6 hours ago, Rudivdk said:

From what I see I like it so far. But I wonder how they did the front grille piece, bottom seems rounded but should be flat... That grille is what distinguishes it as a Bugatti, so that part at least should be spot on:sceptic:

But I agree, noone else seems to care about general shape and trademarks, it's all focussing on gaps that should or should not be there... 

For me, a bodywork can have as many gaps as needed as long as it 'flows' fluently and resembles general shape correctly. 

I like the Porsche for that reason also...

I guess that we'll be getting some of those new wheel arch parts in normal blue. At least I think that the rear is normal blue.

Given the abundance of dark azure in last and this year, as well as the rather gratuitous use of a wheel arch for the Rally Car's spoiler, I wouldn't be surprised if those elements were intended to be used in the Chiron, to help soften the cost of new mould/colour combos.

A "gapless" bodywork isn´t a priority for the TLC designers and it never will be. Above all, it´s getting more and more impossible since all the recent color variations in blue don´t offer flex axles, angled connectors and other smaller elements to come close to that abstract goal.

However a comparison to the 8880 supercar is completely redundant IMO. We are living in the studless era now. For example I have sitting 8880 on my shelf directly next to the 42056 Porsche. Absolutely nothing to compare - it´s always the one and only nostalgic assessment which comes to my mind.

2 minutes ago, Meatman said:

I guess that we'll be getting some of those new wheel arch parts in normal blue. At least I think that the rear is normal blue.

That´s my biggest hope! The blurry picture seems to reveal that, but who knows, maybe we will get parts in another new shade of blue again..

57 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

Given the abundance of dark azure in last and this year, as well as the rather gratuitous use of a wheel arch for the Rally Car's spoiler, I wouldn't be surprised if those elements were intended to be used in the Chiron, to help soften the cost of new mould/colour combos.

That's exactly what I was going to post, makes complete sense.

Unfortunately I made Dougalds Aston Martin Vantage GT3 in the assumed Bugatti colours (before I knew this was coming)

https://imgur.com/Qq7lAHw

I didn't realize how rare Dark Azure was since all the parts were easy to find in this colour. I guess 2017 is when they released all all the parts in Dark Azure

I'm really okay with gaps, just please, please, please make sections removable or open up so we can see the gearbox/engine block easily!  That was the toughest part for me to swallow from the Porsche.  I'm also excited to see how these new wheels work and what effect it will have moving forward.

1 hour ago, SheldonF said:

I didn't realize how rare Dark Azure was since all the parts were easy to find in this colour. I guess 2017 is when they released all all the parts in Dark Azure

Actually, the 1H sets have contributed massively as well, including a large wheel arch.

I have been watching this thread now for a while but since @Leviathan has not posted his model, I will.  He had a working WIP thread here:

I thought it would be best to post here (I will let him post his  finished youtube video on his own WIP)  because of the proximity to completion and the release of 42083 (this thread).  Now, the easy and tempting outcome would be to compare 42083 and models such as the one above.   Fun exercise, to be sure, but not fair for reasons I will not re-hash here, but have been more than vocal about on other similar threads, mainly 42056's.

However, couple of things I would like to point out are: 

- I can both see, and not see 3500 pieces for 42083 (even though all we have is  a lousy picture).  I can see it, b/c, certainly it is possible in a 1/8 scale model.  @Leviathan rendition is indeed approx. 500 pieces even more than the purported 3500 of 42083.  But you can see how this is possible in the video.  Incredibly dense build, full , dense chassis and except for a slightly raised roof a near flawless, gapless body (and in many parts, overlapping panels).  3500 pieces in a 1/8 scale model?  Totally possible, and even then some.  However, I say I can't see this in 42083's future  because I know TLG will not produce something as dense and gapless as the above.  No way, no how.  Not to mention @Leviathan's model is jammed packed with functions.  Simply will not happen.  I am not doubting 3500 pieces right now, I just don't, as with others, see where those pieces will all go. 

- In my opinion, small gaps are fine.  But they only  increase my doubt about the 3500 pieces, or at least increase my curiosity as to where all that extra beef goes. 

