11 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

I suppose the 20t clutch gear @Jeroen Ottens is referring to, is the type of clutch gear like the red 16t clutch gears we have now.

7 minutes ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

No I am reffering to a 20T variant of the red 16T clitch gear. Unfortunately LEGO uses the word clutch for both gear types. 

That's what I ment to say.

Edited by Didumos69

3 minutes ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

The driving ring is right next to it, that doesn't make sense to me unless it can engage with that gear

I know what you mean, but wouldn't it also be logic if the supposed new 20t clutch gear could line up sideways with other clutch gears?

1 minute ago, Didumos69 said:

That's what I ment to say.

My bad. I shpuldn't be trying to read while driving to an airport in a jetlag state

I think it's overdue for an engage clutch 20z gear.

I think one way to distinct the two types of clutches would be referring to them as "engage clutch" (16z) and "slip clutch" (20z).

Just now, Jeroen Ottens said:

My bad. I shpuldn't be trying to read while driving to an airport in a jetlag state

That is why I shut down my mobile phone when I'm driving...when we write about driving; so far we know that we have beautiful wheels with (only) pinholes and Chiron has 4 wheel drive which means very bad steering angle or new parts; perhaps new CV joint?

10 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

so far we know that we have beautiful wheels with (only) pinholes and Chiron has 4 wheel drive which means very bad steering angle or new parts; perhaps new CV joint?

You're right. Apart from that, this whole thread is mere speculation. I remember we had a similar thread for the Porsche which clearly stated 'Speculation' in it's title. It was closed as soon as the model was released and reviewed. Perhaps @Jim or @Milan could rename this thread to '42083 Bugatti Speculation' to make clear this thread is not about the facts.

Edited by Didumos69

15 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

Apart from that, this whole thread is mere speculation. I remember we had a similar thread for the Porsche which clearly stated 'Speculation' in it's title. It was closed as soon as the model was released and reviewed. Perhaps @Jim or @Milan could rename this thread to '42083 Bugatti Speculation' to make clear this thread is not about the facts.

I agree completely. The reason for speculation is that we are excited about this set :excited:

1 minute ago, I_Igor said:

I agree completely. The reason for speculation is that we are excited about this set :excited:

Yes and that's perfectly valid :thumbup:. The LEGO marketing department can be proud of the buzz they generated :wink:.

4 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

Yes and that's perfectly valid :thumbup:. The LEGO marketing department can be proud of the buzz they generated :wink:.

Yes, even I'm excited who generally am not interested in cars (as LEGO models) so they ( LEGO marketing department) have made great job (even poster with 4 wheels make us imagine how would final model look like) :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

The real car shown also has tan seats. See timestamp 30 in the video.

https://youtu.be/VZ7byW6CxHM?t=30s

I made a slow motion of the interval where parts are shown. I also see a black knob wheel with an orange (+0)-piece with a tow ball inserted attached to the gearbox. That could indicate a gearbox with 8 gears (7+R?). @Jeroen Ottens used something similar in his DB11.

I did, but I would not know how to make a 7+R gearbox out of this. The trick I used was that I doubled the gears of a 4 speed gearbox with that extra knob to make it a 8 speed gearbox. I used a separate D-N-R switcher to add the reverse gear.

2 hours ago, LucyCol said:

I just wish Lego would hurry up and finish the publicity shots so I can have my car back :laugh:

So that's where they got it. You must have undercut me on price, I said they could have mine for the week for $2.6 million, but they declined my offer. Shame. 

As i see it the video hints to an all black Chiron as the rims on the real car in the video match the Lego rims in the teaser photo almost exactly. The real car is all black in the video without even the blue line curving around the door as seen in some paint variants. It could be that Lego chose to display an all black Chiron so as not to give away the real colours. Personally I'm hoping for a light blue on dark blue colour scheme, AWD, and accurate suspension geometry this time.  I suppose dark gray on dark blue would be classy too. Why else have an extra 900 pieces vs the Porsche? If it is all extra brick built prettiness on a 2wd chassis I may skip it.

54 minutes ago, cloud said:

Why else have an extra 900 pieces vs the Porsche? If it is all extra brick built prettiness on a 2wd chassis I may skip it.

Maybe TLG have put some detail into the brake calipers this time. :grin:

Good point, maybe there is a side build of matching suitcases and a punture repair kit, which would account for the extra parts. The chassis will be exactly the same as on the Porsche but with two front driveshafts that only work when the car is in reverse.

12 hours ago, cloud said:

Why else have an extra 900 pieces vs the Porsche?

9 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

Good point, maybe there is a side build of matching suitcases and a punture repair kit, which would account for the extra parts.

Or a 900 pieces mod kit with exactly the parts needed to fix all issues :wink:.

2 minutes ago, Huaojozu said:

Most likely no B-model, just like the Porsche. Though I'm interested what the community can come up with.

I supposed to be a joke, to cheer up :laugh:

When building the Porsche I didn't bother building the bag as it does literally nothing and I have a phobia of girly handbags anyway :laugh: so I hope they don't waste parts on such things with the Bugatti. 

35 minutes ago, allanp said:

When building the Porsche I didn't bother building the bag as it does literally nothing and I have a phobia of girly handbags anyway :laugh: so I hope they don't waste parts on such things with the Bugatti. 

32 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

It's orange, so it's not a bag; it's a MAN'S TOOLBOX. :grin:

It's in fact this bag and it can be used to carry around your 42056 safely :sweet:. It's a must-have for if you would carry the model around without this bag, you are likely to loose some bodywork parts.

400x300.jpg

Edited by Didumos69