10 hours ago, Jaromir said:

I hope it will be light and dark blue, black is too common color, light azure with black will make chiron looking like air racing jet model with vertical take off, can't remember the number, sorry. For me connection of those two colors look fantastic, and I hope lego model will be in that colors.

By the way, do you think guys, if there will be any addition to the Chiron model, like Porsche had a tool bag. Is the Bugatti giving any gadgets to real cars which is specific to their brand? Like Rolls Royce is giving the umbrellas whicjlh are usually stored in the car doors.

you mean 42066 set?

On 2/2/2018 at 10:38 PM, Pas_de_nice said:

Thought you guys might like my attempt at doing a W16! It is a bit longer than the one visible on the trailer, but has a nicer look IMO. Of course it has a single crankshaft.

Though I appreciate the attempt - and your W16 certainly looks great - I think it does need quite some improvements to make it work in real life. There are some bricks connected with only one stud and the thin liftarms are likely to collide with the cilinders, which will cause the engine to stutter or even fall apart as it is brick-built.

800x450.jpg800x450.jpg

Edited by Didumos69

59 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

you mean 42066 set?

Yup, that's the one. I have it btw. Quite cool model, really big one.

Just now, Jaromir said:

Yup, that's the one. I have it btw. Quite cool model, really big one.

glad you like it :classic:

On 2.02.2018 at 9:38 PM, Pas_de_nice said:

Thought you guys might like my attempt at doing a W16! It is a bit longer than the one visible on the trailer, but has a nicer look IMO. Of course it has a single crankshaft.

w16_v2_Copy%20%234.png

Have you ever built that engine? Or you just designed it in the program. What is the name of that program btw? Engine looks fantastic!

@Didumos69, you're totally right, that's why I called it an attempt. Initially I just wanted to check if it was possible to get two rows of pistons closer one from the other than what we can see on the video. Obviously using the technic motor cylinder it is impossible, that's probably why the one from the official video looks way too tall compared to the real engine. Also, I wanted to test the feasibility of having a single crankshaft, because as pointed out by several members here, the one from 42083 is likely to have 3 crankshafts. However I did not spend time to refine the design, it is basically a preliminary sketch where I tried to get all the essential parts where I wanted them to be using the smallest amount of parts. It turned out not so bad so I decided to share it, but did not optimize it at all for structural strength.

@Jaromir, I used LDD to model it. I do not plan to build it now, but who knows...

I've just learned that the rear spoiler of Chiron goes up in a vertical position to act as a air brake when the disc brakes are engaged. I wonder how would this be recreated in this set.

1 minute ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I wonder how would this be recreated in this set.

I wonder IF this...

Maybe it's ommited like some of the cool functions on the Porsche.

True dream car, when I see video I see that LEGO accepted great challenge :devil:

Edited by I_Igor

On 22/02/2018 at 2:51 PM, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I've just learned that the rear spoiler of Chiron goes up in a vertical position to act as a air brake when the disc brakes are engaged. I wonder how would this be recreated in this set.

There are actually a few super cars that use the rear wing as an air brake for braking from high speed. It also helps keep the rear planted as the weight shifts forward under braking.

McLarens do this, I think the Veyron did and I think we the new Ford GT may too.

As I have looked at more pictures of the Bugatti Chiron (the real one) I am more and more worried that Lego will have a hard time keeping the car flat.  It's such a low, sleek design, I worry that Lego's version will be so concerned about making it curvy, that it will become tall and egg shaped.

I just found these pcitures on FB.

That is nothing, what most of us would do to Technic bricks, but it seems to work. And to be honest, it looks cool.

28377621_10211655941894445_2262700790990

28279654_10211655942494460_6126031542332

Edited by tripletschiee

The Porsche is currently at a 31% discount on amazon.de, selling for only 206 EUR. I'd expect the same for the Chiron after some months, or even 2 years. No one with a constrained budget in the right mind would buy these luxury items at MSRP.  

3 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

W-w-what the thing is that? Does the builder cut and fuse the cylinders?

Yup, that is what this guy did. He filed/sawed the corners off and put everything close together.

6 minutes ago, tripletschiee said:

Yup, that is what this guy did. He filed/sawed the corners off and put everything close together.

It does look pretty good.  And the job he did is quite nice.  Though if you look really hard you can tell they have been cut.  The variation in the cut studs at the top is too great to have been done by a mold. 

4 hours ago, tripletschiee said:

That is nothing, what most of us would do to Technic bricks, but it seems to work. And to be honest, it looks cool.

Yes, it really looks cool. Even the half-studs matches perfectly. I can not say that this part is really required, but I don't mind if we got it as the official TLG part. However, returning back to the topic, I still afraid that TLG will put a simple V-shape engine... 

22 minutes ago, Void_S said:

I still afraid that TLG will put a simple V-shape engine.

In the preview there was no simple V-engine, so I hope, Your worries won't become real.

44 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

There is this solution for the W16 that uses a single crankshaft. It's too big though.

It seems that there are some serious build problems, because of that shaking, rattling. Interesting concept, of course. Maybe somehow those walves are the reason, but seems something more serious.

And

4 hours ago, tripletschiee said:

And here ist the crankshaft. Seems, as if he also thinned som connection plates.

28576704_10211656048257104_5209066281032

Dont forget:

All unmodified Lego. Though too small for 42083.

Honestly, the above looks a little messy from underneath, though from above looks great. Id like to see it in action.

On 3/2/2018 at 2:10 PM, tripletschiee said:

And

And here ist the crankshaft. Seems, as if he also thinned som connection plates.

yes plates look thinner, but as older I'm, less sympathies I have for cutting pieces / parts :sceptic: