Sign in to follow this  
Elostirion

[CH 1B - ESL] Mountain Goats and Yellow Highland Frogs

24943214857_7d1ed24107_c.jpg

Starting from their house in Jameston, Juan Alfonso Fontonajo and his expedition had travelled into the inlands of
Celestia. Their journey through the verdant and often humid jungles, up the mountains, had come with a lot of struggle.
Fortunately, their company had been saved from harm of any sort, except some minor scratches from vines, or some
bites from mosquitos.

The trees had become smaller and smaller, and the jungles less dense and less wet, the higher they had come. That
was somewhat relieving, and also gave great sight onto the lands around them and all the secrets they might be able
to unveil. Yesterday they had followed some strange sounds, only to find that those were coming from two goats, running
up and down the steepest rocks as if they were the most even grassland. Luca do Fignio raise from his daydreams and
kept writing his report to the Royal Society of Natural Philosophy.

28034655319_bd388fa90a.jpg

"... must be the most astounding animals I have met in my entire life. I would tend to call them mountain goats
but am afraid that simple name will not do their skills justice. A slope full of lose rocks may descent almost
vertically, yet still those small runners will be able to just run it down, without ever doubting or without ever
stumbling in the slightest. I do not see how a tiger, a jaguar or any other of the wild cats that are rumoured
to wander the jungles of both Cascadia and Celestia - and rumoured I say because I will yet have to see one
myself - might ever be able to catch pray on one of the mountain goats."

28034655189_a1c85a2929.jpg

"The small yellow frogs still leave me confused. I assume the first one I have seen must have been at a 
height of what I approximate to be roughly 2000 ft. above both Jameston and the sea level, not calculating
the impacts circularity of Terra, which, for a rough estimation as mine, would not account for much anyway.
The frequency in which we saw those frogs increased with increasing height, however we have never seen
more than one in the same spot. Some of my companions have joked that it is the same frog following our
ascent, but I highly doubt this. Neither does this frog make loud noises, nor did it show any other signs of
special skills or treats, that would differentiate it from normal frogs. On my journey back I intend to catch
one to continue my studies in further depths - whether those frogs carry poison, or excrete any fluids, and
most specially why we have only seen them over a specific height - because I do not yet see any reason
for this to be, except the fact that it is what we have witnessed. For now - with no further observations - I
will continue and call this unknown species the Yellow Highland Frog, until I come up with a better name
for its unique abilities, which I am most determined to unveil."

And while Luca do Fignio kept writing his essays, Juan Alfonso Fontonajo was already planning the next
steps of their voyage in his head.

28034657359_9120ecf162.jpg

39813341141_bd60ae0648.jpg

Edited by Elostirion

Great rock work Elos, it must have taken hours to construct! The vegetation integrates well into it and as always I am very jealous of the goats! (I nearly ordered two before Christmas but just couldn't do it in the end...:pir-laugh:) The frogs are also a nice addition. Great entry!

Wonderful build! And I, too, am jealous of the goats. Two of them! <sigh> :wub:

Great rockwork and vegetation, but the storytelling really makes this for me. Excellent! :thumbup:

Nice rockwork and really good placement of the flora (I especially like the fact that it is spread across different levels). Hopefully the mountain goats won't eat the Orchid!

I really like the texture in the rocks with the 1x1s!  The colors, especially the hints of dark orange, go very nicely too. :thumbup:  

Very nice overall mountain landscape, with good balance between green and dbg. I like that the vegetation is gathered in that way, seems much more realistic than if it would have been spread out more evenly :classic: