I guess nothing in this vid has its final setup. We have peoples in this forum who need only a picture of a 1x1 flat tile to rebrick the chiron. :D

Edited by efferman

Perhaps this gearbox isn't a gearbox for shifting gears at all. It could be that it changes various functions(spoiler, suspension, etc) similar to the 8070. With the gearbox failure of the previous "Ultimate" car model, maybe this is something that they decided not to use in this new model and went a different route. :sceptic:

Edited by Meatman

Just now, Aman said:

Do you think there will be a tan coloured interior instead of black?

Depends largely on exterior colors. I can't see blue/black exterior with black interior happening.

If it is the flagship colours for the car which I hope the interior will be tan.

Also think the rear light will literally be a longer version of the red lightsaber beam for the buildable figures?

10 minutes ago, Meatman said:

Perhaps this gearbox isn't a gearbox for shifting gears at all. It could be that it changes various functions(spoiler, suspension, etc) similar to the 8070. With the gearbox failure of the previous "Ultimate" car model, maybe this is something that they decided not to use in this new model and went a different route. :sceptic:

That thought has crosed my mind as well, but I wouldn't know why you would need a 20T clutch gear for that... So I stay in the 7+R gearbox camp for now.

OTOH @efferman might be right and we are spinning away from reality based on a blurry pre-production video fragment of 2 seconds :laugh:

9 minutes ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

That thought has crosed my mind as well, but I wouldn't know why you would need a 20T clutch gear for that... So I stay in the 7+R gearbox camp for now.

OTOH @efferman might be right and we are spinning away from reality based on a blurry pre-production video fragment of 2 seconds :laugh:

If they did in fact make a 20 tooth clutch gear, then they had to have made a 12 tooth one to complement it too right? I wonder how they could pull that off since it is so small? I assume that It would probably need some type of extender piece molded into it.

Edited by Meatman

2 minutes ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

I love the sound of speculation whooshing by........

Just now, nerdsforprez said:

I love the sound of speculation whooshing by........

:laugh:

I normally do not actively engage in these speculation phases, but apparently I am pretty excited about this set.

8 hours ago, Jim said:

I'll settle for a poster pic!
(if it's not a poster with the four wheels)

Unfortunately, as I already stated in the 2018 thread, there is no Chiron in Nuremberg... only the 4 rims poster...

The others 2h 2018 sets are all there, but no Technic Chiron, no Star Wars “Solo” movie sets, no new Marvel Superheroes and no Jurassic World ones... all of them are there only as “black boxes” as seen in the leaked catalogue.

50 minutes ago, Aman said:

Do you think there will be a tan coloured interior instead of black?

2 hours ago, efferman said:

.. We have peoples in this forum who need only a picture of a 1x1 flat tile to rebrick the chiron. :D

Of course :laugh: !! 

So here we go: the printed 1x1 tile on the steering wheel seems to have tan color. Based on that you can say the whole interior has to be in tan color!

2018-Bugatti-Chiron-interior.jpg

bugatti-chiron-vs-veyron-vitesse-interio

6 hours ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

Maybe the high price is because they are putting real diamonds in the speakers just like the real car!

Yeah, and the only song that speakers can reproduce sounds like diamonds in the sky...

Expensive or not I belive Chiron will be great

8 hours ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

Maybe the high price is because they are putting real diamonds in the speakers just like the real car!

I think the main reason for the high price is the fact that people are willing to pay it, it was the same for the Porsche.

I think the target audience is the key factor here. Nothing else. If its aimed at being built once and displayed then it will be half technic half creator with some suspension and a gearbox functions, but not accurate.. Porsche style. Piece count will be from styling.

If its meant to be a technic tour-de-force for 'appreciators' then the suspension will be double wishbone and the gearbox will have more than four gears etc...and the piece count will be from technic wizardry.

But the mighty dollar (euro) is the driving force here and make no mistake!! Its not t please afols with high expectations, its to please the bank at year end.... Which in turn does please us, as technic is profitable and we still get gems like arocs etc. I just think the big shiny super series models have a different role to play in financial picture. The normal flagships are aimed at me. several thousand creator pieces designed to look great on a shelf, not so much..

