Very blurry box image has blue and dark blue or blue and black...

7 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Very blurry box image has blue and dark blue or blue and black...

Yup. And it appears to be a regular non-lego car. Hence a fake box image.

Nice way to advertise a Youtube channelĀ :hmpf_bad:

c595586b491836bb2135fb603c2f4e5997ce0e2f

1 minute ago, Jim said:

Yup. And it appears to be a regular non-lego car. Hence a fake box image.

It looked wired to me - more like Veyron that like Chiron...

Come on guys... It is real Chiron picture pasted on the box looking like Porsche box and wholeĀ image was blurred, so we couldn't see if it is a model made of Lego bricks or real car.Ā 

1 minute ago, Jaromir said:

Come on guys... It is real Chiron picture pasted on the box looking like Porsche box and wholeĀ image was blurred, so we couldn't see if it is a model made of Lego bricks or real car.Ā 

Exactly. I don't get it that people actually fall for this (click bait, fake news) stuff.Ā 

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

Exactly. I don't get it that people actually fall for this (click bait, fake news) stuff.Ā 

I can understand that, because of that whole excitation about new Chiron. So some clever bastards are making profit out of itĀ :devil::laugh::tongue:

Just now, Jaromir said:

I can understand that, because of that whole excitation about new Chiron. So some clever bastards are making profit out of itĀ :devil::laugh::tongue:

I can understand that you search for pictures, but seeing a blurry box image like that screams fake. And it's not even a LEGO model. Go the extra mile, copy and paste a fan model (copyright alert...alarm bells) and try to make it believable.

1 minute ago, Jim said:

I can understand that you search for pictures, but seeing a blurry box image like that screams fake. And it's not even a LEGO model. Go the extra mile, copy and paste a fan model (copyright alert...alarm bells) and try to make it believable.

Yeah exactly, well I am pretty sure we will some images from Lego in the first half of April.

1 minute ago, Jaromir said:

Yeah exactly, well I am pretty sure we will some images from Lego in the first half of April.

Yup, I expect end of April, beginning of May.

14 hours ago, Jim said:

Yup, I expect end of April, beginning of May.

And it better be it or else!

On 2/2/2018 at 4:11 AM, cloud said:

As i see it the video hints to an all black Chiron as the rims on the real car in the video match the Lego rims in the teaser photo almost exactly. The real car is all black in the video without even the blue line curving around the door as seen in some paint variants. It could be that Lego chose to display an all black Chiron so as not to give away the real colours. Personally I'm hoping for a light blue on dark blue colour scheme,Ā AWD, and accurate suspension geometry this time. Ā I suppose dark gray on dark blue would be classy too. Why else have an extra 900 pieces vs the Porsche? If it is all extra brick built prettiness on a 2wd chassis I may skip it.

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, but I think that's what they did with the 42056, where it was black with some black/white camouflage stickers... I would consider this to be the norm for any other future sets of this kind (if there will be any).

At Geneva Motorsports there was a poster with coming May 1st on it. Some say that is the VIP release date. Also, that's just one month away!

10 minutes ago, LvdH said:

At Geneva Motorsports there was a poster with coming May 1st on it. Some say that is the VIP release date. Also, that's just one month away!

Some are probably just guessing it will be the VIP release date.

The Beijing motor show is on for a few days either side of 1st May, but I canā€™t imagine Lego releasing it there :)

I suppose LEGO is currently finalizing the model, which means removing some functions and introducing some unnecessary friction here and there. I hope this model has as much to improve as the Porsche had.

Edited by Didumos69

19 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

I suppose LEGO is currently finalizing the model

Impossible, model has to be finished months ago, pieces count is already known. Also remember - they have to make instructions, design and print everything, then package and ship. That takes time.

11 minutes ago, ibessonov said:

Impossible, model has to be finished months ago, pieces count is already known. Also remember - they have to make instructions, design and print everything, then package and ship. That takes time.

He was joking. Read the rest of his postĀ :wink:

It's called sarcasmĀ :tongue:

Ohhh, I can feel the tension in the air. Chiron is somewhere close behind the corner.:laugh:

Ā 

4 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

I suppose LEGO is currently finalizing the model, which means removing some functions and introducing some unnecessary friction here and there. I hope this model has as much to improve as the Porsche had.

Any more "news" afterĀ AprilĀ FoolĀ“s dayĀ :laugh:?..Ā 

From the industrial business point of view I canĀ“t immagine there are still improvements going on. Instead I suppose the conveyor belts are running day and night to supply theĀ numbers for the hungry market launch.Ā 

Another thought that came to my mind which I didnĀ“t hear so far anywhere, in the speculation section as well: could it be possible that we are getting 2 x alternative liveries for a (detachable?) bodywork in different color schemes :excited:? That would definitelyĀ explain the high parts count..

19 minutes ago, brunojj1 said:

could it be possible that we are getting 2 x alternative liveries for a (detachable?) bodywork in different color schemes :excited:? That would definitelyĀ explain the high parts count..

Would be great, also because I believe that a supercar of over 3000 pieces can hardly be playable.

Can't believe the Chiron is a month away from release and not one picture has surfaced yet. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

I'd say it's a good thing. It prevents (or, more realistically, delays) copycat companies from copycatting the set, while from our (fans) perspective it changes nothing to when we're able to lay our hands in it. The only (subjective) disadvantage is that we see its details later.