Thought you guys might like my attempt at doing a W16! It is a bit longer than the one visible on the trailer, but has a nicer look IMO. Of course it has a single crankshaft.

w16_v2_Copy%20%234.png

Edited by Pas_de_nice

17 hours ago, Pas_de_nice said:

Thought you guys might like my attempt at doing a W16! It is a bit longer than the one visible on the trailer, but has a nicer look IMO. Of course it has a single crankshaft.

Excellent rendition of a 'W' engine, I like. :-)

Edited by Milan
Removed quoted picture from previous post.

Hmmm, not sure if anybody mentioned that before, if yes, sorry for repeating. If Chiron will be in the same scale as Porsche, Bugatti will be as long as Porsche, around 20% wider and little bit lower, according to real car dimensions. Not sure if that difference in dimensions between those two models will consume so many parts, however Chiron seems to be quite bulky car, so maybe yes. I am just hoping for nicely detailed interior.

I am quite excited about this set. I do not like Bugatti, but we can not deny that the Chiron is a great model for a Technic Set, and definitely new parts are welcome.  This is the chance for TLG to redeem with the AFOLs and fix the problems given with the Porsche, and I guess it is something that Bugatti is/was aware. For example I do no think that a luxury brand as Bugatti would allow a 4 speed gearbox for reverse in their model :laugh:

About the Slow-motion video (Thanks  @Didumos69) I would say that the theory of a 7 Speed gearbox is possible because the protoype shows only 1 driving ring along with the white extension and the white gear. What I am traying to say is what we see in the video could be just a section of the gearbox. Something that I am not sure is if the grill is a new part or not

Anyway we just have to wait for more info/teaser. Maybe what TLG shows in the video is too far away from the final model as we are from August :hmpf_bad:

@Pas_de_nice It looks pretty awesome, If you do not mind, please share with us th file :wink:

Sorry guys, my journey with lego technic sets started with Porsche, I bought it over 1 year after it was released. If I am right it was released September 2016, how long before the release date, Lego published the videos or pictures of the whole model? Do you know when we can expect any pictures of finished Chiron?

Edited by Jaromir

8 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

Mind sharing LXF file?

6 hours ago, Jonfensu said:

@Pas_de_nice It looks pretty awesome, If you do not mind, please share with us th file :wink:

I might share it, but Ldd does not have those curved tiles, so I transferred the design to stud.io to add them and render.

Also I am pretty new here, so I don't know how to attach a file larger than 0.1MB

22 minutes ago, Pas_de_nice said:

I might share it, but Ldd does not have those curved tiles, so I transferred the design to stud.io to add them and render.

Also I am pretty new here, so I don't know how to attach a file larger than 0.1MB

You could use bricksafe.com to share such files. You can simply post a link to a file here.

10 hours ago, Jaromir said:

Sorry guys, my journey with lego technic sets started with Porsche, I bought it over 1 year after it was released. If I am right it was released September 2016, how long before the release date, Lego published the videos or pictures of the whole model? Do you know when we can expect any pictures of finished Chiron?

May or June (I suppose...

14 hours ago, Jaromir said:

3 hours ago, I_Igor said:

May or June (I suppose...

The Porsche was first presented at the Spielwarenmesse (Germany) in January 2016. This year's Spielwarenmesse is this weekend.

Edited by Didumos69

12 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Thanks for reminder on Porsche presentation, but I was thinking on Chiron based on all this secrecy and defending from piracy

Might be, lepin or something came up quite quickly with their porsche after lego one was released.

This was just posted on promobricks.de, if it is true, we´ll have some nice colours :-)

"According to a press release, the LEGO model of the Bugatti Chiron in the scale of 1: 8 is an authentic replica of the original vehicle. As we also learned, the new LEGO Technic Ultimate set is priced to cost a whopping 369.99 euros and again have some moving parts, such as the W16 engine's pistons, extendable rear spoilers, hinged car doors or the bonnet. As with the original car, the bodyshell uses different shades of blue in addition to black; in the interior, Tan is used for the light-colored leather. The steering wheel and the rims (which look really great, by the way) can already be seen on the teaser image, as well as the printed Bugatti Chiron logo on the hubcaps and the steering wheel."

