Just now, Jim said:

Let's end this discussion and get back to the Chiron set. Thanks.

deal :thumbup:

1 minute ago, Jim said:

Let's end this discussion and get back to the Chiron set. Thanks.

Okay, problem solved.

3 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

It does not matter which wins, Bugatti has tradition and Charisma which is very high ranking in world of collectible cars :wink:

I think most of people would prefer Chiron in garage (or display LEGO model) than other marques. IMHO this car has the most beautiful details from 1930s when Bugatti, Delahaye, Mercedes and co were creme de la creme in automobile industry. Of course there are other marques, but currently Bugatti is the only resurrected iconic marque from that era (Mercedes continued to exist on market due to their enormous diversity in production lines), so IMHO Chiron is best solution that integrates classic and modern design with mechanical extravagance 

to be fair, that is not real heritage, that is bought one. (unlike Mercedes, you mentioned, that has continuity). 

Bugatti started dying in 1947 (after Ettore died) and went total bankrupt in 1952 (last car type 101 was based on pre-war chassis and engine and was obsolete before it was born).

Several attempt to revive in 60s were not successful.

1987-1995 revived in Italy (also ended in bankruptcy)

since 1998 under VW. 

How much is current VW's Bugatti in connection to the original (apart from the badge) is questionable. Being the pinnacle of car world, that might be the connection, but continuity is not there.

Just now, J_C said:

to be fair, that is not real heritage, that is bought one. (unlike Mercedes, you mentioned, that has continuity). 

Bugatti started dying in 1947 (after Ettore died) and went total bankrupt in 1952 (last car type 101 was based on pre-war chassis and engine and was obsolete before it was born).

Several attempt to revive in 60s were not successful.

1987-1995 revived in Italy (also ended in bankruptcy)

since 1998 under VW. 

How much is current VW's Bugatti in connection to the original (apart from the badge) is questionable. Being the pinnacle of car world, that might be the connection, but continuity is not there.

continuity not for sure that is why I said resurrected, but enough off topic, and we have concentrate on LEGO model. Just hope to see some images of Bugatti from toy fair

Just now, I_Igor said:

continuity not for sure that is why I said resurrected, but enough off topic, and we have concentrate on LEGO model. Just hope to see some images of Bugatti from toy fair

I will be there in Nuremberg Spielwarenmesse for 3 days (work) starting tomorrow. I am not gonna take some sneak pictures (I am good boy), but I am gonna have a look, that is certain (if it is there displayed at all). 

17 minutes ago, J_C said:

I will be there in Nuremberg Spielwarenmesse for 3 days (work) starting tomorrow. I am not gonna take some sneak pictures (I am good boy), but I am gonna have a look, that is certain (if it is there displayed at all). 

I wish I can see with your eyes for this 3 days 

(so far interesting is a boat in the bottle (sorry for off topic))

Edited by I_Igor

15 minutes ago, J_C said:

We have full confidence that you won't take any pictures yourself....but "someone you know" did take some :laugh:

Just now, Jim said:

We have full confidence that you won't take any pictures yourself....but "someone you know" did take some :laugh:

I have a friend, who has a friend and he has a girlfriend, who used to go to school with the guy who knows the guy, who has an uncle with a camera...

According to zusammengebaut theres no Bugatti at the show, only a poster. But the other technic sets are there.

Just now, J_C said:

I have a friend, who has a friend and he has a girlfriend, who used to go to school with the guy who knows the guy, who has an uncle with a camera...

That's the uncle is was thinking about. Can you ask him to take some pictures :wink:

Just now, allanp said:

According to zusammengebaut theres no Bugatti at the show, only a poster. But the other technic sets are there.

I'll settle for a poster pic!
(if it's not a poster with the four wheels)

I just assumed it was the same poster, but there is no description of the car or its colour or anything, so I guess they've only seen what we've see. And ....HEY no asking for pics in the public forum Jim! :laugh:

6 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

So the simple formula for TLG is:

1. Get a license from an iconic car
2. Create a faithful replica of appearance and a not-so-faithful replica of technical details.
3. Profit !

I certainly hope they profit. I see no problem there, I'd especially like the Technic line to be profitable and live on for many more years.

Is it just me or does it feel like we're running out of things to talk about with regards to the set? This does feel like we're gonna be expecting more of the same, but at the same time there's intrigue as to how LEGO can pull this off. It HAS to supersede the GT3RS in more than size, but we've since accepted that this probably will be little more than a display piece.

10 minutes ago, XAxles said:

Is it just me or does it feel like we're running out of things to talk about with regards to the set? This does feel like we're gonna be expecting more of the same, but at the same time there's intrigue as to how LEGO can pull this off. It HAS to supersede the GT3RS in more than size, but we've since accepted that this probably will be little more than a display piece.

It has beaten it roundly - on RRP and box size.

I am very excited about this new set. And even if it is not what we hope for, I'm super excited about all the new parts / colors that will be provided in this set. Orange was almost impossible to create an MOC prior to the Porsche, and no its got enough for a proper MOC. This is a must have for auto enthusiast and Technic fans alike. Can't wait!

37 minutes ago, XAxles said:

We are running out of things to talk about? Yes, because all we know for sure is the particular car and it has 4 wheels. And no, because these are new wheels with different attachment points and  other new parts. If you only consider the appearance of new clutch gears, it will open a whole new universe for possibilities in building gearboxes! A working gearbox has been the core of the Technic Supercar ever since, even in the first era of the naked chassis. Today we´re getting closer to realism than ever with a 7+R speed transmission like in the real car. At least the set consists of around +900 parts than the 42056 Porsche, in the mean while playing in the same 1:8 scale league. So you can estimate this set being very interesting for us enthusiasts. Nevertheless, for most buyers of the targeted audience it´s still a display set of which they will wipe the dust once in a while and check the functions. For me it will endure 3 days on the shelf and then immediately serve as parts pack for my future MOCs.

Edited by brunojj1

1 hour ago, brunojj1 said:

Today we´re getting closer to realism than ever with a 7+R speed transmission like in the real car. 

Has that been confirmed? The GT3RS has 7+R in real life as well, yet we got 4 wrong order, wrap around gears with a nonsense F-R switch

Given how the porsche turned out, i will assume the worst about the technic underpinnings of the bugatti until officially confirmed otherwise.

1 hour ago, brunojj1 said:

For me it will endure 3 days on the shelf and then immediately serve as parts pack for my future MOCs.

Thats me exactly with every set i've ever owned! Glad i'm not alone..:grin:

36 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

Has that been confirmed? The GT3RS has 7+R in real life as well, yet we got 4 wrong order, wrap around gears with a nonsense F-R switch

Given how the porsche turned out, i will assume the worst about the technic underpinnings of the bugatti until officially confirmed otherwise.

I can´t say it has been confirmed. But you can bet it will for several reasons:

- in the video of the prototype you can clearly see a big gearbox, therefore you can assume it´s the most important mechanism (btw. you can exclude any kind of PF already) 

- the high piece count is an indicator for sophisticated mechanisms like a gearbox

- a sequential 8 speed has been done by MOCers already from pieces which already exist, the best example I know of is the one designed from Jeroen Ottens in his Aston Martin DB11

- after the big desaster in the Porsche (wrong shifting order, a lot of friction etc.), the high expectations concerning a working gearbox can´t be ignored in any way

- again - this is the core element of the Technic Supercar 

- it´s time to release new clutch gears other than 16t which we have for decades now, to add fun to the game.

And it´s  a different designer this time - let´s  give him a chance :sweet:.

27 minutes ago, TeamThrifty said:

Thats me exactly with every set i've ever owned! Glad i'm not alone..:grin:

Let´s keep it in this sporty spirit :wink:.

Edited by brunojj1

11 minutes ago, brunojj1 said:

- the high piece count is an indicator for sophisticated mechanisms like a gearbox

Either that or many tiny System elements for brick-built detailing.

1 minute ago, AVCampos said:

Either that or many tiny System elements for brick-built detailing.

Some of us are trying to think positively about this. :wink: But yes, that is a definite possibility, though one I hope we do not see.

On 30.01.2018 at 5:42 PM, Seasider said:

Key things with the Chiron both from style and engineering

front and rear lights are distinctive

classic shape grille

curved side panels

w16 quad turbo, engine it partially exposed

awd with 7spd box

active rear spoiler

The suspension is double wishbone at front and rear. The height is also adjustable. Maybe it will be a feature :)

18 minutes ago, brunojj1 said:

I can´t say it has been confirmed. But you can bet it will for several reasons:

- in the video of the prototype you can clearly see a big gearbox, therefore you can assume it´s the most important mechanism (btw. you can exclude any kind of PF already) 

- a sequential 8 speed has been done by MOCers already from pieces which already exist, the best example I know of is the one designed from Jeroen Ottens in his Aston Martin DB11

- after the big desaster in the Porsche (wrong shifting order, a lot of friction etc.), the high expectations concerning a working gearbox can´t be ignored in any way

- again - this is the core element of the Technic Supercar 

- it´s time to release new clutch gears other than 16t which we have for decades now, to add fun to the game.

And it´s  a different designer this time - let´s  give him a chance :sweet:.

Let´s keep it in this sporty spirit :wink:.

And I would like to add that I think that the white gear that is visible in the video is located directly next to the darkgrey driving ring. To me that can only mean it is a bigger transmission clutch gear. From the relative dimensions I would estimate it to be 20T...

5 minutes ago, kuja2015 said:

Well... those are a lot of gears

Well... Not really lots and they are only 16T gears. that doesn't give any gear-ratios... I have been looking at those few seconds of video in which this gearbox is visible, but apart from the new clutch gear and driving ring extender (the white part in your picture) it looks a little 'empty' for an advanced transmission gearbox...