I don't know ..  leather tan interior and Dk blue exterior is great but I don't like the shape..... If i was between a Lego set 8880 vs  42083 right now.. ill go get a 8880 instead !

Thumbs. Freakin. Down. I know they have rules, but the Porsche looks way better!

And the hype train get derailed *huh* Not as beauty as Porsche but still a must have for me - but what should i say if i already pre ordered this one.

2 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

Thumbs. Freakin. Down. I know they have rules, but the Porsche looks way better!

Exactly, i prefer porsche than chiron, in terms of the way they look like

I seriously don't get how you are all able to rate this set so prematurely. We don't even know anything about the features, and one picture simply isn't enough to properly rate it as a whole. 

Well, we have only seen the model from one angle. We don't know any of the functions, and there are roughly 900 pieces left to make some nice features and details. For example, the C in the middle of the car is also there. Looking to the back of the car there are two body pieces  making a line from the roof to the side. It's in may ways improved upon the porsche, and tI have high hopes for the rest of the car.

10 minutes ago, LvdH said:

I seriously don't get how you are all able to rate this set so prematurely. We don't even know anything about the features, and one picture simply isn't enough to properly rate it as a whole. 

+1

14 minutes ago, LvdH said:

Well, looks were a "Important detail" last time, so that is what most of us are looking at.

Unless there is a new gearbox cluches and rings, I would say it is a flop to me.

The model looks excellent.. This is exactly what I had expected it to look like... Kudos to the designer...

I expect when everyone sees the rest of it, they will change their opinion... :wink:

LvdH, that's pretty easy, you take a box cover art from porsche and compare with chiron's. Graphic designer in case of Porsche did better job, as it has more premium look and feel than Bugatti. The hood in Bugatti also looks kinda incomplete and raw. One week to see it for our selves.

Edited by irekk

2 minutes ago, Paul Boratko said:

the rest of it,

I need functions though, not looks.  I was always disappointed with the Race series models that had looks but no functions. Technic has always been a showcase for realistic functions and features.  They don’t get my dollars that easy.  If there is no good reason via either new parts or neat functions, this will be a pass for me, even though I will most likely end up with one used sometime after the shock and awe campaign is over.

1 hour ago, Jim said:

I have only one comment for now (and till the 1st of June).....wait till you see the rear :wink:

Jim out!

Agree... :thumbup::thumbup:

Has anybody thought about colorswapping this and the Porsche? Might be a good mod..

1 hour ago, Jim said:

I have only one comment for now (and till the 1st of June).....wait till you see the rear :wink:

Jim out!

This can mean that the rear looks really bad or really good compared to the front. I seriously hope for the latter of the two...

I'm liking it. I like how a lot of people complain about the gaps because of the type of pieces used. Are they the same people who complain when Lego use a large moulded piece to make something look more realistic? Remember this is Technic Lego. I like it and will be putting it on my wall next to the Porsche and F1 Ferrari.

It looks just like I expected. Not bad at all for a stock LEGO set, although I do fear the nose is too long. But I need to see a side view to judge better.

If there are no further leaks, there will be enough left to be curious about for the 1st of June.

37 minutes ago, LvdH said:

Agreed! :thumbup: 

20 minutes ago, Paul Boratko said:

The model looks excellent.. This is exactly what I had expected it to look like... Kudos to the designer...

I expect when everyone sees the rest of it, they will change their opinion... :wink:

Agreed! :thumbup: 

Just now, Jim said:

Agreed! 

OK then "Speculation master".

Spoiler

Whats so wrong with not liking it? We are who we are, can't change anyone's view.

4 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

... although I do fear the nose is too long. But I need to see a side view to judge better.

My first impression as well. The stub nose is characteristic for the Bugatti. I am very curious to see the whole model. Underwhelmed so far, but still looking forward to building this!

Doing a little bit of reverse engeneering now in LDD and I have too say WOW! There are much more complex angles then it seems at first sight.

1 hour ago, imurvai said:

Too bad it has been leaked - IMO. I hoped Lego could keep it in secret until the release date :(

I feel the same. I am disappointed about this leak, would have been a great surprise to wait till the official reveal after this long secrecy. The car looks as expected so far (for me), but half of the fun is gone...

1 hour ago, LvdH said:

+1 here.  For a bunch of educated folks we all seem to not have much objectivity to how our minds work  :laugh:

Everyone berated the Porsche for being all form and no function.

Without even knowing anything about function we have everyone complaining about the form. 

:sceptic:  Just gonna sit back and see the opinions run by like a train.  One trailer, two trailer, three.........

A lot fewer gaps than expected! The car looks stellar. Definitely on my list of sets that "I'll gawk at but never buy". Very nice!

EDIT: PM me for the picture if you need it.

Edited by BrickbyBrickTechnic