- Expectations for the car will continue to be variable, but IMO, will be relatively bimodal, with one camp understanding that Lego is still a toy (even if it is tailored to adults), that has restrictions that AFOLs don't ( @Leviathanmodel above uses pieces whose molds likely have been destroyed for years, if not decades....i.e old panels), etc. and the other camp not getting that at all.   I certainly fall into the former camp. 

- I will likely end up buying the Bugatti - not really to build it (though I certainly will) as much as for a parts pack - because I know many out there in our wonderful community will eventually present models that will lead to countless hours of fun and creative building for others.  @Didumos69 nearly single-handedly provided many hundreds of hours, across many different individuals, of play/building for 42056.  I am sure we will see something similar from others with the Chiron.  Paul Boratko has created several wonderful new cars, that although are not exact B models for the Porsche, that bviously really ely on the set if one wishes to build them.   I am sure he, or others, or combination of both with use the Chiron as a parts pack to create several stunning new builds. 

My point is - if TLG does not meet your expectations with this car, have no fear!  Turn to the members who comprise this and other AFOL communities; I am sure some creation will result from 42083 that will.

What I like about Leviathans model is that it clearly shows that regular blue color would be perfectly fine and that the different shades of blue are not necessary to produce at all.

I agree. I've got a lot of regular blue, quite possibly more than red, and also have a couple blue supercars built. I think the regular blue has always been the best blue. It does seem like the rear of the Chiron is the regular blue which means we'll likely get some soft axles and panels in that set! 

May be I was not enough careful, but I still do not understand:

- would be this set somehow motorized?

- would be this set exclusive like 41999 or 75105, that means limited edition?

12 minutes ago, Ox1337 said:

May be I was not enough careful, but I still do not understand:

- would be this set exclusive like 41999 or 75105, that means limited edition?

No (out of the box, not likely) and No.

(75105 limited? Just a short production run, but I don't see any mentions of it being limited)

11 minutes ago, Ox1337 said:

Yes, I mean about limited production.

Technically, every set is limited, because the production ends at some point. But you mean "Limited" like the 41999, which only had 20.000 copies. The 75105 wasn't limited in the number of sets that were availabl (at least not that I know).

This set will most likely, like the Porsche, be available for the next two years. Like every set it will go out of production, but it's not what we call a "Limited" set. 

1 minute ago, Ox1337 said:

Great, so I'll be able to buy it on NY 2020 discounts or something like this :laugh:

Hehe. Hope so for you :thumbup:

I believe that motorisation is unrealistic as it would cost 500+ USD. Though I expect some sort of unique features, maybe a convertible roof function or functional disc brakes. I wouldn't much appreciate it if it were a copy of the Porsche's functions, so it needs something more. With 900 extra pieces, I can trust Lego to come up with something interesting. About the gap thing, I could care less as long as the set looks aesthetically pleasing and faithful to the real car. Also, bonus points if it includes new elements and/or colours, I'm excited about those new rims.

5 hours ago, Ox1337 said:

I'm 99% sure it won't be motorized officially. I reserve that 1% for some Power Functions options like controlling the rear wing, but it won't be driving/steering for sure. Lego does not have a viable option at the moment to power a car at this size and weight.

9 hours ago, bekesizoltan said:

This is epic.

Video is awesome, but is there any specific reason why the hand of god steering steers the opposite direction of the steering wheel and wheels? :sceptic: The bottom of the windshield also seems to be in the way of the hog knob.

Edited by Meatman

@Meatman Someone (you by any chance?) pointed out that issue in the comments. He said it was a small building mistake and already fixed it. 

23 minutes ago, LvdH said:

@Meatman Someone (you by any chance?) pointed out that issue in the comments. He said it was a small building mistake and already fixed it. 

This is the first time that I've seen the video. It was quite obvious that it was turning the wrong direction. Seems like something that would be quite noticeable when making the video. :laugh:

Edited by Meatman

Reserved one at the store here and if all goes well and we get stuff early here as usual... all I have to do is wait...

Don't care about gaps myself, I still see 8880 and later 8448 as the pinnacle of Technic sets, so if they make something that looks good and has a bit better functions than the Porsche, I'll be happy to find a place for the model.

Edited by Ascius