10 minutes ago, Ascius said:

Oh my I just saw the rear of it, it's beautiful... I'm so glad I pre-ordered it, can't wait to get it now even more.

Where do you pre-order it?

Honestly, i think it's much less "gappy" than the Porsche. It's nice that TLG used some system bricks to complete the fine details.

39 minutes ago, Skiing Biology God said:

Where do you pre-order it?

Local LEGO shop.

I'm even more impressed after seeing the back, this model is definitely better looking than the Porsche. I think that system/Technic blend really helps make this a beautiful model. :wub: 

8 hours ago, ibessonov said:

Axle on horseshoe is 16L. Maybe other light blue axles have the same length because it's easier for TLG to release only one type instead of two.

What about the ones stretching across the hood? It's hard to tell from the perspective, but they might be longer than 16L...

EDIT: The one thing that really impresses me (so far) is how TLG managed to squeeze that engine into the back of the car! *huh*

Edited by Leonardo da Bricki

11 minutes ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

how TLG managed to squeeze that engine into the back of the car! *huh*

+1 for sure

Have you seen this shareable video on youtube?? its a very good documentary about the Bugatti!!

16 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

If it were a MOC, people would probably cheer about the original use of panels in the front :laugh:.

Yes... They would... Because they don't have a thing for sale.

I am pretty sure the back is dark sand blue, look at the system bits.

5 hours ago, mo351 said:

Where can I find a photo of the back?

Look in my Bricksafe.

The Chiron will be built differently to the Porsche in real life. It’s not built on a line as far as I’m aware and is built around the central tub. So the engine marriage stage will be more like on an F40.

The central lever between seats is a regular gearbox shifter piece. So i suppose this will acts like on Porsche and be the fwd/reverse selector. i ask myself where will be localised the gearbox main shifter. it could be the same than recent mercedes AMG moc, at the back in the rear window (the only view we don't have actually).

1 hour ago, Seasider said:

engine marriage stage

In the post above about the NG documentary, in it they show the marriage of the monocoque tub to the motor. They are held together with 14 bolts.

13 minutes ago, Bublehead said:

In the post above about the NG documentary, in it they show the marriage of the monocoque tub to the motor. They are held together with 14 bolts.

That's something that Lego could integrate in the building process; connecting the motor to the tub with 14 friction pins (for example). Would add a nice detail to the overall building experience. :classic: 

And to be honest, I can imagine that Lego would do such a thing!

49 minutes ago, Frequenzberater said:

Just a quick thought:

Perhaps we get the first official Lego Technic automatic gear?

Maybe a CVT transmission?

Edited by steph77

IMO it is smaller than the Porsche and having a big fake engine I think you will have something more detailed than a Racers set with functions in the 8070 style.

Edited by jorgeopesi

6 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

I am pretty sure the back is dark sand blue, look at the system bits.

There's no such as "dark sand blue" it LEGO colour palette.

It looks like the panels in dark blue in this set are mostly not those in 41999. I see 5x7, 5x11, 2x5, curved 3x11x2, L-shaped, wheel arches. probably 3x11 flat or 5x11 flat. Among those, only 5x11 appears in the 41999.  

The new panels make the dark blue pallet almost complete. This pallet still lacks the pair 3x7 panels (#3 & #4) though. No hope for a dark blue Porsche </3

33 minutes ago, zux said:

There's no such as "dark sand blue" it LEGO colour palette.

I thought it was called that.

9 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

It looks like the panels in dark blue in this set are mostly not those in 41999. I see 5x7, 5x11, 2x5, curved 3x11x2, L-shaped, wheel arches. probably 3x11 flat or 5x11 flat. Among those, only 5x11 appears in the 41999.  

The new panels make the dark blue pallet almost complete. This pallet still lacks the pair 3x7 panels (#3 & #4) though. No hope for a dark blue Porsche </3

Looks like there's 3x7s on the sides of the roof maybe?

2 hours ago, Frequenzberater said:

Just a quick thought:

Perhaps we get the first official Lego Technic automatic gear?

As cool as that would be, it’s not gonna be that. Automatic transmission is quite bulky, and without PF there’s no need for it. I’m pretty sure it’s been confirmed that there’s no PF in this set.

All Lego auto transmissions run on the concept of it being too hard for the motor to operate at a high gear, thereby kicking in a lower and lower gear until the motor can supply enough torque to push the car along. An unpowered model moves because you (not the motor) push it, so the need for transmission effectively goes away.

Edited by Bartybum