Worth mentioning, i'm not poo poo-ing this at all. Everyone enjoys techninc for different reasons. mine is moc-ing, has been since i was 8 (over 30 years ago!), i never keep anything built. Others like to build and display. But the driving force is the Lego balance sheet, its a simple as that... and if it keeps it in profit, i support it 100%.

I'm not sure how they are going to get more that another 4 speed gearbox into the Bugatti.

The Porsche was rear engine so it gave you some room from the rear axel to the driving seat to put mechanicals in the Bugatti is mid engine (and a big one at that) it will have to sit on top of the gearbox probably making it flat layout.

Also they may not be space to mount the gearbox at the back and then link it to a paddle shift on the wheel

On 30-1-2018 at 4:14 PM, Tommy Styrvoky said:

I'm entirely sure about the design for the W16, it looks too tall for the scale. Also it appears that the individual is holding part of the transmission. And the rear axle seems to use the same hubs as before, also you can see some components of the rear axle's driveline including the differential, maybe the W16 is driven off the back of the differential?

Bugatti_Chiron%20still%202.jpg

When I saw this video, I thought I saw this type of engine before.

I found it again. It was in the video from GT Mechanicmaniac "LEGO Technic VW Phaeton 6.0 W12 scale 1:7 (Part III)"

Check his video here:

At 26:44 you van see the engine without the cars body.

13 hours ago, brunojj1 said:

Based on that you can say the whole interior has to be in tan color!

The real car shown also has tan seats. See timestamp 30 in the video.

https://youtu.be/VZ7byW6CxHM?t=30s

I made a slow motion of the interval where parts are shown. I also see a black knob wheel with an orange (+0)-piece with a tow ball inserted attached to the gearbox. That could indicate a gearbox with 8 gears (7+R?). @Jeroen Ottens used something similar in his DB11.

Edited by Didumos69

On 1/31/2018 at 10:04 AM, Jeroen Ottens said:

I keep my hopes up, if I saw it right I think we will get a 20T transmission clutch gear. That should make it possible to make a more advanced gearbox than a simple 4-speed. Furthermore a driving extender is used as well, which suggest that the gearbox will include a reverse gear. Which, thinking out loud, could point to a manual gearbox, instead of a sequential box...

to me it seems like it is white 24 tooth gear with clutch (unfortunately) 

lego-white-gear-with-24-teeth-and-intern

On 1/31/2018 at 10:04 AM, Jeroen Ottens said:

I keep my hopes up, if I saw it right I think we will get a 20T transmission clutch gear. That should make it possible to make a more advanced gearbox than a simple 4-speed. Furthermore a driving extender is used as well, which suggest that the gearbox will include a reverse gear. Which, thinking out loud, could point to a manual gearbox, instead of a sequential box...

I hope you're right, but I think having a 20t clutch gear would make more sense if there was also a 12t clutch gear (which I find hard to imagine), otherwise it will be hard to line it up with other clutch gears.

3 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

I think having a 20t clutch gear would make more sense if there was also a 12t clutch gear

Why would a 20z clutch gear need a 12z clutch gear? The 24z gear doesnt need a 8z clutch gear.

31 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Why would a 20z clutch gear need a 12z clutch gear? The 24z gear doesnt need a 8z clutch gear.

I suppose the 20t clutch gear @Jeroen Ottens is referring to, is the type of clutch gear like the red 16t clutch gears we have now. That is, a clutch gear that can engage with a driving ring in a gearbox. In gearboxes these red clutch gears are often lined up to have several parallel clutches. The 24t clutch gear is a gear with an internal clutch which slips under high torque. Not very useful in a gearbox, only when you want to protect parts against halting.

Edited by Didumos69

1 minute ago, Didumos69 said:

I suppose the 20t clutch gear @Jeroen Ottens is referring to, is the type of clutch gear like the red 16t clutch gears we have now. That is, a clutch gear that can engage with a driving ring in a gearbox. The 24t clutch gear is a gear with an internal clutch which slips under high torque. Not very useful in a gearbox, only when you want to protect parts against halting.

Perhaps they use 24 tooth gear with clutch on place where it should be 8th gear to make 7 speeds gearbox...

No I am reffering to a 20T variant of the red 16T clitch gear. Unfortunately LEGO uses the word clutch for both gear types. 

The driving ring is right next to it, that doesn't make sense to me unless it can engage with that gear