If there are no new hubs, that probably means that there is no suspension geometry sadly. Because the new rims can be connected with pulley wheels to the old hubs, therefore there will be 1 stud greater distance between the pivot point and the rim. 

I would like to see the curved lines done with flex axles, for smoother flowing lines.

12 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

Where is the video to prove?

The video shows the wobbly old rear hubs attached to the engine and there is no chance they are making new front hubs AGAIN. The most recent ones are the best so far as they fix all the problems with steering arm geometry. Since this set doesn´t have PF, they won´t need to upgrade the driveshafts, which are currently the weak link. Shame.

Edited by valenciaeric

Still looking at the wheel rims.

They have a rectangular slot between each of the pins.  It could potentially be used to eliminate wobble between the rim and the hub if the hub has matching protrusions.

Just now, valenciaeric said:

The video shows the wobbly old rear hubs attached to the engine and there is no chance they are making new front hubs AGAIN. The most recent ones are the best so far as they fix all the problems with steering arm geometry. Since this set doesn´t have PF, they won´t need to upgrade the driveshafts, which are currently the weak link. Shame.

I suppose you're right.

Just now, valenciaeric said:

Or, they are placeholders, just like other sets before.

I´d honestly love for there to be new transmission parts, but it is just not going to happen. Economics dictate there things and they have to amortise the parts they already have.

From the video, you can see everything is old parts - engine block, gears, transmission and rear hubs.

Probably only the rims and a few printed parts will be new and exclusive. If there was one car that deserved a new engine block, it would be this one as the old parts look far too big on a W16.

Edited by valenciaeric

I'm entirely sure about the design for the W16, it looks too tall for the scale. Also it appears that the individual is holding part of the transmission. And the rear axle seems to use the same hubs as before, also you can see some components of the rear axle's driveline including the differential, maybe the W16 is driven off the back of the differential?

Bugatti_Chiron%20still%202.jpg

Bugatti_Chiron_still%20.jpg

Edited by Tommy Styrvoky

Are those white pistons in the engine?

Also, since there has only been one new part so far this year (the bulldog), I would be expecting a bunch (4 to 10) new parts in the Chiron, makes sense as they are needed to make the curves, so I am expecting several pairs of new curved panels.

Nice to see they have given the design gig to someone new - this will give people the chance to evaluate Wabra´s work against others as he has had the monopoly on cars in recent years.

Interesting to note that we are going on 8 years now since the last front engined Technic sportscar - 8070.

5 minutes ago, Tommy Styrvoky said:

the W16, it looks too tall for the scale

I think so too, and it rises way too high. But then again, most MOCs have their engines sitting too high too...

Edited by Didumos69

I am extremely sceptical when it comes to authenticity after seeing how the porsche turned out, the engine mock ups in the video pretty much guarantee either some weird multi-crank layout or completely wrong timing on the cylinders and a weird multilink driveshaft. The real Chiron also has a 7 speed gearbox, which im not expecting out of lego.

And with a €370 pricetag (which im expecting to end up at €400 or 410 over here), this will be an easy pass.

9 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

Touche! For you!

Hi, you asked me how i knew it was a Bugatti.

Friend of mine has good connections to the Lego Group.

I heard it 4 months ago the Technic team is creating something.. The only thing i knew it was Bugatti

Just now, JGW3000 said:

Are those white pistons in the engine?

I did some color corrections to it, and increased the luminosity of the image. They appear yellow from the original footage. 

Bugatti_Chiron%20Still%20_1.2.1.jpg

Azure blue color incoming. Because original bugatti color is similar to it not dark blue :) Cant wait to see more details.

4 minutes ago, efferman said:

i guess all pictures of internals will be early prototypes to avoid cloning

I hope so aesthetically, but I thought it was a lot of fun seeing this community reverse engineering parts of the Porsche from just a few clips of video.

Edited by Tommy Styrvoky

11 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

I am extremely sceptical when it comes to authenticity after seeing how the porsche turned out, the engine mock ups in the video pretty much guarantee either some weird multi-crank layout or completely wrong timing on the cylinders and a weird multilink driveshaft. The real Chiron also has a 7 speed gearbox, which im not expecting out of lego.

And with a €370 pricetag (which im expecting to end up at €400 or 410 over here), this will be an easy pass.

Why so negative?

You dont know how its turns out.

You want to see lego building a life like car with all the functions of the real thing? You want to see real fuel injections or something?

7 speed gearbox..mmm...why not? the PDK gearbox on the porsche it was considered impossible early on. and tada! they done it! 

I think (i hope) it will be a blast and a real cool model

20 minutes ago, Techniccrack said:

Hi, you asked me how i knew it was a Bugatti.

Friend of mine has good connections to the Lego Group.

I heard it 4 months ago the Technic team is creating something.. The only thing i knew it was Bugatti

Ah-ha! knew you had connections! But still, good guess anyone.

Just now, Tommy Styrvoky said:

I presume this will also mean that there will be another contest for Bugatti, just like after the Porsche was released.

Doubt it, not too any bugatti models...

The wheels is the only thing I'm liking at the moment. Engine heads look crude. 3600 part? Meh, the ever increasing number of part is no longer impressive as it usually just the reason to raise the price. For the price tag of 350EUR+ it better be good technically rather than in looks. And should use common colours obviously, not some light-pearl-bluish-purple.

Edited by zux