jansued

GBW -CP5 - CoST - Ursus maritimus

Epilog:  Well this is not a Polar bear but the main reason while this whole thing took so long..

25100464577_05d08155fe_c.jpg0 by Jan Südmersen, auf Flickr

Here we go. Deep in Xenor Country near a military airfield there is a small outpost of the glorious Xenor Air defense battalion. The members of this elite unit were chosen....

25100464097_54aec636ed_c.jpg1 by Jan Südmersen, auf Flickr

.... by their abiltiy of singing traditional xenorian songs (which always are somehow sad and evolving around love, revenge and little white rabbits) and, even more important, the ability to withstand larger volumes of traditional xenorian Lager beer.

26098438208_71be201ee1_c.jpg2 by Jan Südmersen, auf Flickr.

So it wasn't really a challenge for the Mountaineers to sneak into their base and surprise them To be honest: Because of the songs and the beer the Xenor guys didn't notice them even as there were standing in front of them. The teamleader  -a former drill seargant  had to use his well-trained drill voice to get some attention..

39970701151_7fb76fdcdf_c.jpg3 by Jan Südmersen, auf Flickr

But finally they realized what kind of mess they are in and started crying and begging....

25100463467_4e5757420b_c.jpg4 by Jan Südmersen, auf Flickr

But to no avail: they were sent naked into the woods...  The Mountaineers then took over the base and readied their own and Xenorian weapons.

39970700521_8651234d81_c.jpg5 by Jan Südmersen, auf Flickr

They also found an old ZSU 23-4 AA Gun in a wonderful condition. "They don't build those things anymore...."

25100463067_7df6473007_c.jpg6 by Jan Südmersen, auf Flickr

Exactly at that moment when the TOW was ready to go, Private Trommel (yes, the son of the secretary of defense)  detected a convoy heading to the airport...

28168841699_3dcfd8c067_c.jpgP1280355 by Jan Südmersen, auf Flickr

He took aim, knowing that the HEAT Rocket will do the job...

26098437818_391c7cef46_c.jpg8 by Jan Südmersen, auf Flickr

...3 ... 2....1  FIRE !!

25100462747_8cf48e9263_c.jpg9 by Jan Südmersen, auf Flickr

like a little but very very fast firefly the rocket was swashing to its target...

39939678442_b02003c908_c.jpg91 by Jan Südmersen, auf Flickr

and found its aim. KAA -BOOOOOOM!!

26098439168_205255e0ae_c.jpg92 by Jan Südmersen, auf Flickr

The rest of the convoy was dealt with the heavy machine guns and the AA Gun. And while they are on it, they demolished a large part of the military airport including 2 helicopters, 4 Harriers and the Radar System.

39260527384_164e205be9_c.jpg93 by Jan Südmersen, auf Flickr

26098438378_911ed58867_c.jpg94 by Jan Südmersen, auf Flickr

After leaving the convoy and the airport in flames, the Mountaineers blew up the base and retreated silent into the woods - ready for their next mission....

26098437358_9087ebe200_c.jpg95 by Jan Südmersen, auf Flickr

Funny story, with excellent details (the AA gun, the party of the Xenor soldiers, the attack to the convoy...). The ice cream scoops are excellent for missile trails!

"Chosen by their ability of singing traditional Xenorian songs" :laugh::laugh_hard::roflmao:

Excellent idea !

And a very funny story you illustrated with a top notch build ! Great job !

You’ve been awarded (9) points.

Judges’ comments…

There is a lot to take in with this build, but in a good way. Everything from the overhead cable supports, to the AA Gun, to the Tow launcher. It's all very detailed and not very complex. The exploding truck detail is probably the highlight of this build for me. Outstanding.  

And THAT is why I'm a dog person!!!  But seriously...A trench where the men stay warm, all of the large weapons, and that exploding truck o fire are great!  You kept it fairly level, but added enough variation right along a roadway to make it believeable.  Great job with the cleared snow because I hate roadplates, seriously, I hate those things...but you made them look good!  My only real critique, and this is tough as you have the background already preformed, I think the white cut in and yellowed out your pics a lil bit.  But that may just be me?        

A lovely build all around. Great job with the trench system, the AA, the radar, and the landscapping. I'm really not sure if I like the AA or the TOW more. The snow is nice, but it does look odd for one shoulder of the road to be covered in snow while the other shoulder is clear. The convoy vehicles are okay (not great, not terrible), but the explosion shot is really impressive.  

Be Sure to Update Your AARs. 

Thanks for playing!