit in the rim.

I agree 

3 minutes ago, zux said:

It is hard to tell if it is actual a game-changer until we see the other side of this part. At the moment is looks to be a pure aesthetical part.

We'll see if we can use the rubber pieces on the new hub kinda like Sheepo did with his custom wheel hubs with the Mustang and Porsche

25 minutes ago, Jack Bloomer said:

game-changing.

You need to be careful when using these words around here <sheds tear>, believe me, I know from personal experience.  ? :laugh::grin:

Addressing automatic transmission thing, I think most people are talking about a transmission that shifts gears as needed automatically. While I guess that would be cool, the main function of an automatic transmission is the ability to multiply torque via a fluid coupling, which while it would be very cool, I just don't see that happening with LEGO and it would definitely require power functions to implement. 

28 minutes ago, Bublehead said:

You need to be careful when using these words around here <sheds tear>, believe me, I know from personal experience.  ? :laugh::grin:

Could you send private message about what you're referencing?

1 hour ago, ibessonov said:

They should fit just as deep as the regular hubs.

Actually I don't mind if there are no super spectacular functions, other what we can expect from a car, what I would more desire is a life-like building process. I could imagine modular build: chassis - suspension - engine - cabin with interieur - body (panels). This would add a lot of fun to the building experience!

The real Chiron does not have an automatic gearbox, therefore I am not expecting the same in the Lego version. It has a dual clutch transmission (DCT), which is similar to the Porsche PDK transmission found in the GT3 RS set, so it makes sense to do the same in Lego.

42 minutes ago, Flossie said:

The real Chiron does not have an automatic gearbox, therefore I am not expecting the same in the Lego version. It has a dual clutch transmission (DCT), which is similar to the Porsche PDK transmission found in the GT3 RS set, so it makes sense to do the same in Lego.

Actually it does have an automatic gearbox. Or it can be shifted with paddles.

Edited by Meatman

Paddles on the Chiron are actually pretty small and are attached to the streering wheel whereas in the Porsche, they are immediately obvious...

Furthermore :

• the Chiron is all about absolute power and absolute luxury whereas the GT3 RS is supposed to be a very spartan car
  • lego technic human actuated paddles do require quite a bit of a leverage (or travel) to work properly, so I don't think it would have been possible to have both paddles and a nice cockpit...PvdB's Koenigsegg One:1 has small paddles, but they are definitely not intended for humans :-)

PvDB also has hidden paddles. You could have that in the dashboard.

Technically speaking, the Chiron has an automated manual transmission. Most of the components are the same as a standard manual transmission, but the clutch and shifting are controlled via computer. This is entirely different from an automatic transmission. However, a sequential transmission can be controlled mechanically, as done in a motorcycle and some race cars. I hope Lego does it better this time.

@Saberwing40k in PvdB's Koenigsegg the dashboard shifters add quite a lot of complexity and are not all that reliable ;-)

Someone got some pictures of the Bugatti build at a LEGO store.  Posted them to reddit legotechnic channel if anyone is interested.  There is a really interesting new transmission piece!  And you can see the brake rotors.  

20T clutch gear. Also that rotational changeover thing. Parts we are waiting for decades, and will make pretty much all Lego supercars up to date obsolete...5I8N8z6.gif

Edited by Lipko

So they built it and posted the process, what a shame...

I'm ok with leakage of box art, but this is just ridiculous.