6 minutes ago, Seasider said:

Definitely got a deplorable spoiler, it’s down in 1 picture and up in the other. I’m hoping it also goes into braking position too.

oh I’ve seen the car ... well the full size Chiron I mean at Frankfurt motor show last year :)

deplorable?  Did you mean retractable?

He meant "deployable."  Which means "retractable."

Im wondering if that new wheel hub will be exclusive to this set only. I wish not.

2 minutes ago, irekk said:

Im wondering if that new wheel hub will be exclusive to this set only. I wish not.

Depends whether they find other rims or application for it. One would imagine that only the printed parts and these rims will be 100% exclusive and the other parts will find their way into future models.

I think it will be exclusive the same way dark blue was exclusive to the 41999 crawler, Tumbler tyres exclusive to the 76023 Tumbler or Porsche tyres exclusive to the Porsche.

That is, they might just as well pop up in a regular set a few years down the road. (And from a marketing standpoint, this is only sensible. They have the molds. It'd be a waste if they would be standing there doing nothing.)

Back end definitely looks nice, and I was right about the sticker on the door, which I'm not a fan of. Spoiler definitely looks adjustable and retractable. Can't be 100% sure but that brake disc piece just looks like an add on for the same hubs from the Porsche :sceptic: 

I'm liking it better than the Porsche so far, curious about the rest of the functions now. 

We'll see. It might be quite rewarding to produce hubs like this - if one or two pins will get cracked you need to order new rim :laugh:

It could be, but 3d effect with look bad if you apply stickets with different orientation.

1 minute ago, valenciaeric said:

The brake disc could well be an existing part reference with a sticker applied to simulate the vents.

No. At closer inspection, you can see that the whole disk connects to the Porsche female hub connector, essentially replacing this part, making it compatible for the new rim design with pins instead of pin holes.

I disagree. I reckon the disc is a flange that fits round the male hub connector with the new female part going inside. I don´t know what part number it i, but I have a feeling I have seen it somewhere before....

Edited by valenciaeric

10 minutes ago, letsbuild said:

No. At closer inspection, you can see that the whole disk connects to the Porsche female hub connector, essentially replacing this part, making it compatible for the new rim design with pins instead of pin holes.

+1

5 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

I disagree. I reckon the disc is a flange that fits round the male hub connector with the new female part going inside. I don´t know what part number it i, but I have a feeling I have seen it somewhere before....

Then where are the pins of the male hub connector? It's obvious this is a new male hub connector with pin holes instead of pins and an integrated disc brake.

Edited by Didumos69

I'm liking a lot about the back side reveal here, and yet I'm not a huge fan of the white line behind the red flax tube but it does appear accurate to the real car.  The red panels on either end of the red break line also seem strange, but it is closer to the real vehicle than I thought.

The big aesthetic issue for me is the lack of continuation of the C curve along the side.  In the real car, that line is continuous and sleek, while here it has an abrupt end where it turns into a plate or something at the bottom of the doors.  That might be the first fix I try to implement when the time comes.

Overall, very excited!

8 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

+1

Then where are the pins of the male hub connector? It's obvious this is a new male hub connector with pin holes instead of pins and an integrated disc brake.

23801c01.jpg

I think the grey part of the hub has been replaced by the new element with no pins but the brake disc is an additional flange that sits around the black part. Although that would mean the disc wouldn´t turn... Hmm, perhaps you are right!

Edited by valenciaeric

iPhones and their autocorrect sometimes it just gives you the wrong worm ;)

yes I meant deployable not deplorable 

I think the grey part of the hub has been replaced by the new element with no pins but the brake disc is an additional flange that sits around the black part.

Okay, so we agree it's a new male hub connector. Don't know about the flange. It needs to sit straight or it will touch the caliper.

Yes, we agree. If the flange was moulded to the new connector, that would indeed limit further application to similar sized rims. Trying to find existing flanges on B/L but no success so far.

Yes, we agree. If the flange was moulded to the new connector, that would indeed limit further application to similar sized rims. Trying to find existing flanges on B/L but no success so far.

In my bricksafe you can see a close-up of the hub. I think it's one piece.

Seeing the pictures, especially the rear of the car, makes me want to have the set even more. :classic:

If I look closely, it looks like there are two black 'handles' between the seats and the center console. Maybe that controles the spoiler or something? Or it's just wishful thinking...

Can't wait to the official presentation, hope that the packaging is similar to the Porsche (although the box on the photos looks like a regular one), with lots of nice details, an interesting book with extra information and emphasis on building the Chiron, like the 'marriage' of the chassis and body on the Porsche' set. 

My only doubt; am I going to buy it straight away, or wait until a shop comes with a discount... 

4 minutes ago, astra said:

Can't wait to the official presentation, hope that the packaging is similar to the Porsche (although the box on the photos looks like a regular one), with lots of nice details, an interesting book with extra information and emphasis on building the Chiron, like the 'marriage' of the chassis and body on the Porsche' set.

Maybe TLG anticipated leaked imaged by sending a simple box to early recipients. Who knows?

Has anyone noticed that Lego has used standard pistons instead of doing anything accurate with the engine? I'm slightly disappointed by that. However, that's a minor gripe. I'm hoping for a nice gearbox, but that'll be on June 1st.

1 hour ago, valenciaeric said:

Nah. It is an all new hub part.

Oh my I just saw the rear of it, it's beautiful... I'm so glad I pre-ordered it, can't wait to get it now even more.