3 hours ago, Techniccrack said:

Why so negative?

You dont know how its turns out.

You want to see lego building a life like car with all the functions of the real thing? You want to see real fuel injections or something?

7 speed gearbox..mmm...why not? the PDK gearbox on the porsche it was considered impossible early on. and tada! they done it! 

I think (i hope) it will be a blast and a real cool model

Im negative because the porsche sorely dissapointed, the real car has tons of cool features/distinctive qualities, which TLC either omitted or completely butchered. The paddle shift might be nice, but the gearbox behind it is poorly designed and well below par when AFOLs were building 7+r speed sequential boxes years before the porsche came about.

Im a big car guy, and it annoys me very much to see lego come out with huge expensive sets they label "Ultimate", only to see them get the interesting technical bits completely wrong. Seeing the Chiron, i can only assume they will again come up with a sub-par gearbox and build an engine that only resembles the real thing in terms of cylinder count, and then trying to justify the pricetag with inflated part counts. this Ultimate line should be Lego rising to the level of expert MOCers, if they want to do style over substance, that should belong in either expert creator, or a revived model team theme.

47 minutes ago, brunojj1 said:

Congrats to all car lovers! Very beautiful wheels, soo nice :thumbup: :wub:!

The price is insane, regardless the high piece count :hmpf_bad:.. But on the other hand - the Ultimate Collectors will buy it, it´s relatively cheap compared to the parts costs for an average MOC, even in smaller scale. 

I guess in the video we can see a very early prototype - everything can change in the end product. But I agree about the engine - it´s way too big and sits too high in the car. Why on earth couldn´t they design new cylinders / smaller engine blocks?

The wheels´ attachment points seem to be behind the virtual pivot point in the center. There is no need for new hubs - you could easily attach them like this:

jj.jpeg

EDIT: is it possible we will see REAL brake discs here??

I have tried a setup like this before and found it has a lot of flex and pulley wheels can move in and out a lot. I hope they will have a different part or a better way of controlling all the movement

43 minutes ago, Cardboy said:

I have tried a setup like this before and found it has a lot of flex and pulley wheels can move in and out a lot. I hope they will have a different part or a better way of controlling all the movement

Of course. And the bigger the wheels are, the more significant the slack and the wobbling will be. I hope for brake discs between wheel and hub instead of the suggested pulley wheels.

15 minutes ago, brunojj1 said:

Of course. And the bigger the wheels are, the more significant the slack and the wobbling will be. I hope for brake discs between wheel and hub instead of the suggested pulley wheels.

I hope so too. Pulleywheels as an intermediate part do not make sense to me at all. If a new wheel hub is introduced with holes to accept the pins it should be at least one stud thick. That gives sufficient space for a side-clamped diskbrake. If they would even add a bigger disk a little further back you might even be able to design a surface-clamped diskbrake (although that will be difficult with the current pieces).

I am not saying the Chiron will have diskbrakes though. It is not an easy feature to implement I am now discovering myself :laugh: and it's playability is limited (it doesn't do something in standstill and when you push the model you have to somehow operate the diskbrakes, you will feel extra friction, but you can push through that by making the wheels slip on either ground or rims).

Edited by Jeroen Ottens
grammar

Here is how the 43,2mm rim sits perfectly in porsche's wheels and acts like a brake disc:

640x649.jpg

Edited by Zerobricks

It looks like we get a white 20T transmission clutch gear. When you look in the video @ 0:15 when the gearbox is nearly off the screen it is visible.

Also a new white extender is introudced (probably to overcome the length difference due to the thickness change of the red transmission clutch gears

I'm really excited to see how this set looks, considering it's been a while since our last supercar set.

As for the rims, I wonder if they are the same diameter as those from the Porsche - If this is so, it would mean we won't have to get ANOTHER set of tires just to fit these rims. Also it seems that the attachment point is deeper in than the average LEGO Technic wheels, sorta like the wheels from the 8448. This means that these wheels will have a pivot point much closer to the center, and could steer in a tight wheel arch, which is pretty neat. But I think this goes for the Porsche rims as well. Correct me if I'm wrong.

As for the chrome print on the rims, I'm kinda worried about the print rubbing off, but looking at previous printed parts (like the rims from the 41999) I doubt that it would be a concern. I also hope that the Bugatti logo in the rim is a round tile like on the 42056, otherwise it would really impair their ability to be placed on MOCs.

In the video a W16 engine could be seen sitting on the design table. However it seems really bulky, and the vertical beams that connect it kinda look ugly, but this is just my own opinion. I bet they would have lots of stuff surrounding it that the ugly beams won't be visible in the final product.

At this point I wonder what color it will be in. Blue/black seems to be the most popular color when looking up google images of it. As for the blue, dark azure would be a good option as the color has been growing within the Technic realm lately. It would reduce prices of dark azure Technic pieces on Bricklink, and would also expand the range of Technic dark azure pieces.

Edited by JLiu15

I do think that there will new hubs. Something like this, but narrower and, of course, it will be two monolith parts.
Ly6f_z7LpCo.jpg
EkL0mAo3ZBw.jpg

If the "main" colour scheme of the Chiron is anything to go by, I would say that dark blue would be more simillar to the colour of the real car than black would:

022916-2017-bugatti-chiron-tn_0.jpg

1 minute ago, Maaboo35 said:

That huge curve in the bodywork looks difficult to replicate with Technic parts. Wonder how they've done it...

I would guess flex axles. I don't think there is any other way to do it with any accuracy.

Just now, Leonardo da Bricki said:

I would guess flex axles. I don't think there is any other way to do it with any accuracy.

Probably not. Those would have to be some damn long flex axles, though...

1 minute ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Something similar to how @Lox Lego did his, most likely. But then again, a 30L flex axle would be pretty awesome. :laugh:

We really don't get enough of those. Or, judging by the part count, it might be loads of shorter flex axles joined up.

1 minute ago, Maaboo35 said:

We really don't get enough of those. Or, judging by the part count, it might be loads of shorter flex axles joined up.

My bet is on a System build for the curves and for the front. It would explain the higher piece count, seeing as System takes way more parts to fill the same space than Technic.

12 minutes ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

"Outer Cables" (like the ones used on the ROPS cage for 42053) have appeared in such hewge lengths as 66M (~53cm). They also have the advantage over flex axles of being thin enough to clamp at any point with standard clips.

1 minute ago, Gnac said:

"Outer Cables" (like the ones used on the ROPS cage for 42053) have appeared in such hewge lengths as 66M (~53cm). They also have the advantage over flex axles of being thin enough to clamp at any point with standard clips.

The massive yellow cable in 8414 also comes to mind. But I don't think yellow would fit the Chiron. Unless it is actually yellow...

Yeah, a hypercar like that has the same doors as my Corolla. You would think that something cool could be done, but at least this way, it's not another disappointment from Lego.

2 minutes ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Yeah, a hypercar like that has the same doors as my Corolla. You would think that something cool could be done, but at least this way, it's not another disappointment from Lego.

also it has 4 wheels, just like your corolla. basically you own almost chiron.

1 minute ago, J_C said:

also it has 4 wheels, just like your corolla. basically you own almost chiron.

:rofl: All it needs is a better engine and a rear wing, right? And racing tires!

This seems rather cool, but it also seems incredibly overpriced, just like the Porsche was.

We'll have to wait and see just how awesome (or not) it will be, if I end up buying this set it will be the last of the 2H sets I get, and I won't pay more than 220 euro at most  :blush: