I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't like it when fully paneled sets have little gaps. It's annoying and inconsistent, like either have an open model, or have a fully closed one, don't try and do both. It's the consistency, or lack thereof, that annoys people. I'm waiting to see what kind of functions this set has before I say whether it is good or not. I'm hoping for the best, but I'm also prepared to be disappointed.

@Saberwing40k You can't have a "fully closed" model with no gaps, the same way you can't fill a circle with squares. There will always be gaps. The question the designer has to answer is, how large are the gaps you accept? Different people answer that question differently.

@Erik Leppen I think he’s talking about the hood. The designers took all the effort to cover up gaps in the body but left large holes in the hood. It’s different than filling a circular hole with squares.

Edited by Bartybum

Someone corrected the perspective based on the logo and text on the box. I think it looks already better now.

Edited by Jim
Removed link to confidential image

11 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

Someone corrected the perspective

Did the same for myself but never published it :classic:

Distortion on the original picture makes front of the car much uglier then it actually is. And I still think that even corrected picture doesn't make justice to the model, we need to see another angles. 8 days left.

6 minutes ago, ibessonov said:

Did the same for myself but never published it :classic:

Distortion on the original picture makes front of the car much uglier then it actually is. And I still think that even corrected picture doesn't make justice to the model, we need to see another angles. 8 days left.

I'm actually starting to like it. The eye-brows are maybe a bit too angry, but the inclined #5 panels above the headlights and the beams behind them do catch the lines of the original very nicely.

Actually the car looks good - let's be honest everyone: if a MOC would be presented with this road presence, it would be hyped to max.

The only thing what I don't like is the C-line on the sides. I would replace those with LBG pneumatic hoses and LBG 6172538as support for it. Would be more sleek then the sticking out clamps. I know it would be thicker than should be, but in the front the line is already 1 stud thick. Easy MOD though.

Edited by agrof

11 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't like it when fully paneled sets have little gaps. It's annoying and inconsistent, like either have an open model, or have a fully closed one, don't try and do both.

10 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

@Saberwing40k You can't have a "fully closed" model with no gaps, the same way you can't fill a circle with squares. There will always be gaps. The question the designer has to answer is, how large are the gaps you accept? Different people answer that question differently.

27 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Ehhh even with the removed distortion it’s still quite boxy

13 minutes ago, agrof said:

Actually the car looks good - let's be honest everyone: if a MOC would be presented with this road presence, it would be hyped to max.

I agree with @agrof. If it were a MOC, people would probably cheer about the original use of panels in the front :laugh:.

As for holes and boxy look, let's not forget this is a Technic model. To outsiders all Technic models look like insects. Strange vehicles with some kind of external skeleton. To me, making a good looking Technic replica is about capturing the lines of the original in a consistent way and so far I have no reason to think LEGO failed in doing that.

Edited by Didumos69

4 minutes ago, agrof said:

The only thing what I don't like is the C-line on the sides

I'm OK with them actually, it's a reasonable choice. What I don't like is the sticker on door's bottom. I get why it's in there but I hate stickers anyway.

There's also sticker that imitates door handle, as far as I can tell. Maybe Bugatti logo on the grill is sticker as well, but that's fine. Calipers were discussed already.

Guys you should check out the back of the box...it's gorgeous!! First time purchase for me after seeing that!!

And I might even see a possibility of a brake here!

Edited by fateatfish

4 minutes ago, fateatfish said:

Guys you should check out the back of the box...it's gorgeous!! First time purchase for me after seeing that!!

And I might even see a possibility of a brake here!

Okay, let's all go check out the back of the box now :sceptic:. Nice info if there is nothing to look at.

13 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

To me, making a good looking Technic replica is about capturing the lines of the original in a consistent way and so far I have no reason to think LEGO failed in doing that.

I hold exactly that criteria, but I don’t think they did capture it

3 hours ago, fateatfish said:

Guys you should check out the back of the box...it's gorgeous!! 

:sweet:

4 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

Someone corrected the perspective based on the logo and text on the box. I think it looks already better now.

2 hours ago, allanp said:

As much as I appreciate a stunning behind I can't see anything :laugh:

Does anyone have software to change the perspective even more so we can see the behind? :laugh:

1 hour ago, Bartybum said:

Ehhh even with the removed distortion it’s still quite boxy

Perspective still has to be off quite a bit right?  I mean, even on the corrected images, look at the bionicle tooth just opposite to the #5 panels above the headlights.  It certainly looks curved, and we all know this piece is not curved......

6 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

Does anyone have software to change the perspective even more so we can see the behind? :laugh:

Where's Harrison Fords blade runner tech when you need it? You could probably read the instructions with that!

2 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

I mean, even on the corrected images, look at the bionicle tooth just opposite to the #5 panels above the headlights.  It certainly looks curved, and we all know this piece is not curved......

I think that is mainly due to the panel's shadow thrown on the bionicle tooth. But I wouldn't want to claim there are no distortions in the corrected image.

Edited by Jim
Removed link to confidential image

2 minutes ago, Jurss said:

I exited about bottom view! :grin:

:laugh: The bottom of the box or of the car?