Although I'm more interested in what's on the inside, the more I look at the outside the more I like it. Leviathans Chiron is a great MOC, but Lego's version looks like a more thought out finished product using individual parts more efficiently to create a cleaner look. Note the use of the long curved slope pieces used to shape the front as opposed to the many 1x2 beams used in the MOC, and the use of a single wheel arch piece as opposed to the use of many small pieces with all their edges and radii which detract from smooth lines. Of course Leviathan does not have access to new parts in new colours or the luxury of being paid to design a MOC as a day job so I don't want to take anything away from the astounding effort. And some will argue that many small pieces are better than fewer <insert that tiresome argument> (that was supposed to say j u n i o  r i s e d, apparently EB knows what I want to say better than I do :hmpf_bad:) parts, but for me, I like to put together many mechanical parts, that's why I like technic more than creator. So when it comes to non mechanical bodywork, less is more, unless it's something like an American fire truck with all its cool exterior detail of course. Right now both versions look to be not quite pointy enough at the front compared to the real car, but we've been burnt by leaked box art before, remember how 3x11 panels on 42082 looked like 5x11 panels? It seems leaked box art has the effect of making everything look fatter or proportionally less long and sleek as it really is, so maybe the front will look longer and pointier when we see proper images. The exterior also doesn't seem to have quite as much regular Lego bricks as some had feared. There definitely isn't an extra 900 parts to the bodywork compared to the Porsche, so there must be more to the inside mechanisms. Overall this leak has me excited to see more.

Edited by allanp

The strength (or otherwise) of this model is whats inside.. this is technic after all. Pretty is great, but form without function is something other than technic.. which is fine, unless its a technic set, which this is. I hope its a technic tour-de-force to reflect the real life machine, if its some basic suspension/gearbox/steering in a pretty blue shell, that would be very disappointing. I soooo hope its the former. Cars aren't my favourite model type, but if its a technic showcase, i'll buy it for sure...

(Please don't be form with only basic functions, please don't be form with only basic functions,  please don't be form with only basic functions......)

3 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

So we can conclude this was a true image (the same image actually), but it shows quite different shades of blue...

Here's an early look!

Edited by Jim
Removed image from quote

i think you had better remove this picture as leaked pictures are not allowed to be published on this forum...

I'd say it looks good if not great even, but one concern I do have is the apparent lack of connectors in bodywork color. It seems only two (new in this color?) connectors are there in the lighter blue (front end of the hood).

Looks like TLG is going more and more for a panel+beam approach, with hidden attachment points. Although it gives a clean look, it makes it hard to use these colors and parts on MOC's. 

Guess I'll have to change my building style...

2 hours ago, Aleh said:

umos69 True. But any reasons to suppose that this image was fake?

No, I didn't think it was fake, it's just that we can be even more certain about it being real.

Neither Technic nor Model Team in the middle of nowhere and with too many pieces but this is the new Lego and it is made for the people of this time.

Did you guys notice that there are no rear spoiler in the back? Does that mean there's gonna be retractable spoiler? :wub_drool::wub_drool: The real car has a retractable spoiler.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

2 hours ago, BrickWild said:

Here's an early look!

Do not post leaked images on this forum.

2 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Did you guys notice that there are no rear spoiler in the back? Does that mean there's gonna be retractable spoiler? :wub_drool::wub_drool: The real car has a retractable spoiler.

I know this sounds complicated and probably not real, but how crazy would a brake with the spoiler brake be! Like this:

024214a7d8f311e6e0c1383a446397df2c3a9c96 

15 hours ago, Jim said:

I have only one comment for now (and till the 1st of June).....wait till you see the rear :wink:

Jim out!

Sounds like someone had a visit from the mailman:laugh:. How I envy you...

( and no, I am not asking you to share more info, I can wait for a few more weeks )

8 minutes ago, Rudivdk said:

Sounds like someone had a visit from the mailman:laugh:. How I envy you...

( and no, I am not asking you to share more info, I can wait for a few more weeks )

Actually...due to some communication discrepancies, I do not have the set yet. However, I have seen the rear and it looks :wub:

@allmembers: I won't disclose more information than this, so please don't ask. 

By the way; I am also a bit disappointed that the box image got leaked. I know it's unevitable at some point, but I really wished it would have been a big moment for all of us next Friday.

1 minute ago, Jim said:

I have seen the rear and it looks :wub:

Beware of having that taken out of context. :laugh:

8 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

Beware of having that taken out of context. :laugh:

Hehe. 

6 minutes ago, Jim said:

By the way; I am also a bit disappointed that the box image got leaked. I know it's unevitable at some point, but I really wished it would have been a big moment for all of us next Friday.

True that, but I am more disappointed by the responses to the image actually. Seems like people never learn from past experiences (42069 anyone?).

For me, it doesn't change my anticipation for this set, one image does not make a set good or bad, it's the total pakkage that makes the set. And reading your and @Paul Boratko's comments, I think we are still in for a treat at June 1st.

Just now, Rudivdk said:

True that, but I am more disappointed by the responses to the image actually. Seems like people never learn from past experiences (42069 anyone?).

For me, it doesn't change my anticipation for this set, one image does not make a set good or bad, it's the total pakkage that makes the set. And reading your and @Paul Boratko's comments, I think we are still in for a treat at June 1st.

I'm glad you are seeing it in a broader perspective :classic: :thumbup:

1 minute ago, Jim said:

I'm glad you are seeing it in a broader perspective :classic: :thumbup:

Isn't that just part of being an Adult (thats why we have this Afol community right, we are not just average fans of Lego...)?

(Sorry for slight off-topic)

8 minutes ago, Rudivdk said:

What do you mean?

Just now, Bartybum said:

What do you mean?

42069 recieved pretty bad responses after first images, but got praised to heaven for its mechanical insides and functions afterwards

4 minutes ago, Rudivdk said:

42069 recieved pretty bad responses after first images, but got praised to heaven for its mechanical insides and functions afterwards

From what I’ve seen people aren’t unhappy with the Chiron as a whole, just the weird execution of the front. That’s a fair thing to be unhappy about.

It is a big pity that after Lego have done so well to keep this hidden for so long, it has leaked just before the big moment.

I like the colours inside the car, and overall I think this is a really nice offering to be presented with in the Lego Technic range - as was the Porsche.  But trying to capture the lines of a real life car is really difficult with Technic.  There are always some compromises to be made, in this case, the wing mirror mounts, the shape of the front which seems too flat - giving the car the shape more like an old Audi A8 from this perspective.  I am also not sure about those angled panels between the door and rear wheels.

I am still looking forward to see what is inside this beast..

4 hours ago, Aleh said:

Offtop// Have you travelled there? Do they have any kind of museum? Do factory provide excursions?

never went there.

Dunno if there is a Buggati Museum. But its fairly close to the biggest european automobile museum, hosting the biggest Bugatti collection in the world

https://www.google.fr/maps/dir/Bugatti+SAS,+1+Château+Saint+Jean,+67120+Molsheim/Cité+de+l'Automobile,+15+Rue+de+l'Épée,+68100+Mulhouse/@48.4927819,7.4384345,12.17z/data=!3m1!5s0x47919b646f30e3dd:0xe013e46c2d6993c8!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x4796b277a0c6565b:0x8874402cdf25205e!2m2!1d7.5004703!2d48.5254231!1m5!1m1!1s0x47919b643d0117ed:0x9a2189f61444c593!2m2!1d7.3277347!2d47.7614674!3e0