6 hours ago, Stephan said:

It looks a bit high on the front, doesn't it? Compared to the roof.

That’s my impression as well. Looks more like a Mercedes GLC Coupe ...

1 hour ago, ibessonov said:

I believe that calipers are made of thise pieces:

4649773 6117973

Or something close to it, this way it can get around the disk (presumably 5 modules in diameter) and fit into the rim.

Connection on the other side is a mistery in this case, but I'm sure it's possible.

You may be correct! The disks are definitely unique but now I'm not so sure about the calipers. They still look pretty realistic though. We'll just  wait and see.

7 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

Yes, that is what I see as well.  If we are literal in this picture interpretation (it is really 42083) then I think this is something no one has anticipated thus far. 

Actually...:

5 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

What's interesting is the rather small wheel arch, from the few piecescwe see so far. Seems like a good sign, I hope I'm right.

Agreed - that's what stands out for me in that image. An improved wheel pivot, or just bad steering angle? Hoping for the former obviously!

EDIT: And A+ handling of the hype by Lego!

Edited by JonathanM

I doubt that the brakes will be functional, as they would wear much quicker than any other component of the set.  Lego puts a big emphasis on durability, and I have trouble believing that they'd start selling a set for replacing the brakes.  These will be for visual purposes only. 

Here are my speculations:

The rims will be new and unique to this set, same idea as the rims for the Porsche GT3. However, these rims will feature 3 integrated halfpins as well as 3 half stud holes. 

To this, a new molded part will come: a 5x5x0,5 or 6x6x0,5 disc, with 6-hole pattern, and some brake sticker applied to it. This part will be mounted on the rim, fitted with intergrated halfpins, and then the hole subassy will be mounted on the same steering hub as the one we already got from the Porsche and Claas set.

Sorry, I don’t believe we’re getting new hubs.

I suppose the brake disc-piece has 6 pinholes to connect the rims to the wheel hubs.

1 hour ago, Didumos69 said:

I suppose the brake disc-piece has 6 pinholes to connect the rims to the wheel hubs.

That means it will be compatible with the current motorcycle rims as well, right?

That is exactly what I mean. So a half stud thick 6x6 disc, mounted in-between the rim and wheel hub :)

Using the same wheel hub as we already have, it would be a legal connection. My only concern is that the setup will have quite some slack. First off, the small slack from the Porsche wheel hubs, plus the additional from the half stud disc.

20 minutes ago, Cumulonimbus said:

That means it will be compatible with the current motorcycle rims as well, right?

Of course! There will be nothing more to it than just a flat half stud disc that is 6x6 :) 

I think so, a brake disk should be a middle part between the disk and hub (both with pins), so the brake disk should have 6 holes.

23 minutes ago, MSc Shobaki said:

That is exactly what I mean. So a half stud thick 6x6 disc, mounted in-between the rim and wheel hub :)

Using the same wheel hub as we already have, it would be a legal connection. My only concern is that the setup will have quite some slack. First off, the small slack from the Porsche wheel hubs, plus the additional from the half stud disc.

Of course! There will be nothing more to it than just a flat half stud disc that is 6x6 :) 

I suppose it should be 1 stud thick to fit whole pins, at least where the pinholes are located.

37 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

I suppose it should be 1 stud thick to fit whole pins, at least where the pinholes are located.

If you look at the first teaser picture of the rims, you can see halfpins integrated in the design, as well as half stud deep holes. Thats why I think the disc would be half stud thick. 

I just hope it will have minimum slack altogether :)

12 minutes ago, MSc Shobaki said:

If you look at the first teaser picture of the rims, you can see halfpins integrated in the design, as well as half stud deep holes. Thats why I think the disc would be half stud thick. 

That would be great because the disc brakes would only cost half a stud offset.

13 minutes ago, MSc Shobaki said:

I just hope it will have minimum slack altogether :)

I hope so too.

Another option is that disk brakes could be integrated into this piece and be connected to the hub directly. It would be interesting to see such thing, but usability of it is very limited.

22 minutes ago, ibessonov said:

Another option is that disk brakes could be integrated into this piece and be connected to the hub directly. It would be interesting to see such thing, but usability of it is very limited.

I don’t think TLG would release it as so. Simply because that would make the hub + the rim unique to the Chiron. If I’m right, TLG would make only one part unique to a licenced set. That is a new set of rims for Porsche, new set of rims for Chiron. They would introduce a 6x6 flat disc with holes, but it wouldn’t be unique to Chiron. Same as with the steering hub for Porsche which is also a part of the Claas Tractor.

However, other parts that are unique could of course be the imprinted tile in the Porsche. The part itself isn’t new, but the print itself is.

Now I believe they will introduce the disc with Chiron, and then for the next motorcycle set use it as a disc brake as well :)

I personally think that working brake calipers will be implemented in this set whether it be with current hubs, custom hubs, or new hubs. I also think that the calipers will be pneumatic in order that they can work without PF because this set is already pretty much confirmed to not have Power Functions. Brake calipers would also be a good idea on TLG's part because the lego community has been asking for them for so long which is part of the reason I think TLG will implement calipers. Also, for people that think it would ruin MOC building, many people will still design their own hubs and brakes because they want a challenge or something functionally superior. 

20 minutes ago, Jack Bloomer said:

I also think that the calipers will be pneumatic in order that they can work without PF because this set is already pretty much confirmed to not have Power Functions.

Pneumatics would be unnecessarily complex IMHO, especially considering that a purely mechanical system could archieve the same result. TLC also seems reluctant to releasing pnematic systems in general (one set every one or two years).

There is a higher likelihood of power functions (as improbable as it is) being included than pneumatics. It is extremely hard to imagine pneumatics being included in a set of this type (hypercar, Technic Ultimate series)

I would say the chances of working brakes on this model is about 0%. More than likely as mentioned numerous times, a 6 hole part resembling a brake rotor to connect the wheels and possibly some regular bricks for calipers. I just hope the steering and front suspension are better than the Porsche. If Lego does stick to the real car specs and makes this all wheel drive like it should be, I expect the steering radius to be pretty bad.

4 hours ago, Meatman said:

I would say the chances of working brakes on this model is about 0%. More than likely as mentioned numerous times, a 6 hole part resembling a brake rotor to connect the wheels and possibly some regular bricks for calipers. I just hope the steering and front suspension are better than the Porsche. If Lego does stick to the real car specs and makes this all wheel drive like it should be, I expect the steering radius to be pretty bad.

There is something dealing with brakes; in 1920s drivers were complaining that brakes on Bugatti cars are much worse than on competition, so Ettore Bugatti answered them that he is making cars to drive and not to stop...so irronicaly you are probably right - there will be no functional brakes

6 hours ago, I_Igor said:

There is something dealing with brakes; in 1920s drivers were complaining that brakes on Bugatti cars are much worse than on competition, so Ettore Bugatti answered them that he is making cars to drive and not to stop...so irronicaly you are probably right - there will be no functional brakes

With the new intermediate disc brake pieces there might be so much slack in the wheels, the calipers may engage unintentionally :wink:.

Edited by Didumos69

20 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Why not a system wherein the brake calipers disengage when the car is rolled? I know, expecting waaaaaaaaay too much there... :cry_sad:

We already have that. It’s called not having brakes lol