Captain Genaro

GBW- CP5 - FILACE – Behind Enemy Lines 3/8 In Position

GBW- CP5 - FILACE – Behind Enemy Lines 3/8 In Position

The action hereby depicted takes place at the same time than episode 4/8 (Sigpro).

Grid E8

39945643892_db10c81e7c_c.jpgIt takes two by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

The sniper team lay in the cold, the pure white snow falling around them. For the past week, the team had moved slowly through the freezing, snowy mountains of Xenor, facing near blizzard conditions, hypothermia, and of course hostiles. Their progress was slow, since they were forced to travel by night and had to take precautions to ensure they left no tracks, but at last they reached the small mountain overlooking the Xenor air-defense station. They had already been waiting for almost a day, nervously chatting to cover their fears of being found by a Xenor patrol and anxious for the operation to fully commence. 

39945660982_dbf7b0864c_c.jpgIt takes two by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

Suddenly the spotter's communication headset came to life. 

"REDEYE, this is TIZONA"

The spotter turned his mic on and replied. "Roger, TIZONA, this is REDEYE." 

"We are in range, proceed. Repeat, we are in range, proceed." 

"Affirmative, TIZONA. Will proceed. REDEYE out." 

PHOTO 2: The sniper team preparing.

"Go?" Asked the other soldier.

39945647712_1f8c4fb2f3_c.jpgIt takes two by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

"Yea" replied the spotter as he quickly rubbed his hands together and picked up his spotting equipment. "Range, 220... wind, 2.5 north-north west..." the soldier continued as the gunner quietly adjusted the scope and his aim. 

"You make this shot and the next round is on me," the spotter said, receiving a muted grunt in reply. 

For several seconds nothing happened, with only the occasional gust of wind creating any noise. The sniper silently making miniscule adjustments to his equipment, the spotter as still as a statute keeping an eye out with his equipment. Suddenly, three cracks rang out as the sniper fired, two shots striking the satellite's antenna with a third harmlessly hitting the dish. 

39975931181_5bb0938358_c.jpgIt takes two by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

"Hit" the sniper said as he turned his aim to the base's fence, looking for any signs of a counter attack. 

“TIZONA, this is REDEYE, enemy radar temporarily disabled”.

“REDEYE, roger. RWR shows no threat. I climb and prepare for bomb run”.

As the sniper continued to scan for any approaching hostiles, the spotter turned his targeting laser to the SAM battery. The two men sat their in silence, their adrenaline rushing knowing that every second it took TIZONA to complete its mission meant an extra second they didn't have to begin escaping. And even Xenor's third-rate soldiers wouldn't take more than a few minutes to begin sending out patrols.The seconds turned to minutes, the minutes seemingly stretching for an eternity, when suddenly the SAM open fired. 

"Oh, shit," swore the spotter. Keeping the laser aimed at the target, he turned on his mic. 

"TIZONA, missiles inbound, missiles inbound. They're shooting at you" the spotter exclaimed with just a hint of excitement in his otherwise calm demeanor. 

For a few tense moments, there was nothing but static.

"Missiles evaded, repeat, missiles evaded." 

But just as the spotter was about to congratulate the pilot, two massive explosions rocked the SAM battery. 

"Damn, and I thought we had nerves of steel," said the spotter as he examined the burning wreckage. "Stayed in his dive with SAMs inbound." 

39945656012_bed09992c1_c.jpgIt takes two by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

"That's stupid, not brave." said the sniper as he quickly packed their equipment.

"Yea, well it get's the job done" the spotter replied. Then into the mic, "TIZONA, target destroyed, target destroyed." 

"Roger that, REDEYE, extract as planned. Good luck down there. TIZONA, out." 

Without bothering to reply, the spotter helped pack the equipment, and the two soldiers moved out to the extract point. 

39945651702_0213deb99f_c.jpgIt takes two by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

Additional Shots of the whole build: 

Hide contents

28197457529_4703ec06e5_c.jpgIt takes two by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

39945638352_6f8ff1a70d_c.jpgIt takes two by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

28197420759_d3fdd9e4d4_c.jpgIt takes two by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

28197475649_bd6dd30000_c.jpgIt takes two by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

28197436209_5e88586f8e_c.jpgIt takes two by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

39945598452_a826418e34_c.jpgIt takes two by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

28197454019_89ed21a18a_c.jpgIt takes two by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

Edited by Captain Genaro
Corrected Country Spelling

Excellent terrain, and as I told you while coordinating our builds, it looks like a Tom Clancy novel.

Congratulations!

You’ve been awarded (  7) points.

Judges’ comments…

I'll start with what jumped out at me right away...your pics!  Not sure how you got that exposure but it gave the sense that this was going on during a snowstorm, and that really stuck out, so nice jjob on that!  Your rock wall is very detailed, along with random patchiness of snow, the ice, the compound.  What I enjoyed was the tree.  I saw the tutorial of these a few weeks ago on flickr and thought it would be great to incorporate a few into the game, glad to see someone else thought so as well.  Nice build!    

I particularly liked the use of the grate plates as a fence and the way you SNOT bricked the snow along the base of the fence. The snow covered tree was a nice touch too. I would have liked to have seen some wider angle or more depth pictures.     

Nearly missed the overall picture. Don't forget a full scene in your presentation

Be Sure to Update Your AARs. 

Thanks for playing!