3 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

+1 here.  For a bunch of educated folks we all seem to not have much objectivity to how our minds work  :laugh:

Everyone berated the Porsche for being all form and no function.

Without even knowing anything about function we have everyone complaining about the form. 

:sceptic:  Just gonna sit back and see the opinions run by like a train.  One trailer, two trailer, three.........

I completely agree. Am I the only one here that actually likes the look of the car? Personally it looks better than that Porsche, MUCH better. And in 2016 I thought it was the best looking official Lego supercar to date! It's important to analyse the set objectively and appreciate the positive aspects as opposed to tearing the negatives apart.

Not keen on what I think is the wing mirror mount but will reserve judgement on the rest of the car until I get to see it in its entirety.

Edited by grum64

2 minutes ago, Skiing Biology God said:

I completely agree. Am I the only one here that actually likes the look of the car? Personally it looks better than that Porsche, MUCH better. And in 2016 I thought it was the best looking official Lego supercar to date! It's important to analyse the set objectively and appreciate the positive aspects as opposed to tearing the negatives apart.

:sweet:  Or recognize that this is still considered a toy that will not meet everyone's needs and there are so many more ways to judge it.  Personally, I could not care less about how it looks because I will be buying it just for the parts.   Expensive parts pack?  Yup!  But likely it will have some parts that one cannot get anywhere else. 

I really like what I see so far. No huge gaps, interesting body angles and somewhat nice design. Good Job at the designer for sure!
You can tell Lego listens to their fanbase I you see the differences from the Porsche to this.

Only thing I don't like much is the upright angle of the seat headrests, like in the Porsche as well, nobody could comfortably sit in those :-)

I look forward to see the functions and the rest of it.

4 hours ago, Meatman said:

Or maybe this disc that we are all speculating will actually be a new hub part different from what we had seen in the video. I guess anything is possible. :classic:

That would be totally ideal and in my opinion perfect 

Any thoughts about the curved flex cable that seems to be running between the seats?  For the life of me I can't figure out what it could be!

It looks like a Chiron. What I like about the real car isn't it's looks, it's that it's an engineering masterpiece. So for me, all is yet to be revealed. 

2 minutes ago, dforce said:

about the curved flex cable

Yeah, someone said the “C” between the seats, but not sure exactly what that means

47 minutes ago, letsbuild said:

@Jim, is it okay if I posted a link to the picture?

Someone already did. EDIT: See two posts back. I was assuming my posts would merge, but things are going fast here.

Edited by Didumos69

On the only picture I have seen, I think it looks much better than the Porsche; I really like what I see (but I'm just not so much of a Porsche fan). Also, the duo-blue combo seems to work really nicely. Curious about the interior color - doesn't look like tan from this picture, but hard to tell. Probably still tan, but the picture seems discolored a bit. Also, I hope the front is medium azure, instead of dark azure. That would work really nicely with dark blue.

Curious what functions it will have, besides the expected engine, steering and suspension. Porsche introduced a novel gear switching mechanism, I hope this one presents a unicum as well.

At least the colour scheme looks good. I was a little worried we would get black coloured rear end. So more dark blue definitely won't hurt.

And as the rest are wondering, I wish to understand if the shade of blue used in the front is common colour or not.

11 minutes ago, Bublehead said:

Yeah, someone said the “C” between the seats, but not sure exactly what that means

Looking at some interior shots of the real Chiron and the same C motif is reproduced inside.  It's hard to tell from the one angle photo we have, but that makes sense that it is the inner "C."

Also, I'm interested in seeing the side profile because the "windscreen" seems to come pretty far forward but not quite far enough.  Plus I'm excited to see the new parts that are on the inside, since there don't seem to be any visible from the outside.

Looking the parts catalog shows that we really haven't had many new pieces in 2017 or 2018, just a new smallish bucket, the 3 long axle with pin hole in the center and the short worm gear.  Here's to hoping they were saving up for this one!

Edited by dforce

I don't say it looks bad, it looks better than the Porsche, but I'm more interested in what is inside. I was disappointed by the Porsche when I built it. 

I am very happy with how this turned out. From what I can see, I say job well done to Aurelien on capturing the difficult curves and lines of the Chiron. We must also remember that we are looking at a rather poor photo of the box of this set.

The flex tubing used in the interior is meant to represent the "C" shape of the actual Chiron's cockpit.

IMHO this is horrible. Looks like a creator model. 

4 hours ago, technic_addict said:

I don't like what I see.  The two MOC's created look much better IMO.

Totally agree.

I like it, but I’m even more excited to see what mods everyone comes up with once it is released. The mods are what turned the Porsche from a ‘nice to have’ into a ‘must have’ for me (I’m not even including the fixes for the well-publicised Porsche problems here, purely the bodywork mods and refinements). I’m thinking led lights, custom stickers, hood reshaping, gap filling, interior embellishing... exciting times :classic:

7 minutes ago, Paknaloid said:

I like it, but I’m even more excited to see what mods everyone comes up with once it is released. The mods are what turned the Porsche from a ‘nice to have’ into a ‘must have’ for me (I’m not even including the fixes for the well-publicised Porsche problems here, purely the bodywork mods and refinements). I’m thinking led lights, custom stickers, hood reshaping, gap filling, interior embellishing... exciting times :classic:

Me too! Im excited to see what @jb70, @Didumos69, @DayWalker will do for new very nice mods. :D

5 minutes ago, Paknaloid said:

Which bodywork mods are you referring to?  I remember two very minor mods for esthetic purposes but many many mods which were not esthetic.

My personal preference is always to have a better looking model because there are more parts to fix everything else.  Hard to fix bodywork when there is barely any pieces of certain colours.

@technic_addict there were loads:

widened hood

widened roof

reshaped flex axles

remodelled rear

remodellwd small fin on rear hood

small panels on rear hood

third party light kit

custom stickers

gaps filled everywhere

rear view mirror

front and rear hood props

locking doors (functional and aesthetic)

@Didumos69 pdk module (functional and aesthetic)

rear licence plate

some of those were included in @jb70‘s pimp up my Porsche, some were gleaned from the EB mods and improvements thread, and some were my own. Anyway, I probably spent as long implementing all of this as I did building it to start with :)

4 hours ago, KikoTube said:

Overall it looks good, but from this perspective the front looks to bulky.

Agreed, but...

2 hours ago, ibessonov said:

There are much more complex angles then it seems at first sight.

Although it's bulky, they obviously put a lot of work into covering holes and getting the angles right, so IMO it's compensated. Especially near the back wheel arch and doors.

Also, it may look better from a higher viewpoint.

I'm mostly excited to see the mechanics and the instructions to get a good look at all the bodywork connections.

Edited by Offroadcreat1ons
I used angle way too many times in that post

14 minutes ago, Paknaloid said:

@technic_addict there were loads:

widened hood

widened roof

reshaped flex axles

remodelled rear

remodellwd small fin on rear hood

small panels on rear hood

third party light kit

custom stickers

gaps filled everywhere

rear view mirror

front and rear hood props

locking doors (functional and aesthetic)

@Didumos69 pdk module (functional and aesthetic)

rear licence plate

some of those were included in @jb70‘s pimp up my Porsche, some were gleaned from the EB mods and improvements thread, and some were my own. Anyway, I probably spent as long implementing all of this as I did building it to start with :)

I applied a few of these esthetic mods but truthfully I didn't even know there was a widened hood, roof and some of the others.

I guess my point was if the front end is dark azure, it will be trickier to improve it because of the lack of parts in that colour.