LittleJohn

Collection of Medieval Tutorials

Very new to this building after compiling parts. Been a struggle finding more advanced tutorials. This index was amazing to find. That is for all the hard work. Book marked. Is there a way to follow this thread for updates?

9 hours ago, LordBevis said:

Very new to this building after compiling parts. Been a struggle finding more advanced tutorials. This index was amazing to find. That is for all the hard work. Book marked. Is there a way to follow this thread for updates?

Thank you very much, we're always thrilled to read comments like these! Very glad that our tutorials are helpful to you. :sweet: 

If you scroll to the top of the page, you should see a button that says "follow", above the green button that says "Reply to this topic". Click that, and I believe you will get updates when we post new tutorials here :classic:

Checked back in to find 4 updates! Thanks so much guys! I need to try these all out to get the techniques in my mind. Great job as always, and looking forward to more!

On 4/5/2018 at 12:00 AM, ShoelaceAglet said:

Checked back in to find 4 updates! Thanks so much guys! I need to try these all out to get the techniques in my mind. Great job as always, and looking forward to more!

You're very welcome! Glad you like them :sweet:

Another one has been added to the index:

Simple Roof Gables Tutorial:

33784053273_8a484ab732.jpg

Very impressed and inspired by these useful tutorials...might surpass DC's Detailed Guide To Building A Medieval Village "effect" on the Medieval MOCing community(if it hasn't already, imho you two are [at least almost] as famous and brilliant builders as he came to be)

Some of the techniques explained(or techniques with similar effects) in these tutuorials I've seen before in MOCs and haven't figured out until you came with your solution to it like the middle eastern floors or the slanted and technic rockworks;

Not only does it improve the angles of the intricate and slope intensive technique, it also spared a lof of those expensive large grey slopes to get that spiky cliff look (over a 100 stud length it saved me 200 euros using 1x2 regular bricks instead of those 1x2x3 [inverted] slopes) and you also inspired lots of my ideas based on how you approached some other aspects(especially furniture, carts/wagons and how to cover up the corners on diagonal placed walls)

The fact that you two (despite being brothers and thus I guess would have a very similar "Lego-experience") have such distinct and recognizable projects making the variety in building techniques that much wider helps with keeping it interesting enough I want to check for updates every week.

Keep up the great work!

On 4/11/2018 at 9:53 AM, Ravelino said:

Very impressed and inspired by these useful tutorials...might surpass DC's Detailed Guide To Building A Medieval Village "effect" on the Medieval MOCing community(if it hasn't already, imho you two are [at least almost] as famous and brilliant builders as he came to be)

Some of the techniques explained(or techniques with similar effects) in these tutuorials I've seen before in MOCs and haven't figured out until you came with your solution to it like the middle eastern floors or the slanted and technic rockworks;

Not only does it improve the angles of the intricate and slope intensive technique, it also spared a lof of those expensive large grey slopes to get that spiky cliff look (over a 100 stud length it saved me 200 euros using 1x2 regular bricks instead of those 1x2x3 [inverted] slopes) and you also inspired lots of my ideas based on how you approached some other aspects(especially furniture, carts/wagons and how to cover up the corners on diagonal placed walls)

The fact that you two (despite being brothers and thus I guess would have a very similar "Lego-experience") have such distinct and recognizable projects making the variety in building techniques that much wider helps with keeping it interesting enough I want to check for updates every week.

Keep up the great work!

:sweet: Thank you so much for the detailed comment! We really enjoy doing these tutorials - especially when we hear that people are finding them useful or inspiring :sweet:
Glad we could save you some money!

Furniture Tutorial #5

15.jpg

Edited by LittleJohn

Millions of thanks for all these tutorials! Very nice way to learn some pretty cool techniques! Keep it up! :classic: :thumbup:

On 4/25/2018 at 5:28 PM, LegoModularFan said:

Millions of thanks for all these tutorials! Very nice way to learn some pretty cool techniques! Keep it up! :classic: :thumbup:

Glad you enjoy them! We'll certainly try our best to keep making them :classic:

Another tutorial has been added:

Furniture Tutorial #7:

35029031873_49bf0f6006.jpg

Thanks for the great tutorials :D I would really like to see some more tutorials on how to build mountains or rocky cliffs :)

Love all of these guides, please keep adding! 

Wishlist for me, I would like to see some small foot bridges to go over some streams. Thank you guys, keep kickin megablocks!

On 5/5/2018 at 5:21 PM, Tuben said:

Thanks for the great tutorials :D I would really like to see some more tutorials on how to build mountains or rocky cliffs :)

Very glad that you're enjoying them! :sweet: And thanks for your suggestion, we'll try to do another one or two on rocks in the future.
In the meantime, I would recommend checking out these tutorials that we've already done (that is, if you haven't already!):

Slanted Rockwork Tutorial

Simple SNOT and Studs Up Rockwork Tutorial

Technic Rockwork Tutorial

3 hours ago, ShoelaceAglet said:

Love all of these guides, please keep adding! 

Wishlist for me, I would like to see some small foot bridges to go over some streams. Thank you guys, keep kickin megablocks!

Thank you, we'll definitely try our best to keep them coming for you! Foot bridges is a great suggestion, we'll try to get up as soon as we can :thumbup:

And a few more tutorials have been added to the index:

Furniture Tutorial #8:

36170633192_e9e28ac61f.jpg

Slanted Rockwork Tutorial:

25301371887_04cf8719f2.jpg

Nice job with these!

By the way, medieval sets are one of my children's favourites -I'm more of a sci fi/military guy- but I should get around to take pictures of the shields they designed : we got a bunch of blank ones, some brushes and model paints, and I let their fantasies run wild to create coats of arms for the different families in their castle, and I'm positively surprised by the accuracy and imagination they had when doing these ; I knew they were smart, but they outdid themselves. (Is that true, or is that parental pride talking? :laugh:)

On 5/11/2018 at 12:01 PM, Flagon_15 said:

Nice job with these!

By the way, medieval sets are one of my children's favourites -I'm more of a sci fi/military guy- but I should get around to take pictures of the shields they designed : we got a bunch of blank ones, some brushes and model paints, and I let their fantasies run wild to create coats of arms for the different families in their castle, and I'm positively surprised by the accuracy and imagination they had when doing these ; I knew they were smart, but they outdid themselves. (Is that true, or is that parental pride talking? :laugh:)

Thank you, glad you like them! That's a great way to liven up some blank shields, and I bet your kids had loads of fun designing their own heraldry.

Another tutorial has been added:

45° Skyrim Roof Tutorial

39587064272_babbdacee7.jpg

Also, if anyone has a specific design/technique they would like to see us do a tutorial on, don't hesitate to suggest it! We're always looking for new tutorial ideas :classic: