For me it looks much better than the Porsche. I to feel cheated with this leak a bit. Now that I've seen it, I think I'll think more about whether to buy it or not - before this it was "a cetain buy", but now - we'll see how the reveal goes :-)

4 minutes ago, technic_addict said:

I guess my point was if the front end is dark azure, it will be trickier to improve it because of the lack of parts in that colour.

A second Chiron set solves that problem. 

Just kidding, I realize that not all parts are available in all colors. 

Wow is this impressive looking and the proportions look correct. This blows the Porsche away already and we don't even know what the functions are.

4 hours ago, Paul Boratko said:

The model looks excellent.. This is exactly what I had expected it to look like... Kudos to the designer...

I expect when everyone sees the rest of it, they will change their opinion... :wink:

I assume that you have seen the model? Or possibly got your hands on one? :wub_drool:

Just now, Paknaloid said:

Do we reckon it’ll have HOG steering?

There is no visible gear so far. If there is, a gear will be sticking out the back (which is not a good thing).

1 minute ago, Paknaloid said:

Do we reckon it’ll have HOG steering?

I'm 95% sure it's going to be the same as the Porsche: Steering out of the steering wheel. It is less comfortable and intuitive, but more realistic. So they'll probably do that.

Good catch on the interior 'C' shape, I wasn't sure what that was at first. Real Chiron reference:

1143852714-urn-newsml-dpa-com-20090101-1

My only problem is that for whatever reason the designers went ahead and used that god-awful wheel arch piece and the long panel, sacrificing the curvature of the front sides of the car. If you look at any photo of the Chiron from the same angle as the box, you notice that smooth curve outlining the shape of the front. Lego’s model just doesn’t do that :cry_sad:

I hadn’t seen a single Chiron MOC anywhere that wasn’t annoyingly boxy, so I was really hoping 42083 would break that trend.

I’ve said this before but people definitely care too much about body gaps and nowhere near enough about shaping.

Edited by Bartybum

53 minutes ago, Meatman said:

Wow is this impressive looking and the proportions look correct. This blows the Porsche away already and we don't even know what the functions are.

I assume that you have seen the model? Or possibly got your hands on one? :wub_drool:

Oh, I may have seen a gear or 2 turning... :wink:

All I can say is that in just over a week, everyone is going to see some very special things... Unless something else leaks out before then.. :laugh:

Lol.....if paul is saying "very special things" i think we are going to be hearing the sounds of people changing their opinions of this set........

6 hours ago, Jim said:

I have only one comment for now (and till the 1st of June).....wait till you see the rear :wink:

Jim out!

Is that a teaser? Remember, TLG asked to not reveal anything (including teasers) until the release date! :wink:

3 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

I hope the front is medium azure, instead of dark azure

I heard it was the color of the rally car, cause of the wheel arch.

Color me happily surprised @Paul Boratko If what you say is true, which I have no reason to doubt, then maybe we are all ready to change our tune in a week. Heck, I might whistle Dixie and cut a rug if it goes anywhere beyond the Porsche in terms of functions, like an automatic spoiler that reacts to a brake and accelerator pedals or a well (read new) designed hub/suspension system for 4WD... we can all dream can’t we?

20 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

But that hood looks awful.

And the front quarter panels too

Yeah, the front looks a little flat, but I'm waiting for pictures. It looks good, but I don't buy Technic sets to display them, so I'm on the fence until we know what kind of functions this car has. Also, I hope the trim that is silver on the real car is at least pearl silver. A special edition set deserves that.

I just had a bad thought: What if Lego, hearing the backlash over the Porsche's terrible gearbox, decides to not include one in the Chiron at all?

Edited by Saberwing40k

51 minutes ago, Saberwing40k said:

I just had a bad thought: What if Lego, hearing the backlash over the Porsche's terrible gearbox, decides to not include one in the Chiron at all?

Unless they want to be massacred by they angry mob, they will include one.
I really hope that you are right and the model will look better in real life, but I still can't get over the protruding eyebrow. On the system vs Technic part topic: this model seems to be well balanced. It's hard to believe that the harvester comes from the same design team as the crane and the Chiron.

A little comparison I made between the leaks and the real thing from two almost identical angles. All I've done to the leak is go over the main contours of the set exactly to give a good feel for the set's shape.

Note: I have no idea whether this is allowed @Jim, since it's a derivative of the leaked photo. If it's not then pls remove

11-amazing-details-behind-the-Bugatti-Ch

versus

O135246.png

They got the side curve really well, but you can see the front isn't pointed enough, and the front side ridges are too straight. Flex axles would've worked better here I reckon.

That being said, this is just a single photo, and perhaps the front will look better from other angles, so here's hoping.

11 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

They got the side curve really well, but you can see the front isn't pointed enough, and the front side ridges are too straight.

This was exactly my issue too. I do like the holes to the center-facing sides of the headlights though. This is what I missed in @Leviathan's Chiron.

screen-shot-2018-04-23-at-19-32-34.jpg

Edited by Didumos69

@Didumos69 True that. I really wanna try my hand at the Chiron using mainly flex axles, but I don't have anywhere near enough, nor the time to do so.

12 hours ago, Timoonn said:

Yeah, i'll skip the Lego version, but maybe consider buying the real one instead :laugh: Sounds reasonable :sadnew:

I'm living 220km away from the Bugatti factory:grin:

Offtop// Have you travelled there? Do they have any kind of museum? Do factory provide excursions?

So we can conclude this was a true image (the same image actually), but it shows quite different shades of blue...

Edited by Jim
Removed image from quote

The most I love is the colour of the interior. Such a dark brown fake leather. Looks resplendency!

Even the godness wheels can't be used in other MOCs...

@Didumos69 True. But any reasons to suppose that this image was fake?

1 minute ago, Didumos69 said:

So we can conclude this was a true image, but it shows quite different shades of blue...

The leaked image had less colour saturation is all.