14 hours ago, Jaromir said:

Hmmm, not sure if anybody mentioned that before, if yes, sorry for repeating. If Chiron will be in the same scale as Porsche, Bugatti will be as long as Porsche, around 20% wider and little bit lower, according to real car dimensions. Not sure if that difference in dimensions between those two models will consume so many parts, however Chiron seems to be quite bulky car, so maybe yes. I am just hoping for nicely detailed interior.

I´m curious about its dimensions as well. If we´re looking at the real dimensions of both cars, there is not such a big difference in total. Below you can see the dimensions / proportions of the 42056 Porsche which match the 1:8 scale not perfectly, but if you round the numbers up, you can say it´s pretty well in scale. I calculated the estimated dimensions of the 42083 Chiron based on the theoretical ratios. I really want to know what the +900 parts are used for...

Porsche 911 GT3 RS
dimensions in mm
Technic 42056
in mm
in studs scale
proportions
Length 4545 568 71 1   : 8,00
Width 1880 248 31 1   : 7,58
Height 1291 148 18,5 1   : 8,72
Wheelbase 2456 312 39 1   : 7,87

Bugatti Chiron
dimensions in mm
Technic 42083
in mm
in studs scale
proportions
Length 4544 568 71,0 1   : 8,00
Width 2038 255 31,8 1   : 8,00
Height 1212 152 18,9 1   : 8,00
Wheelbase 2711 339 42,4 1   :

1 hour ago, Ebbi said:

This was just posted on promobricks.de, if it is true, we´ll have some nice colours :-)

"According to a press release, the LEGO model of the Bugatti Chiron in the scale of 1: 8 is an authentic replica of the original vehicle. As we also learned, the new LEGO Technic Ultimate set is priced to cost a whopping 369.99 euros and again have some moving parts, such as the W16 engine's pistons, extendable rear spoilers, hinged car doors or the bonnet. As with the original car, the bodyshell uses different shades of blue in addition to black; in the interior, Tan is used for the light-colored leather. The steering wheel and the rims (which look really great, by the way) can already be seen on the teaser image, as well as the printed Bugatti Chiron logo on the hubcaps and the steering wheel."

Wow - that´s interesting! So the question is now: What does "different shades of blue" mean?? I hope the rear part will be dark blue and not black. Tan interiour is confirmed, very nice :thumbup::thumbup:!

2016-Bugatti-Chiron-Review.jpg

Edited by brunojj1

1 hour ago, Ebbi said:

No mention of a gearbox. :sceptic:

8 minutes ago, LvdH said:

Different shades of blue, so that confirms that it has 2 shades of blue it in, doesn't it? I am guessing dark azure and dark blue...

That or even dark azure and black would look very nice.

Different shades of blue? It will be considerably less attractive to me if it's not the dark azure+black combo, that light blue-dark blue combo posted above look awful to me.

9 hours ago, Pas_de_nice said:

For those interested, I have my version of a W16 single crankshaft here:

https://bricksafe.com/pages/Pas_de_nice/w16

@Pas_de_nice

Took the liberty to update your LDD file and made some renders of your excellent W16 engine.

w16_v2a.gif

w16_v2b.gif

Together they are beautifull!

w16_v2.png

Thanks for sharing the file.

Edited by JunkstyleGio

When Chiron would be released I suggest that admins replace Porsche on Eurobricks Technic forum title with Bugatti Chiron :blush:

@JunkstyleGio Thank you, you are definitively better than me for rendering! It looks amazing. Also I just discovered the last LDD update, maybe I should quit and reload the software more often...

After checking out all of the reply’s in this forum I think this set will be very nice to have...for parts for me. @Lox Lego Chiron is a remarkable MOC and I think it would look great with those new wheels and maybe a reworking of the body panels with the new colours. For sure it will be an interesting set!,

On 3.02.2018 at 4:22 PM, anatem said:

Different shades of blue? It will be considerably less attractive to me if it's not the dark azure+black combo, that light blue-dark blue combo posted above look awful to me.

I hope it will be light and dark blue, black is too common color, light azure with black will make chiron looking like air racing jet model with vertical take off, can't remember the number, sorry. For me connection of those two colors look fantastic, and I hope lego model will be in that colors.

By the way, do you think guys, if there will be any addition to the Chiron model, like Porsche had a tool bag. Is the Bugatti giving any gadgets to real cars which is specific to their brand? Like Rolls Royce is giving the umbrellas whicjlh are usually stored in the car doors.

Edited by Jaromir