Seems a tad weird to release something on May 16th and reveal it on June 1st :laugh: 

2 hours ago, Skiing Biology God said:

I seriously don't know how (and even if) you will be able to buy the Chiron on 16 May if the unveiling is supposed to be 1 June. Maybe the 16 May release date is for some other exclusive set, not 42083.

The sign at the Genava auto show said that it will be available at Lego shops in May. :sceptic:

lego-technic-bugatti-chiron-42083-teaser

4 hours ago, LvdH said:

Seems a tad weird to release something on May 16th and reveal it on June 1st :laugh: 

So it's a DeLorean after all :tongue:

Let's try to be patient and wait what's coming. Hopefully (for me) the reveal will be on the date stated on the LEGO Website. We will be in The LEGO House and I can't think of a better place to unveil (literally) such a nice model.

Jim, I'll keep the thumbs up that they show it there at that date, when you are there.

57 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Jim, I'll keep the thumbs up that they show it there at that date, when you are there.

:thumbup: 

Last year it was the Old Fishing Store. This will hopefully be even better :classic: 

5 hours ago, SheldonF said:

There are two sets to be released on the 16th. 

Well if one is the rollercoaster, maybe the other one is the usual Creator Expert car? 

4 hours ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

Well if one is the roller coaster, maybe the other one is the usual Creator Expert car? 

Usually comes out in August the creator expert cars but who knows at this point.  I'm still speculating it's the Bugatti just because the Geneva sign said May..that's a pretty big error if it is one. I still think June it will be available via Lego Store and August to everyone else. 

As no one has firm confirmation the second May set is Bugatti and Lego are making such a fuss about 1st June reveal, I am moving towards the idea that 16th May will be something completely different. It could be the Ninjago Dockyard, the next Ideas set or maybe even some complete surprise.

No leaks of Bugatti yet would also support that it hasn´t reached brand stores.

Of course it is something different. The LEGO website clearly shows the countdown timer for the Bugatti. Couldn’t be more clear than that. 

So they showed May in Geneva? Well, they probably moved it one day and made it June, big deal :tongue: 

1 hour ago, valenciaeric said:

As no one has firm confirmation the second May set is Bugatti and Lego are making such a fuss about 1st June reveal, I am moving towards the idea that 16th May will be something completely different. It could be the Ninjago Dockyard, the next Ideas set or maybe even some complete surprise.

No leaks of Bugatti yet would also support that it hasn´t reached brand stores.

I think you are right. It's probably Ninjago Dockyard or Voltron then. 

20 minutes ago, tpvelo said:

I think you are right. It's probably Ninjago Dockyard or Voltron then. 

Ninjago Dockyard isn't D2C and Voltron should come later.

Let's take a rest for a day or two. If there's tangible info of useful content, send me a PM :wink: 

Exciting news guys!! I will be live at the unveiling of the Chiron in Billund on the 1st of June.

Even more exciting; I will meet the LEGO designers and real-life car designers, and we get to ask questions.

Soopadoopa exciting; there will be a copy for me to bring back home.

I am not really sure how many questions each Fan Media will be able to ask, but I suggest we compile a list of potential questions.

It would be nice to know details about the design and the choices made towards it, but knowing nothing about the model besides its rims makes that a bit hard...

3 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

It would be nice to know details about the design and the choices made towards it, but knowing nothing about the model besides its rims makes that a bit hard...

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. I got this message

...we hope you’ll use that copy offered to your RLFM to build a shortlist of technical questions for both LEGO designers and real-life supercar designers as you’ll meet both here in Billund.

Which kinda implies that we will receive the set and have some time to come up with the questions. I'd rather come up with potential questions beforehand.

Nothing really pops into mind other than:

1. What was the most challenging part to design (both functional and aesthetic parts)? (Lego designers)

2. What was the most fun part to design? (Lego designers)

3. How did you get into the design industry? (both Lego and Bugatti designers)

4. What do you enjoy about your work? (both Lego & Bugatti designers)

You could also ask how much input was there from the Bugatti designers for the Lego model, although I’m pretty sure the answer for that will be “heaps”

As for specific questions, I’d like to know whether they tested the build with other colour combinations before settling on what we’re getting.

Edited by Bartybum

51 minutes ago, Jim said:

Soopadoopa exciting; there will be a copy for me to bring back home.

Sorry to hear that, now there'll be a lot of people expecting a thoroughly written review with crisp pictures from you on the day the review ban is lifted... :grin:

46 minutes ago, zweihander said:

Sorry to hear that, now there'll be a lot of people expecting a thoroughly written review with crisp pictures from you on the day the review ban is lifted... :grin:

Hehe if only that were true :laugh:

Actually I have a bachelor party on the 2nd of June, so I won't even be able to start building :angry:

54 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Nothing really pops into mind other than:

I'd be interested to see if we get new panels to to cope with the large curve behind the door, after all they did introduce a new panel with the Porsche to do the wings?

I wonder how ugly would the Chiron turn out if those exact same panels were used, vertically, for those areas behind the doors?