1 hour ago, AVCampos said:

I'd say it's a good thing. It prevents (or, more realistically, delays) copycat companies from copycatting the set, while from our (fans) perspective it changes nothing to when we're able to lay our hands in it. The only (subjective) disadvantage is that we see its details later.

The copycat companies can't copy the actual set until they get it though right? I guess they could use the official Lego images and make up a mock package to start selling preorders or something.

1 hour ago, Meatman said:

The copycat companies can't copy the actual set until they get it though right? I guess they could use the official Lego images and make up a mock package to start selling preorders or something.

Sounds plausible, and Chiron is ultimate set, so LEGO does not need ultimate disappointment 

4 hours ago, Meatman said:

Can't believe the Chiron is a month away from release and not one picture has surfaced yet. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

Some Polish Lego store has probably put them on the shelves by mistake....

5 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

One would hope :) I wonder if we will see a Y-wing review soon...

1 hour ago, valenciaeric said:

What you talking about? Thought that Chiron was released 2017... At least I saw it then on the shelf in Polish shop. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

23 hours ago, LvdH said:

At Geneva Motorsports there was a poster with coming May 1st on it. Some say that is the VIP release date. Also, that's just one month away!

I think at 1st May will be the press release, because on hungarian offical Lego Store homepage is a pre-order opportunity, and this page says: it will be available for purchase at Lego Stores, in limited number from 1st June of 2018. Online pre-order option is available until 27th May or until stock last. So I think 1st June is the VIP release day.

link

Edited by jura93

Eh ... I just hope, that it will be possible to build from parts I have ... I will not buy it definately at my present state.

At some point I considered to sell some sets I have, to buy the Bugatti, and then start to make collection, starting from Porsche, which I already have.

25 minutes ago, Jurss said:

Eh ... I just hope, that it will be possible to build from parts I have ... I will not buy it definately at my present state.

At some point I considered to sell some sets I have, to buy the Bugatti, and then start to make collection, starting from Porsche, which I already have.

Sadly it seems the Bugatti already has unique wheels that probably won't work with any existing suspension elements :hmpf_bad:

53 minutes ago, JTS said:

Sadly it seems the Bugatti already has unique wheels that probably won't work with any existing suspension elements :hmpf_bad:

If you are willing to risk breaking the pins on those wheels you can put wedge belt wheels on them so they are compatible other the current "triple-axle" hubs.

1 hour ago, Jurss said:

Don't worry, I was thinking the same as you when Lego released Porsche. But I managed to buy it way cheaper than the nominal price. I think it was £164 at UK Tesco website. So maybe you will find some good opportunity to buy it cheaper. :) 

Meanwhile, polish price will be ~400 EUR, available in stationary shops in first week of June. The shop where im buying pretty much all my sets, already ordered few boxes.

21 hours ago, Jaromir said:

What you talking about? Thought that Chiron was released 2017... At least I saw it then on the shelf in Polish shop. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

A joke. UCS Y Wing was accidentally revealed by a Polish brand store.

2 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

A joke. UCS Y Wing was accidentally revealed by a Polish brand store.

Yeah I know, just was trying to make a joke as well about the chiron :p

Hi guys. Not sure if anybody mention that before. When was Lego was designing Porsche model, they have tried to make the assembly process similar to assembly of a real car. That most significant similarity was "wedding" process, connecting drive line (chassis) with the frame (body). In case of Chiron, which is assembled manually, not by robotized line, there is one significant moment during assembly process. The engine with the rear compartment is basically sliding in to the front of the Chiron and being bolted together by 12-16 bolts. Do you think that Lego Chiron assembly will be exactly the same way as real one? Underneath you can find the link to the video exactly at the minute of assembly.

@Jaromir it's called engine marriage and as you say its when the Body and Drivetrain get joined together. its actually very common for cars built on a production line, you'll have 1 line building up the body and another assembling the engine & suspension and then at a certain point in time you'll bring the 2 together in a marriage.

As you rightly point out the Chiron isn't line built, this is very common on high end low volume supercars, think Enzo etc. If they're doing the Lego model in a similar way I'd expect you to build up the "tub" and then offer the rear end up to it. However even as an automotive engineer I'd prefer the lego model to be the "best it can be" without being strict about trying to be built like the real car.

7 minutes ago, Seasider said:

@Jaromir it's called engine marriage and as you say its when the Body and Drivetrain get joined together. its actually very common for cars built on a production line, you'll have 1 line building up the body and another assembling the engine & suspension and then at a certain point in time you'll bring the 2 together in a marriage.

As you rightly point out the Chiron isn't line built, this is very common on high end low volume supercars, think Enzo etc. If they're doing the Lego model in a similar way I'd expect you to build up the "tub" and then offer the rear end up to it. However even as an automotive engineer I'd prefer the lego model to be the "best it can be" without being strict about trying to be built like the real car.

Sorry for my vocabulary mistakes, couldn't remember if it was marriage or wedding :D. And I totally agree with you. I prefer to see better looking finished model than having nice time during build, however that would be a nice surprise :)

On 4/2/2018 at 12:21 PM, Meatman said:

Can't believe the Chiron is a month away from release and not one picture has surfaced yet. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

I thought they said "On shelves August 1" has something changed? 

@Jaromir - sorry I was aware English isn’t your first language and I wasn’t criticising just wanted to give the correct term and explain it a bit. Still got my fingers crossed this is going to be a good model

10 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

I thought they said "On shelves August 1" has something changed? 

Yes.

Lego states "June 1st 2018" on their homepage:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/themes/technic/bugatti-chiron?ignorereferer=true

But LEGO had a small display with a few parts from the Chiron at the Geneva motorshow that said "May, 2018"

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/profile/5849-tripletschiee/&do=content&type=forums_topic_post&change_section=1

My guess is that they'll reveal the car May 1st, like pics, features etc and release for VIP June 1 and then Aug 1 for public. 

2 minutes ago, SheldonF said:

My guess is that they'll reveal the car May 1st, like pics, features etc and release for VIP June 1 and then Aug 1 for public. 

+1 :thumbup:

22 hours ago, SheldonF said:

So does Jim have it for review already?! :wink:

Just now, allanp said:

So does Jim have it for review already?! :wink:

TLG sending me the set BEFORE the actual reveal. Not so much :tongue:

No news from the reviewing front, so don't get your hopes up for an early review.

15 minutes ago, Jim said:

TLG sending me the set BEFORE the actual reveal. Not so much :tongue:

...and you are so impressed with Chiron that you want to keep this impression just for yourself :laugh: