Good point! But look around the wheel you see some technic beams :blush:

Car...not sure. The visible parts will probably be black/grey anyway. And we kinda know that it will be blue. Still hoping for black and blue, but rumors tell duo tone blue.

32950811_1758836727544192_3368090074800455680_n.jpg

Maybe it will be moddable to this 

d88046-1.jpg

The photo has certainly been posted in black and white to hide the blue.

Disc brakes indeed, wow! Please don't be awesome...please don't be awesome... $400 is my LEGO budget for an entire year and then some but I'm very excited for this :laugh:

23 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

There's a fake disc brake !!!

Yes, that is what I see as well.  If we are literal in this picture interpretation (it is really 42083) then I think this is something no one has anticipated thus far. 

Most likely, it's duo-tone blue, which perfectly matches the color scheme of the boat to go along with your nice car :laugh:

Bugatti+Niniette+66+&+Chiron.jpg?format=

Something else I found :sweet:

409493.jpg

Sorry for my semi-offtopic images. The van did put a smile on my face.

33 minutes ago, Jim said:

Most likely, it's duo-tone blue, which perfectly matches the color scheme of the boat to go along with your nice car :laugh:

Something else I found :sweet:

Sorry for my semi-offtopic images. The van did put a smile on my face.

Fun to see someone replicate both in Technic.  Likely possible with the piece selection and count that is likely to result from this set.....

Edited by Jim
Removed images from quote

I doubt the disc brakes will work. They are way better than the ones on the Porsche though. Maybe they are the reason for the pins in the wheels? 

59 minutes ago, therealjustin said:

The photo has certainly been posted in black and white to hide the blue.

That very likely indeed.

7 hours ago, Skiing Biology God said:

I don't think it is going to include the 24 tooth clutch gear, as those gears are only included in motorised models, for safety. It's probably going to be a new gear, as it is RIGHT next to the driving ring. Or maybe the same gear, just in a different colour.

The Porsche had a clutch gear actually, in case of the stalling gearbox.

30 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Actually looks like the logo on the hub reads "EB". Eurobricks? :laugh:

I'm guessing you're just making a joke, but in case someone doesn't get it, that EB logo is the company logo to honor the founder Ettore Bugatti.

What's interesting is the rather small wheel arch, from the few piecescwe see so far. Seems like a good sign, I hope I'm right.

I personally think the image has been intentionally grey-scaled by TLG so as to keep us in suspense for another week. :devil:

I finally understood :) , pins on rims are just for better look, so that they are not visible in the middle of rim ...

For me, there are two things that are basically deciding factors in terms of this set's quality. Authenticity to the original model (4 wheel drive, W16 engine, aesthetics, etc) and the functionality of the gearbox (PLEASE don't repeat 42056!) Everything else, no matter how it turns out, I can live with.

I don't recognise the parts used for the disk or the caliper, so I guess they are new parts. If they went though the trouble if making those, is it possible that they are functional?! Ah ah ah wait, must not raise expectations to crazy high levels like I did for the Porsche, just regular high :laugh:

2 hours ago, thatrabidhobo said:

I'm guessing you're just making a joke, but in case someone doesn't get it, that EB logo is the company logo to honor the founder Ettore Bugatti.

True :thumbup:

Depends on what you would consider "functional". Of course they can't actually "brake" the car but there's a possibility of the brake calipers moving. With the same scale and almost 900 more pieces, it is safe to assume that the functions are going to be more densely packed, which is a plus. Also, if the colour scheme of the car is the default, the calipers should be blue :P Nevertheless, I am pleasantly surprised with the new brake pieces.

5 minutes ago, Timoonn said:

calipers are not guaranteed.

Their inclusion or their functionality? I can clearly see calipers in the picture so if they aren't included in the set itself, that would make me angry. Their functionality is obviously speculation.

I believe that calipers are made of these pieces:

4649773 6117973

Or something close to it, this way it can get around the disk (presumably 5 modules in diameter) and fit into the rim.

Connection on the other side is a mistery in this case, but I'm sure it's possible.

Edited by ibessonov
spelling