Hello all,

I would like to show my latest moc: a Caterpillar electric rope shovel. It is an improved version of my 2014 shovel, which can be found here 

This one has a better crowd mechanism, a latch free dipper system and it drives a lot smoother. I also redesigned the operatorcabin, superstructure  and added almost all the outside lights that are on the real machine. 

The crowd mechanism of the 2014 model worked like the real machine with  ropes. Those worked well untill they broke. That was the point that I took the 2014 version apart. In this one I replaced the rope by a 8 thooth gear and gearrack, which is way better than the rope.

It took me about 4 weeks to rebuid it from schratch.

28186472159_8cb923ddb9_c.jpg

Cat 7495 HF 2018 by Arjan Oude Kotte, on Flickr

28186470999_d80ab708b0_c.jpg

28186470169_149d87a2e7_c.jpg

25083492297_6bb7217d5b_c.jpg

CAT 7495 HF by Arjan Oude Kotte, on Flickr

39056804715_2117a106f0_c.jpg

CAT 7495 HF by Arjan Oude Kotte, on Flickr

Thanks for reading!

wow - amazing effort. Great functions and the night look under lights is just magic.

Spectacular, as usual. By the way, I'm a big fan of walking excavators. Have you considered building a model of one?

Great shovel and terrific pictures!

No nitpicking intended @Konajra, but it seems that the bucket attachments left-right differ half a stud. 

konajra-cat7495-bucket.jpg

Edited by emielroumen

1 hour ago, bonox said:

wow - amazing effort. Great functions and the night look under lights is just magic.

Thanks.

51 minutes ago, Sariel said:

Spectacular, as usual. By the way, I'm a big fan of walking excavators. Have you considered building a model of one?

Thanks, I have built of in 2015 but never really finished it. It turned out to be technical disaster.

19310028296_151747e3a2_c.jpgCaterpillar 8200 fully illuminated WIP by Arjan Oude Kotte, on Flickr

Slewing was badly engineered and it could not walk any more, because of the total weight

But I want to try again this year.

36 minutes ago, emielroumen said:

Great shovel and terrific pictures!

No nitpicking intended @Konajra, but it seems that the bucket attachment left-right differ half a stud. 

konajra-cat7495-bucket.jpg

I know, I used those on purpose, sometimes the ropes just wind up differently and than the bucket hangs out of line.This way I can keep it horizontal without constantly resetting the cables.

5 minutes ago, Konajra said:

I know, I used those on purpose, sometimes the ropes just wind up differently and than the bucket hangs out of line.This way I can keep it horizontal without constantly resetting the cables.

Practical solution! (I only noticed as the photo was zoomed in on the bucket when I opened it on flicker.)

It is a nice idea to improve old MOCs, the new pieces give us better solutions, awesome work as usual and very clever idea to keep horizontal the bucket.

Great rebuild buddy, and love your heavy machinery builds, with al the stunning details. Know i have to drive extra safely to Hamburg, with your masterpiece onboard.:wink:

Those were among my favorite machines back when I was a kid, and I still love the gigantic drag lines, strip shovels and mining excavators. Your is stunningly beautiful and very well executed, especially with the lights on it looks just like the real thing. Its wonderful. :thumbup:

How about the Marion 6360 as next project? Go big or go home as they say. :wink:

14712487387_a1b946cb5a_b.jpg

Edited by GiantAmbushBeetle

Thanks, but I think the shovel above is an ugly, ugly UGLY piece of machinery :) first thng will probably be a dumptruck and than a CAT 8200 walking dragline

49 minutes ago, Konajra said:

Thanks, but I think the shovel above is an ugly, ugly UGLY piece of machinery :) first thng will probably be a dumptruck and than a CAT 8200 walking dragline

I think beautiful is what beautiful does. With 12700 tons and 64 meters total height it was the biggest earth moving machine ever built, even bigger than Big Muskie. :classic: 

There is even a  cast model of it: 

ccm%20m6360.jpg

Edited by GiantAmbushBeetle

Big it is :) but Beat Felber has already built an excellent model of a 5760. I can't top that:)

Hi, Konajra! I'm José, from Perú. I am pretty interesting in building this shovel at my home. Are you selling the full design of the shovel so i can build it? I have seen the "incomplete" MLCad file in your web page but i wonder if you are selling the complete one.

Thanks!

Edited by joseparedesy

I do not have a complete MLcad file of this one. the 2018 version is based upon the incomplete MLcad file on my site.