So, good news:

• Iconic color combination
  • Tan interior (hopefully that means System details, considering we don't have many Technic tan pieces)
  • The iconic curve behind the doors seems well done

Bad news:

• The gaps, oh god the gaps. It doesn't bode well that even blurred out (which should help cover the gaps), they are still clearly distinguishable.

In the end, I'm thinking it well end up in the "passable" category. Basically - as expected. A good representation, adequate detailing given the parts and required complexity (or should I say simplicity), but nothing even remotely evoking the accuracy that MOCs can offer. 

I'm okay with reasonable gaps. The open gaps on certain areas of the Porsche are not reasonable in my opinion, such as the ones under the headlights, for how much that set costs. The same can also be said though about Technic models that try to fill in every possible negative space with panels or connectors; it can look just as bad. There needs to be a balance.

2 hours ago, therealjustin said:

There needs to be a balance.

:thumbup:, that's part of what makes it Lego and not your average scale model IMO. Makes it unique, even if we aren't all satisfied

Yikes, 42083 already getting hate, from a blurry photo that might show it?

I wonder how bad 8880 would be received +20 years after original release?

1.The three visible gaps on the lower front are the air intakes.

2. The one up and to the right... Is a gap in the bodywork.

3. I'm excited, so far it looks good! I'm hoping for med. blue! *rain of abuse follows*

OMG, gaps, holes... I'll skip it and save wallet for 2h sets....:laugh:

its a sarcasm:wink:

Edited by rm8

From what I see I like it so far. But I wonder how they did the front grille piece, bottom seems rounded but should be flat... That grille is what distinguishes it as a Bugatti, so that part at least should be spot on:sceptic:

Well there's a gap right in front of the wheel arch, but there is no gap like that in the real car :/

And there seem to be gaps on both sides of the hood also.

banner-42083.jpg

bugattichiron.jpg

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

I don't agree with all the criticism on gaps. It's LEGO, gaps are part of it. Even so-called "gapless" MOCs have gaps if you look close enough. 

Anyway, I think this is quite possibly the new version of the Chiron revealed a while ago. The front looks a lot like it and it does make sense given the fact they had to hide it from even the store catalog, like the Mack last wave.

Not only the noticeable gaps on the blurry picture, but seeing the comparison pictures above, I also noted, that 42083 will lack the complete windshield too! Lego is trying to cheating us on saving parts, or what?

:tongue:

One of polish online shops put the price tags:
2199 PLN ($650)
with discount to
1699 PLN  ($500)

That's insane! I have booked in my local store for ~1700 PLN

Edited by irekk

Gap's and gapless...

Rubbish or flawless..

I don't get it; most of the people are already full of criticism.

Remember it IS only LEGO and it IS a toy.

If you want no gaps and flawlessness get the real thing.

Edited by JunkstyleGio

Agreed. When TLG started using panels, we didn't want them because Technic should show the inner workings etc. And now we want an entirely covered car where every nook and cranny is hidden, because it's "UCS".

Let's wait till we see the actual pictures, instead of bashing it beforehand.

Just now, Maaboo35 said:

Hopefully the engine will be a bit more visible this time. They missed out the one gap on the Porsche that mattered.

That I agree with :laugh:

Isn't the engine already visible in the back view?

buggatichiron12-768x513.jpg

I do wish the engine is in mini size like that in Mack instead of usual size.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Fair enough point. I'm not sure, the gaps might look bad, or they might look good. I don't think expecting no gaps is that unreasonable. If it is done well, it looks great, like 8880, but if it is done wrong, or inconsistently, it looks bad. I'm reserving judgement until I can see an actual picture of the model. What I am more keen on is the mechanical functions, like the gearbox, adjustable suspension, and spoiler. If Lego does a repeat of 42056, in regards to functions,I'll be flipping tables.

1 hour ago, Saberwing40k said:

Fair enough point. I'm not sure, the gaps might look bad, or they might look good. I don't think expecting no gaps is that unreasonable. If it is done well, it looks great, like 8880, but if it is done wrong, or inconsistently, it looks bad. I'm reserving judgement until I can see an actual picture of the model. What I am more keen on is the mechanical functions, like the gearbox, adjustable suspension, and spoiler. If Lego does a repeat of 42056, in regards to functions,I'll be flipping tables.

That's a good point. A commitment to wireframe or partial bodywork would no doubt look excellent; I would point to Sariel's Zonda as another good example of this. But if it has gaps to save pieces or as a result of unfocused design then it will be clear to see.

While a fully panelled body would be the ideal for many, that would be another couple of hundred pieces at least, when adding in whatever changes would be made to the chassis to make sure the bodywork doesn't fall off if you look at it funny.

Don't care about gaps, 8880 looks great with all its gaps and building body work can be tedious with too many parts that don't do anything. I want new functional parts and authentic mechanics. So even when I see a hi Res picture I won't know if it's for me until I know more about its inner workings and how true to real life they are.

3 minutes ago, allanp said:

I want new functional parts

I'm optimistic in that regard: since there was only a single new mould for this year's first half (the Mack dog), I believe that this year's budget for new moulds went all to the 2H sets.

Everyone talking about gaps, noone talking about the circular horse-shoe grill. That doesn't compute :).