DUymAveX0AEmEgH.jpg:large

SO, what we know:

• On shelfs on 1. august
  • ~359 EUR
  • 3599 parts
  • new rims
  • new hubs
  • light grey 2x5 panel (seems so, not existing DBG)

This is what the text says:

the lego group is pleased to announce today the partnership between bugatti and lego technic. The second set from the Lego Technic Ultimate Series will be created as part of this collaboration. ...LEGO: "after the success of the porsche gt3 rs it was important for us to find a partner with an iconic vehicle which is unique in the automotive industry, with bugatti we have achieved just that" ...BUGATTI:  "we are very proud of the chiron and We are honored that there will now be a lego technic version of this exceptional supercar, and our designers and engineers have enjoyed working with the lego technic team and the result is an authentic replica of the chiron. "

Cool! Slight change of topic title, but this set warrants a dedicated topic.

Hm, first Porsche, then Bugatti, what will be next Bentley?

they all belong to Volkswagen group (if i'm not mistaken)

Just now, I_Igor said:

Please don't start a discussion like this. Lets stick to the Chiron.

2 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

They are indeed :) I made the exact comment earlier

sorry jim

Edited by Seasider

Is it bad that I'm expecting so much from this Chiron set? Like, you look at the Porsche now and see just a display piece with little in the way of motorization or standout features, and now there's this, a car of greater magnitude than the Porsche GT3RS in real life, so the feature list has got to have something that can make this set worth the asking price.

So black and blue has to be the obvious colour scheme for this?

do we think it’ll be all Technic or some brick builds to capture all the important shapes, side curves, rear light strip etc ?

Are we sure that will be a new wheel hubs?? Wheel rims have pins, I know, but in the video is a moment, when it looks like the old one.. what do you think guys? 

Just now, Jim said:

Please don't start a discussion like this. Lets stick to the Chiron.

Ok, was just wondering since Bugatti and Bentley are creme de la creme of automobile industry. and both have "W" configured engines like W16 can be seen on trailer that you posted. Perhaps you could port that video here to have all that in one place. Engine is magnificent and would fit perfectly in rounded rear part...

I like steering wheel

1 minute ago, Seasider said:

They are indeed :) I made the exact comment earlier

sorry jim

sorry I was to late :sad: but we get the point

What this set needs to make it stand out, is what someone mentioned earlier - new 4wd hubs with bigger angle cv's or similar. Plus a special gearbox. For me, they have to do that to add a bit of Whiz-Bang.. being pretty isn't enough to cover the cost. Clever and pretty and wallets will open up for it!

1 minute ago, Dyen said:

Are we sure that will be a new wheel hubs?? Wheel rims have pins, I know, but in the video is a moment, when it looks like the old one.. what do you think guys? 

they look similar indeed but with some highlights in chrome hm...

The question will be: Did they learn from their mistakes or did they continue the line of miserable engineering set in by the Porsche?

Then again, new rims with better offset and new hubs are always welcome.

Edited by Didumos69

The hub at 0:14 in the video is the same rear hub as in the past. Coupled with 4185 Pulley wheel the old hub and new wheel can be connected. I'm not yet convinced of new hubs. Remember how excited we were at this point with 42056. I'm keeping my expectations low until I am proved otherwise.

9 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

No new hubs, guys. With the Porsche ones it is easy to make front drive, steering and suspension.

Where is the video to prove?

4 minutes ago, BusterHaus said:

Right screen 0:14 !! Gearbox! And W16!

Edited by Milan
Removed quoted video from the same page.

6 minutes ago, Thirdwigg said:

The hub at 0:14 in the video is the same rear hub as in the past. Coupled with 4185 Pulley wheel the old hub and new wheel can be connected. I'm not yet convinced of new hubs. Remember how excited we were at this point with 42056. I'm keeping my expectations low until I am proved otherwise.

The only other scenario I can imagine is that there are new hubs, but old ones were used in the teaser video to slow down certain copycats. 

Just now, Offroadcreat1ons said:

In the video he is holding what looks like a gearbox, hopefully better then the Porsche's.

Yes, with a white clutch gear...

Just now, Aventador2004 said:

Yes, with a white clutch gear...

Which is a bad smell... The clutch gear in the Porsche served to deal with a halting gearbox...

Just now, Didumos69 said:

Which is a bad smell... The clutch gear in the Porsche served to deal with a halting gearbox...

Yes, I thought so... Darn it!