2 hours ago, zux said:

To follow up with similar question:

What lessons (both design and functions) you've learned from Porsche and improved for Chiron?

I think one more important question is how much input did Bugatti officials had in the process of making it.

Here are some questions-

What is the process between an inspiration and then it's first submital to the whole Technic design team?  How much does a designer have to "pitch" his ideas, and is this done via round table discussions or is it more a present your idea and wait for a green light from a design review committee?

What is a typical day like for a Technic designer? How much of a designer's day goes into actually working with bricks? Does a designer work on one official set at a time or do they have to juggle multiple models in different stages of development? 

How much do the designers interact on a design? Are most models developed solo or do you ever work in tandem or as a team on a large set?  Do designers compete with each other, either formally or informally, to promote their projects? 

Are designers graded or rewarded in any way based on the number of sets sold? How much does sales drive the design process?  If a set becomes very popular and sells well, does this translate into any benefit for the designer? Bonus, raises, awards or recognition by upper management? 

What is the ratio between number of models submitted for review to green lighted projects? If a set is rejected, is there an iterational process that lets the designer refine and resubmit their ideas?  

Do you have to meet deadlines? How much freedom does a designer have to work on a new project or inspiration? Do you ever take your work home with you? Are there any "crunch" times where you are working up against a major deadline? Do designers ever work overtime?

Do the designers ever go out for a pint? What is the yearly Christmas party like for a Technic designer? Do you ever celebrate completing a design, or making any milestone?

How serious is the work atmosphere? Is it all business all the time, or is it layed back and casual? What gives the designers the most satisfaction, getting their project into production, or the sales numbers of a popular model?  

Do the designers fear the reaction of children to their projects, or do they look forward to the focus group results? Can the results of play testing totally kill a design? What is the average number of cycles of play testing a model will go through?  

When a designer is given a task to create the next flagship set, are they given a budget and a deadline, or does the bill of materials get hammered out after a successfully play tested model is developed? Are decisions on whether a model will be power function or pneumatic made prior to development or are designs selected based on what categories they fill? Are projects doled out to the designers by size, functionality, or category? When the yearly catalog of sets is being decided, do they segregate by size or by category, i.e. "We need 5 sets with 100 pieces, 3 sets with 500 pieces etc..." or is it "We need a supercar, 3 trucks, one airplane, and 3 motorcycles"?

I figure that my chances of becoming a Lego Technic Designer are actually less than zero so maybe if they answer a few of these questions, I might at least have an idea what it would be like to be one.   ? BH

Edited by Bublehead
Typo

14 minutes ago, Bublehead said:

Almost everything was answered in various interviews with designers so you might look them up before posting such questions.

4 minutes ago, Ivan_M said:

Almost everything was answered in various interviews with designers so you might look them up before posting such questions.

To be fair you can’t expect people to go digging through absolutely every designer interview. That’s not a very simple task to do, just so that you can post a comment on a thread with some new questions.

I think those questions are really interesting and I’d love to know the answers eventually.

Edited by Bartybum

11 minutes ago, Bublehead said:

Do you ever take your work home with you?

At least with Milan "Grohl" Reindl, you can have an answer for that by watching his YouTube videos.

I really hope most curves aren’t done with soft axels, but are there any other ways with this Chiron?

@Kasse It can be done skeletal style with angled connectors, but otherwise, it will be flex axles. However, the high parts count suggests that System parts will be abundant for the curves.

I have read all 12 pages, perhaps earlier was the answer to the question: how often in the future will be the release of new sets such as Porsche and Chiron? every two years or every one year? 

I mainly curious to know if the model will be AWD I think that is pretty important. Also, let’s assume for second that they release no new parts besides the rims, can we expect working mechanical brakes. Suspension, gearboxes, and AWD are common now and it would be nice to see a LEGO model by TLG with functional brakes.  That was a criticism I heard about the 42056 is that didn’t have working brakes. Also as much as i’m On the hype train about this car, I probably won’t be let down. I wasn’t let down by the 42056 so I doubt the 42083 won’t live up to expectations in my opinion. 

On 13-5-2018 at 8:20 AM, vorg said:

I have read all 12 pages, perhaps earlier was the answer to the question: how often in the future will be the release of new sets such as Porsche and Chiron? every two years or every one year? 

TLG won't answer these kind of questions. The answer is "We'll see".

On 10-5-2018 at 3:43 PM, Bublehead said:

Here are some questions

Thanks. Most of these questions were answered by the Technic team last year. However, I still need to post the interview. I will see if I can link the audio file, so you can simply listen to the interview.

51 minutes ago, LvdH said:

Sariel's review will be published June 2nd. 

Don't expect my review to be online the 2nd :tongue:

22 minutes ago, Jim said:

Ok, 3rd will do xD But well I just wonder when it'll hit the stores I had no news from my local store where we get stuff early usually. This thing has been hidden nicely!

What happened to one of your posts @Jim? It changed?

I was quoted. Hmm doesn't show up in my notifications either.

Edited by Aventador2004

4 hours ago, Jim said:

Jim, if I can make it while handling my wedding, my honeymoon trip and the trip to Denmark, then surely you can too :P

1 hour ago, Sariel said:

Jim, if I can make it while handling my wedding, my honeymoon trip and the trip to Denmark, then surely you can too :P

I actually have a bachelor party (not mine) the 2nd of June, and with my age recovery will take some time :P

45 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

@Sariel Did you have to fly to denmark and physically sign an NDA

We do get the set beforehand so we can come up with interesting questions. This info has been relayed today :thumbup: 

I am guessing they will receive it very soon, this week or the week after :wink: 

2 hours ago, Sariel said:

Sleep is for the weak :wink: .