55 minutes ago, supertechnicman said:

Thanks! I’m still in the process of building. I designed the ship with LDD. It will take several years to buy all the parts due to cost. I haven’t even finished the first deck yet. 

Wow! Well, it's gonna be awesome! Keep up the great work!

Edited by LM71Blackbird

On 3/13/2018 at 11:09 AM, Edwin Korstanje said:

So far it's looks great, but way you have use clone brands for baseplates?!:cry_sad:

Baseplates are glued to table so they won't slide around.  Not a clone brand either.  Part #3811 in Light Bluish Gray sold on BrinkLink.com.

Edited by supertechnicman

Hi,

Your model looks awesome!

But as other have stated; we don't allow clone brands on EB. Since you are only using baseplates, I will give you the benefit of the doubt. But I kindly request to remove the pics with the baseplates, so I can leave this topic open. Would love to see your progress!

That doesn’t look like real LEGO. Have you seen my previous post?

22 minutes ago, Jim said:

That doesn’t look like real LEGO. Have you seen my previous post?

What do you mean? All the pieces are ordered off Bricklink. What piece doesn’t look like LEGO and how can I tell? 

Here’s a closer image from a different angle. 

Engine room close

I thought I missed the logo on the studs of the plates. But I might be mistaken.

4 minutes ago, Jim said:

I thought I missed the logo on the studs of the plates. But I might be mistaken.

I think the logos are hard to see in the first pictures because the light was coming from behind me. I took the last picture opposite the lighting and the logos are easier to see. 

I really like the way this is coming together, it's cool how you make it seem like the work is taking place in a actual ship yard, dig it. 

Impressive progress as well, surprisingly quick, can't wait to see more updates of the build process. 

1 hour ago, Johnny1360 said:

I really like the way this is coming together, it's cool how you make it seem like the work is taking place in a actual ship yard, dig it. 

Impressive progress as well, surprisingly quick, can't wait to see more updates of the build process. 

Thanks! It’s going to be a multi year build so I decided to have fun with it and create some work scenes. 

10 hours ago, supertechnicman said:

I think the logos are hard to see in the first pictures because the light was coming from behind me. I took the last picture opposite the lighting and the logos are easier to see. 

Cool. Carry on :wink: :sweet:

Damn, saw this bumped up and thought there was a progress report. How about it @supertechnicman any updates or have you gave up on this, I know you said it would be a multi year project, just hoping you haven't thrown in the towel. 

I actually have most of the first couple levels of the ship built. I’ll take some pictures tonight and try to get them posted. I’ve had some issues finding rare Lego pieces but I’m still on track to finish within five years. 

Here's the latest update pics.  It's a slow process.

One of the propellers is finished. 

QM2 update

Most of the bottom of the hull is done.  Complete with four stabilizing fins that can be folded in and out. I added some trophy figure Lego people for scale.  They're not exactly 1:200, but they're fairly close. 

QM2 update

Towards the bow you can see the "Illuminations" planetarium, and the "Royal Court Theatre" is just behind that. There is a tiny drum set in the theatre instrument pit.  I'm a drummer, so I thought that was appropriate.  The blue and grey equipment in the double bottom behind the theatre are the chillers for the ship's air conditioning system. 

QM2 update

QM2 updateQM2 update

Only the very bottom of the hull is built at the stern right now.  I'll be adding the four propulsion pods with propellers soon.  They aft two propulsion pods will be able to rotate 360 degrees just like on the real ship.  You can see one of the cargo elevators sticking up and a couple of green boilers sticking out of the engine room ahead of that.

QM2 update

I like the approach that you are taking, building the model like the ship is being build in the shipyard. With all the microfigs and cranes.

Just added some of the crew rooms and AC ducting on Deck A.  I also added the four water level access doors. This is going to be a long project...

Crew cabins added

damn what a build!!! I really like the way you are building it, keep up the good work :thumbup:

and make sure those workers don't go on a strike :tongue:

More work completed on hull of Queen Mary 2.  I completed the section of levels 3 and 4 containing the Britannia Restaurant and Grand Lobby.  These are the most awe-inspiring public rooms on the ship.

First floor of grand lobby and main restaurant. Exhaust stacks and elevator shafts can be seen rising through the floors.

Level 3-4 mid section.Level 3-4 mid section.

Parts of the elevator shafts and stairwells are sticking up out of Level 4.  You can also see the grey capped-off exhaust ports from the diesel engines in the belly of the ship.

Section containing Britannia Restaurant and Grand Lobby.

Over the next few months I'm going to work on the bow and stern up to Level 4.  When I'm completely done, the ship will easily come apart into many sections so you can see the inner rooms.

I added a few more sections to the bow.  It is now completed up to the forward mooring deck.  

QM2 bow

QM2 bow

Here's a closeup of the anchors with Lego trophy figurines for scale.  They are a little bit big for a 1:200 model, but they're close.  The real anchors weigh 23 tonnes each and each chain is 385 meters long and weighs 119 tonnes.

QM2 bow